NY NY - Queens, 74th St & 34th Ave, Wht/HispMale 20-30, UP13060, body parts in bags on hillside, Apr'14

Okay, I found a rather weird coincidence while checking for updates. Apparently a garbage bag with a skull, a fetus (possibly not human) in a jar, and some other stuff was found in front of a woman's house in East Elmhurst just about exactly a year before (article was Thursday, April 25, 2013). That appears to be about a ten-minute drive from where this year's bags were found, but not near the LIRR.

The frightening findings, which appeared to be the result of a bizarre religious ceremony, were taken to the city’s medical examiner for further analysis.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/skull-fetus-found-queens-article-1.1327017#ixzz30bgKoKCF

The Gothamist didn't mention anything about weird religious aspects:

http://gothamist.com/2013/04/25/fetus_skull_a_few_dollars_and_some.php

I didn't find any followup on either incident.

Hi guys-----checking in to see if there is any movement on this------BTW--Robert Mayer will be missing one year tomorrow. On another forum a man caliming to be his brother provided some info ---not sure how true it is. This individual never came to WS to be a VI or even to respond.

I wonder how long it could have been there. Does anyone know how long it could have been before hair decomposed? I believe it said that the hair was attached to the skull? I saw mention in above post that there was a house at that lot which was raised 2-3 years ago but it could have been on the property or even in the home when it was raised.

I set an alert in several places, so hopefully if anything new is released, I'll be notified.

I found this article, with some interesting info about other bones found all around Queens. Comments include more information as well. It's not directly related to these remains, but it sounds like finding bones in Queens is not very unusual.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/freed-slave-burial-ground-found-queens-article-1.1570113

The costruction crew found the body of a woman in 2011 when a machine accidentally dredged up her iron casket as they were tearing down a decades-old warehouse. She is believed to have died in the 1850s.

“We dubbed her the Iron Lady,” said John Houston, owner of the Triboro Funeral Home, in Corona, where she is stored. “The body is so well-preserved they thought it was a [recent] murder.”

I wonder how long it could have been there. Does anyone know how long it could have been before hair decomposed? I believe it said that the hair was attached to the skull? I saw mention in above post that there was a house at that lot which was raised 2-3 years ago but it could have been on the property or even in the home when it was raised.

I think it takes a very long time for hair to decompose----maybe the proteins in hair (or collagen????) decompose first leaving the strands of hair. I am going purely by seeing autopsies on crime tv.

They find hair and skin from thousand-year-old burials, so I think you're right -- the hair detaches from the scalp but the hair itself doesn't disintegrate.

When I saw the thread title... first name that came to mind was R. Mayer. Has there been any further LS reports on the identity of these remains. If anyone knows more on this, please post.
Thanks

Hey Justy----Hi !!!!!!

I have read things about Rob posted on another forum-----a guy who claims to be Rob's brother that never came on WS has had alot to offer. Nothing has been provided that can be verified. Its one year and here we are. Not sure what is going on with Ida's FB.

Thanks hot cawfee. I had lost track since the forum was on hold, and subsequent searches came up nothing new. Seeing this about body found and Queens - caught my eye. I guess maybe the find has been IDed and not RM. Thanks for your reply to my inquiry.

:bump:
Anyone find any new info on these remains?

Nope ktgirl-------nothing new at all on this---and nothing on Robert Mayer either despite his anniversary last week.

59b97f35-0b77-4eeb-be97-86e0faa72b36_zpse1aade2f.jpg

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...embered-body-found-near-lirr-tracks-1.9597634

The medical examiner's office determined that the body parts belonged to a 30-year-old white man.

Police are calling the man's death a homicide and they are seeking the public's help in identifying the victim.

NamUs says white or Hispanic: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13060

Hi all,
I posted here back in April. I live around the corner from the lot on 43rd Avenue where (from what I can tell from reading local news and from seeing the police activity in April) at least some of the bags were discovered. I kind of gave up on finding out anything about this case- I've been checking NAMUS and doing random google searches since April with no luck. So I was so excited to see on a local blog (Queens Crap) the composite sketch of the victim. Gives me hope that the police are seriously investigating this case.

