NY NY - Mary Anne Wesolowski, 13, Glens Falls, 18 Aug 1971

Found some more details online

Mary Anne Wesolowski went missing from 44 Hudson Ave., on August 18th. Mary Anne was told to go back to Haviland Cove, to tell her mom's boyfriend, Chuck Phillips, to come home. Earlier that morning, Mary Anne, her brother Paul, and one of her girlfriends were at the beach at Haviland Cove, and saw Chuck with another woman. When they told their mom, she told Mary Anne to go back and tell Chuck to come home. MaryAnne went to the corner of Hudson Ave. and Spring St, (road configuration has changed since Urban Renewal in 1971) where Her brother Paul asked her if he could go with her. She told him to stay home, she would be back soon. NO ONE has seen her since...

This puts a different spin on things. Did they even question the stepfather?
They claim to have, spoken with CHUCK PHILLIPS,( mom’s boyfriend NOT a step dad)but, when I spoke with detectives, they appeared afraid of him. You can’t make this *advertiser censored* up.

This is really upsetting. I'm not 100% up to speed with the case but can someone else who was close to Mary Anne contact them and insist on a thorough investigation? I'm assuming you are her brother. I don't know if you have it in you but maybe getting more demanding with the department might help. Dont ASK them, Tell them to interview this man who may or may not have harmed out innocent people in his lifetime of freedom. You have rights if you are family. I'm sorry for your loss.
Ive called his son, and asked to speak with him. He would not. I’m considering just driving there and confronting him, even though he is 80 plus years old. The police are afraid to go there...WHY?

Ironically, I delivered the Poughkeepsie Journal then, and I remember that photo of the Police Officer and the baby. I wouldn’t know how to go about following up on it though.

@Paul wesolowski Very interesting.. In one of the clippings it lists the name of the hospital...I wonder if they have records of the patient(although would they be able to give any info out?)
Chatting with Jim he mentioned that you could try and see if you could find an Obituary or a Certificate of Death for the Mary Anne in the articles(check at the county building for the town she lived in and/or the town the hospital is/was in?) to see if it gives any infomation.. I would imagine there should be one...

@Paul wesolowski Very interesting.. In one of the clippings it lists the name of the hospital...I wonder if they have records of the patient(although would they be able to give any info out?)
Chatting with Jim he mentioned that you could try and see if you could find an Obituary or a Certificate of Death for the Mary Anne in the articles(check at the county building for the town she lived in and/or the town the hospital is/was in?) to see if it gives any infomation.. I would imagine there should be one...

Update: Looks like the Deaconess Hospital was closed and then in 2013 demolished.. but maybe an obit or certificate of death could be ascertained from the county or city of Buffalo.

Update: Looks like the Deaconess Hospital was closed and then in 2013 demolished.. but maybe an obit or certificate of death could be ascertained from the county or city of Buffalo.

Am local and work in healthcare administrative. Deaconess' records still exist! They were transferred to Buffalo General, which is under Kaleida Health now. I don't know if they have been digitized, but just wanted to give a head's up that they should still be around.

I haven't read this thread through yet, so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

Am local and work in healthcare administrative. Deaconess' records still exist! They were transferred to Buffalo General, which is under Kaleida Health now. I don't know if they have been digitized, but just wanted to give a head's up that they should still be around.

I haven't read this thread through yet, so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

That is Excellent information! I would imagine any info to be gotten in regard to her from either the hospitals or the County/City would need to be under a request from the police dept. and/or a court order as it is all protected information...
Hey @Paul wesolowski just a thought, maybe it's worth a shot to see if the GFPD would follow up on this lead... ask them to check Buffalo General hospital medical records/patient info and Buffalo City/County for certificate of death...? They could also see about records from the fire, there was a name of someone from the fire dept. in one of those articles.. who knows if that person is still alive but maybe, and there may be some kind of official record of the fire with some information related to the occupants of the building/apartment...

Also, the address of 539 Orchard Place might be relevant. I found it for a Jennifer Wesolowski. It might be the same Jennifer that died in the fire because the age matched. Still looking for that confirm or deny piece of evidence though.

Attachments

• Jennifer Wesolowski.JPG
    Jennifer Wesolowski.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 17

New to me info in these. Thanks!

Does anyone know why exactly Yarter was ruled out? I appreciate @Paul wesolowski's conviction about the boyfriend or his son and my thoughts align, but I'm objectively curious. There was enough to consider him so what was sufficient enough that they crossed him off the list? What were the circumstances of his bragging to a cop about it to begin with?

New to me info in these. Thanks!

Does anyone know why exactly Yarter was ruled out? I appreciate @Paul wesolowski's conviction about the boyfriend or his son and my thoughts align, but I'm objectively curious. There was enough to consider him so what was sufficient enough that they crossed him off the list? What were the circumstances of his bragging to a cop about it to begin with?
Where are you getting the idea that Yarter was ruled out? I don't think that either article says that.

Also, the address of 539 Orchard Place might be relevant. I found it for a Jennifer Wesolowski. It might be the same Jennifer that died in the fire because the age matched. Still looking for that confirm or deny piece of evidence though.

Is the thinking that due to the shoddy reporting Jennifer was reported dead erroneously or is there something else linking this Jennifer? I just read this thread from the beginning for the first time and have several tabs open, jumping back and forth so forgive me if I missed something.

