NY NY - Queens, 74th St & 34th Ave, Wht/HispMale 20-30, UP13060, body parts in bags on hillside, Apr'14

Thank you for the art
Hi all,
I posted here back in April. I live around the corner from the lot on 43rd Avenue where (from what I can tell from reading local news and from seeing the police activity in April) at least some of the bags were discovered. I kind of gave up on finding out anything about this case- I've been checking NAMUS and doing random google searches since April with no luck. So I was so excited to see on a local blog (Queens Crap) the composite sketch of the victim. Gives me hope that the police are seriously investigating this case.

FYI, another body was found along railroad tracks nearby, in Woodside, late last month; I think this falls under the jurisdiction of a different precinct, but hopefully the 110 and 108(?) compare notes to see if there are any similarities between the October and the April murder victims. Just seems weird, two bodies found along tracks not far from each other in such a short space of time. As with the April victim, the information reported about the victim discovered in October is pithy. But hopefully the authorities will release a sketch of this person soon. Here's one short article that I found:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/decomposing-body-found-in-queens/

Regarding the man found in April: all I can tell you about the area is that after the investigators finished with their search in April, the lot was boarded up again, and 43rd Avenue returned to its state of neglect and status as a general neighborhood dumping ground. Looking through the cracks in the fence around the lot, I see weeds that are about 3 feet high, and garbage galore. So who knows what is in there? **I thought that the dumping incidents in February and March (that is, when it looked like a landlord had thrown out the entire contents of someone's house, excluding furniture and clothing) might have been significant, but since March similar incidents of excessive dumping of people's personal belongings have occurred pretty frequently. Apparently 43rd Avenue has a reputation among landlords and also local businesses and contractors as a place to discard huge quantities of commercial and household trash. We who live nearby call 311 regularly to request pick-up of the dumping.

For those who live in the area: the 110th precinct (which is investigating the April murder) has a community meeting the second Thursday of every month; they are meeting this Thursday, in Corona. Details pasted below. I was going to stop by and see if I could talk to someone about the 43rd Avenue case. Since they just released this sketch, I would think that the case is pretty high priority.

"The 110th Community Council meetings will be held every 2nd Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM at Flander's VFW Hall 51-11 108th Street, Corona. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Community Affairs Office at 718-476-9310."
thank you for the article jegra it's so vague does not even mention if it's. Male of female .

59b97f35-0b77-4eeb-be97-86e0faa72b36_zpse1aade2f.jpg

NYPD trying to ID dismembered body

NamUs says white or Hispanic: Unidentified Person Case

NCMC1263603c1.jpg

Missing Since: Sep 18, 2013
Missing From: Camden, NJ
DOB: Apr 9, 1997
Age (at time of disappearance): 16
Age (as of 9/6/2017): 20
Sex: Male
Race: Hispanic
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 150 lbs
Herber Robles Villeda- New Jersey- 2013 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for John Walsh-hosted fugitive TV shows)

Read more: Herber Robles Villeda- New Jersey- 2013 | America's Most Wanted Fans (an unofficial fan page for John Walsh-hosted fugitive TV shows)

Okay, I found a rather weird coincidence while checking for updates. Apparently a garbage bag with a skull, a fetus (possibly not human) in a jar, and some other stuff was found in front of a woman's house in East Elmhurst just about exactly a year before (article was Thursday, April 25, 2013). That appears to be about a ten-minute drive from where this year's bags were found, but not near the LIRR.

The frightening findings, which appeared to be the result of a bizarre religious ceremony, were taken to the city’s medical examiner for further analysis.

Read more: Human skull, fetus in a jar found on a Queens street; Possible religious links investigated - NY Daily News

The Gothamist didn't mention anything about weird religious aspects:

Fetus, Human Skull, And A Few Bucks Found In A Bag In Queens

I didn't find any followup on either incident.
a garbage bag with a skull and a fetus (possibly not human) in a jar.. OmG How did I ever miss this? I wonder if they ever identified the skull and what the fetus was?

a garbage bag with a skull and a fetus (possibly not human) in a jar.. OmG How did I ever miss this? I wonder if they ever identified the skull and what the fetus was?

I seem to recall it turned out to be a medical specimen, but I can't find anything about it now so I might be remembering a different case.

There was a guy, Michael Steven Hawkins who was wanted and went missing October 21, 2013. He had ties to NYC. He is listed as white, but for some reason he reminded me of Post Malone, who was also from NY, and has native ancestry. A mix between Asian/Native and Caucasian seems likely. I wonder how easy it is for a ME to mistake Hispanic and Native ancestry? A photo of him with mouth open would be an easy ruleout, but there doesnt seem to be any, even though there are multiple photos. The condition of the teeth could be a reason for that? I wonder if he has DNA on file.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This may be the same person whose remains have now been identified.

Remains found confirmed to belong to wanted criminal

"NISKAYUNA, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Human remains believed to be tied to a decade-old criminal case have been identified. Police said they discovered the body of Michael Hawkins in Niskayuna.

Police said Hawkins raped a woman in Schenectady County in 2013 and was suspected in another rape from 2012. He hadn’t been seen since until a person walking along a trail near Rudd Street found a human skull"

There was a guy, Michael Steven Hawkins who was wanted and went missing October 21, 2013. He had ties to NYC. He is listed as white, but for some reason he reminded me of Post Malone, who was also from NY, and has native ancestry

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back