FYI, another body was found along railroad tracks nearby, in Woodside, late last month; I think this falls under the jurisdiction of a different precinct, but hopefully the 110 and 108(?) compare notes to see if there are any similarities between the October and the April murder victims. Just seems weird, two bodies found along tracks not far from each other in such a short space of time. As with the April victim, the information reported about the victim discovered in October is pithy. But hopefully the authorities will release a sketch of this person soon. Here's one short article that I found:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/decomposing-body-found-in-queens/

Regarding the man found in April: all I can tell you about the area is that after the investigators finished with their search in April, the lot was boarded up again, and 43rd Avenue returned to its state of neglect and status as a general neighborhood dumping ground. Looking through the cracks in the fence around the lot, I see weeds that are about 3 feet high, and garbage galore. So who knows what is in there? **I thought that the dumping incidents in February and March (that is, when it looked like a landlord had thrown out the entire contents of someone's house, excluding furniture and clothing) might have been significant, but since March similar incidents of excessive dumping of people's personal belongings have occurred pretty frequently. Apparently 43rd Avenue has a reputation among landlords and also local businesses and contractors as a place to discard huge quantities of commercial and household trash. We who live nearby call 311 regularly to request pick-up of the dumping.

For those who live in the area: the 110th precinct (which is investigating the April murder) has a community meeting the second Thursday of every month; they are meeting this Thursday, in Corona. Details pasted below. I was going to stop by and see if I could talk to someone about the 43rd Avenue case. Since they just released this sketch, I would think that the case is pretty high priority.

"The 110th Community Council meetings will be held every 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM at Flander's VFW Hall 51-11 108th Street, Corona. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Community Affairs Office at 718-476-9310."

Bumping this is really intersting.

Thank you for the art
Hi all,
I posted here back in April. I live around the corner from the lot on 43rd Avenue where (from what I can tell from reading local news and from seeing the police activity in April) at least some of the bags were discovered. I kind of gave up on finding out anything about this case- I've been checking NAMUS and doing random google searches since April with no luck. So I was so excited to see on a local blog (Queens Crap) the composite sketch of the victim. Gives me hope that the police are seriously investigating this case.

FYI, another body was found along railroad tracks nearby, in Woodside, late last month; I think this falls under the jurisdiction of a different precinct, but hopefully the 110 and 108(?) compare notes to see if there are any similarities between the October and the April murder victims. Just seems weird, two bodies found along tracks not far from each other in such a short space of time. As with the April victim, the information reported about the victim discovered in October is pithy. But hopefully the authorities will release a sketch of this person soon. Here's one short article that I found:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/decomposing-body-found-in-queens/

Regarding the man found in April: all I can tell you about the area is that after the investigators finished with their search in April, the lot was boarded up again, and 43rd Avenue returned to its state of neglect and status as a general neighborhood dumping ground. Looking through the cracks in the fence around the lot, I see weeds that are about 3 feet high, and garbage galore. So who knows what is in there? **I thought that the dumping incidents in February and March (that is, when it looked like a landlord had thrown out the entire contents of someone's house, excluding furniture and clothing) might have been significant, but since March similar incidents of excessive dumping of people's personal belongings have occurred pretty frequently. Apparently 43rd Avenue has a reputation among landlords and also local businesses and contractors as a place to discard huge quantities of commercial and household trash. We who live nearby call 311 regularly to request pick-up of the dumping.

For those who live in the area: the 110th precinct (which is investigating the April murder) has a community meeting the second Thursday of every month; they are meeting this Thursday, in Corona. Details pasted below. I was going to stop by and see if I could talk to someone about the 43rd Avenue case. Since they just released this sketch, I would think that the case is pretty high priority.

"The 110th Community Council meetings will be held every 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM at Flander's VFW Hall 51-11 108th Street, Corona. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Community Affairs Office at 718-476-9310."
thank you for the article jegra it's so vague does not even mention if it's. Male of female.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back