Without doxing myself (or anyone else for that matter) I can offer up that I plugged her name into Facebook and we actually have a few mutuals. I am pretty sure it is that exact Jennifer because she's the only one that comes up locally and the friends we have in common work and live in her neighborhood. I clicked through her profile a bit. One thing that stuck out is that she has a younger sibling also named Wesolowski. Meaning her sibling born after the fire would have somehow been given her (and not their own) mother's maiden name. I don't think she has any affiliation to the fire or the victims.

Where are you getting the idea that Yarter was ruled out? I don't think that either article says that.

You are correct. I misread the end of the second article here. My mistake.
Interest in him piqued in the early 1990s after police learned he told an off-duty police officer in Florida that he had gotten away with killing a girl in New York. He has denied involvement in Wesolowski’s case, however.

Is the thinking that due to the shoddy reporting Jennifer was reported dead erroneously or is there something else linking this Jennifer? I just read this thread from the beginning for the first time and have several tabs open, jumping back and forth so forgive me if I missed something.

Without doxing myself (or anyone else for that matter) I can offer up that I plugged her name into Facebook and we actually have a few mutuals. I am pretty sure it is that exact Jennifer because she's the only one that comes up locally and the friends we have in common work and live in her neighborhood. I clicked through her profile a bit. One thing that stuck out is that she has a younger sibling also named Wesolowski. Meaning her sibling born after the fire would have somehow been given her (and not their own) mother's maiden name. I don't think she has any affiliation to the fire or the victims.

The address was a Jennifer Wesolowski's address, maybe the same one that died in the fire. If we have her address then we might have her mother's, which is a Mary Anne Wesolowski. We are trying to see if this person was one and the same person as the missing person.

The address was a Jennifer Wesolowski's address, maybe the same one that died in the fire. If we have her address then we might have her mother's, which is a Mary Anne Wesolowski. We are trying to see if this person was one and the same person as the missing person.

Thank you. I also went back and reread your blog post. I do get you're linking her due to the names and the Buffalo-area location, but wanted to make sure that if there is anything else connecting her that I thoroughly understand, because as I said, I am in the same social circle as (the only?) Jennifer Wesolowski from North Tonawanda. If I reach out to her or ask one of our mutual good friends to I want to include as much info as I can.

I do think it is unlikely North Tonawanda Jennifer is the same one reported as deceased in the fire. I couldn't confirm her parents names, but for her younger sibling to have her last name/Mary Anne's, they'd share a mother (Wesolowski being our Mary Anne's maiden name) but the age difference between them doesn't align with that due to her passing.

That said, I've learned through my interest in missing persons cases that anything really is possible, and if I can help in anyway to rule out a possibility or open a door up, I want to do what I can for missing Mary Anne, Paul, and their loved ones. Especially if it is as simple as asking NT Jennifer what her mother's name is or was.

Please let me know what you think -- I've never contacted someone about something like this and would like to be tactful and NOT creepy.

Thank you. I also went back and reread your blog post. I do get you're linking her due to the names and the Buffalo-area location, but wanted to make sure that if there is anything else connecting her that I thoroughly understand, because as I said, I am in the same social circle as (the only?) Jennifer Wesolowski from North Tonawanda. If I reach out to her or ask one of our mutual good friends to I want to include as much info as I can.

I do think it is unlikely North Tonawanda Jennifer is the same one reported as deceased in the fire. I couldn't confirm her parents names, but for her younger sibling to have her last name/Mary Anne's, they'd share a mother (Wesolowski being our Mary Anne's maiden name) but the age difference between them doesn't align with that due to her passing.

That said, I've learned through my interest in missing persons cases that anything really is possible, and if I can help in anyway to rule out a possibility or open a door up, I want to do what I can for missing Mary Anne, Paul, and their loved ones. Especially if it is as simple as asking NT Jennifer what her mother's name is or was.

Please let me know what you think -- I've never contacted someone about something like this and would like to be tactful and NOT creepy.

I wouldn't reach out to her. The Jennifer we're looking at is dead.

It isn't the same one as the missing person, period. The Mary Anne Wesolowski that vanished in August of 1971 is still missing. Her brother participates in the forum. The case is still an active police investigation.

It isn't the same one as the missing person, period. The Mary Anne Wesolowski that vanished in August of 1971 is still missing. Her brother participates in the forum. The case is still an active police investigation.

Hi @Ozoner - Just clarifying for @girlinblue -- She isn't claiming that Jennifer is the MP. The Jennifer she is speaking of would possibly be the daughter of the missing Mary Anne, if the reporting (newspaper article) was incorrect, and if Mary Anne(from the fire)'s daughter (Jennifer) had actually survived that fire.
It is 100% possible that the Mary Anne that was in the Buffalo fire could have been the MP that we are discussing... the only thing that refutes that possibility so far is the age/date of birth are off by a year or two and there was a last name misspelling in one of the newspaper articles on the last name.

I wouldn't reach out to her. The Jennifer we're looking at is dead.

Just to clarify as i'm not sure of your meaning from the response... The MP we are discussing is Mary Anne Wesolowski from Glens Falls, NY.

"Jennifer" is the name of the Buffalo child who is the daughter of the Buffalo Mary Anne Wesolowski. Supposedly three people died due to complications from an apartment fire - Mary Anne, and her two children, one of which was Jennifer.

I do agree with @girlinblue that if the newspaper reported the child Jennifer's death in error... that the person she is referring to, could possibly be the same Jennifer. The articles we saw had date/age/and spelling discrepancies... who knows how accurate they were...

It may be worth reaching out in some way... not sure how common that last name is...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back