NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he known to carry his cash in his wallet, or carry his cash separately in a different pocket, etc?

In other words, by leaving his wallet home, would that have had all of his cash in it, or would he have had cash in a separate place on him?

I only ask because how would he have bought a ticket for the train if he had no cash on him?

I wonder if any witnesses have contacted police about witnessing who parked the car in the Deer Park train station. This case is reminding me of a case in Florida, where a woman who went missing had her car parked by a man whose grainy image was caught on a security camera. I don't think they ever solved that case either.......

The news media and police should publish pictures of the car, and see if anyone witnessed a road rage incident or anything else involving the car.
I've been watching this case and not seen the car ID'd other than Pontiac- seeing an actual picture of it might spark someone's memory.

I did a quick record search and didn't find anything MAJOR that would be of any sort of explanation both civilly and criminally.

So, leaves me with him leaving (however, his wife is pretty positive in her postings that he would never leave the family) OR foul play on a lunch break or something.

Just hard to think about crime as his car was found and so far, doesn't sound like a crime scene. I believe his wife posted that they are processing the car and going over the cell records (company phone.)

I feel so sad for his children.

After reading a couple days here, media reports and the FB page - I'm trying to parse out the known information seeking possibilities. WS seems a better choice for "thinking outloud" than the FB page - in respect for family.

First, is Robert missing due to (A.) a decision he made, Or (B) medically related crisis, OR (c) foul play?
A). Was he dealing with an issue his family/friends are unaware of (health, financial, a relationship, legal or something else that caused him to decide to leave on his own? I've read the reports that all was fine at home and that he would never leave them like this. But as we know from past cases.... it can and does happen. Seems the best way to determine if this reason is at play is to delve into his phone, computer and financial records. Go through his paperwork, any locked drawers, closets, etc.
B). Could he have had a medical crisis (physical or emotional) and be at some facility? He reportedly had no ID with him and he may not be able to tell them who he is. It seems that if this occurred while he was with his car, any responders would have determined his identity from vehicle records.
C). Foul play is the reason he is missing. Based on reports from family that it is so very out of character for him to take off, this seems like a significant possibility. If ex., a stranger jacking the car, seems they would have kept the vehicle for a period of time or taken it to a seedy chop shop. Or if Robert was forced to drive, there would have been some scene at the train station where car was left. In addition, they would probably have occurred on his way home, since his car was left relatively close to home and not in the city.

I am leaning toward A or C. Any comments or feedback is welcome. Prayers he will be located soon and for his family.

I would search the Edgewood Oak Brush Plains Reserve. Seems like a walk from the train station. Any way to send LE tips? TIA

I would search the Edgewood Oak Brush Plains Reserve. Seems like a walk from the train station. Any way to send LE tips? TIA

The case is being handled by Suffolk county police second squad 631-854-8252 according to the missing person flyers.

It looks like a return trip via the train would require him to change trains to get to deer park. If he was not accustomed to taking the train he may have missed his transfer and not realized it until he arrived at the Huntington station.

Does this case remind anyone of Robert Hourihan from VA?

It looks like a return trip via the train would require him to change trains to get to deer park. If he was not accustomed to taking the train he may have missed his transfer and not realized it until he arrived at the Huntington station.
It's possible that he took the wrong train and landed in Huntington Station, but i'm pretty sure that his cell phone pinged on/near Rt.110 in Melville.
Melville is a haul from the Huntington Train Station. He'd have to take a bus to get to Melville, and why would he do that? There's no train station there.

And how was he traveling with no wallet?

The wallet left at home is bugging me.

Seems like there are conflicting reports about the time and location of the phones last ping. Some are saying Rt. 110 in Huntington. Which is why I thought that maybe he missed switching trains that would lead him back his car. I agree about the wallet, why leave it home? Unless he was running late and couldn't find it and decided not to drive into Brooklyn without his license. I wonder if he usually partnered up with someone that drove a company truck once he arrived in Brooklyn.

is the cell phone missing to? or was it found in the car?

I have accidently left my wallet at home before, but there just seems like something weird about that in this case.....maybe his life was just too much and he walked away.

One reason that I don't think that he just ran away from his life is because the car was left behind.

Not only is said that he loves his car, but he would need transportation to get where he was going and would still need a vehicle wherever he ended up.

I'm not sure what happened but I am not thinking at this point that this was his plan.

Anyways, on a random, strange, and creepy O/T - Rob is an electrican - there is another thread on here - Teresa Lentz who is missing and her husband is an electrician.

Surely, there can't be a connection as they are states away.....right? Just got me thinking ..overly so as always.

One reason that I don't think that he just ran away from his life is because the car was left behind.

Not only is said that he loves his car, but he would need transportation to get where he was going and would still need a vehicle wherever he ended up.

I'm not sure what happened but I am not thinking at this point that this was his plan.

If he left voluntarily (and I'm not saying he did), he might not need a car if his destination is New York City. In fact, most people who live in that city don't have a car.

I'm troubled that he just happened to have left his wallet behind- and something about the car being found at a train station. I'm not convinced he didn't walk away, I guess.

If he left voluntarily (and I'm not saying he did), he might not need a car if his destination is New York City. In fact, most people who live in that city don't have a car.

I'm troubled that he just happened to have left his wallet behind- and something about the car being found at a train station. I'm not convinced he didn't walk away, I guess.

You're right if the destination was NYC - I have never been but I do know you don't need a car!

I wonder why the wallet was in the garage to begin with. I wonder if he parked his car in the garage. Could be possible to set it down and forget it, otherwise makes no sense to me.

Strange case!
No mention of checking surveillance cams. Should be some around train stations -no?

I wonder why the wallet was in the garage to begin with. I wonder if he parked his car in the garage. Could be possible to set it down and forget it, otherwise makes no sense to me.

Good question. Was that a normal place for it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last seen by a co-worker at 12:30PM. Wonder if that's lunch time and where he was then?

Cell phone went dead at 2:45PM.

Date of birth for the missing man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members