NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the one thing on my mind today, is that on the theory that he was planning to leave his wife, why go to work that day, and even work the full day? If you're walking away from your life, you are not going to ever get paid for working that day (or even that week for that matter), since paychecks have a lag time of a week or two.....so my feeling is, if he was planning to leave his wife, why work that day for no $$ gain, and then drive all the way back home to leave the home at 2:45pm when you'd have less lead time to make your getaway. It doesn't make sense.

What would make more sense would be to "pretend" to go to work that morning (IM would not have seen him leaving with a packed duffle bag, etc)- and then speak to her later on that day on the cell phone, stating that he was at work, etc- he could have even called in sick to his employer so they would not be calling the house looking for him- IM wouldn't have realized anything was amiss for many hours- that would have given him 8 hours lead time to get away to wherever he was going. I just don't get the planning to leave aspect, and coming back home after a day of what would be unpaid work- he'd never see the paycheck for that and it puts him in his home town right at the time he's expected home (okay maybe a few minutes early)- too risky for a planned getaway.... just my opinion of course.

I still have no theories on what happened, this is just what's rolling around in my brain today.

I had a question about how it was established RM was at scrap yard, then I realized towards the end of June, a co-worker suggested it?

Has it been confirmed? Cameras not working, was his car seen? Receipt?
Eyewitness?

I guess the one thing on my mind today, is that on the theory that he was planning to leave his wife, why go to work that day, and even work the full day? If you're walking away from your life, you are not going to ever get paid for working that day (or even that week for that matter), since paychecks have a lag time of a week or two.....so my feeling is, if he was planning to leave his wife, why work that day for no $$ gain, and then drive all the way back home to leave the home at 2:45pm when you'd have less lead time to make your getaway. It doesn't make sense.

What would make more sense would be to "pretend" to go to work that morning (IM would not have seen him leaving with a packed duffle bag, etc)- and then speak to her later on that day on the cell phone, stating that he was at work, etc- he could have even called in sick to his employer so they would not be calling the house looking for him- IM wouldn't have realized anything was amiss for many hours- that would have given him 8 hours lead time to get away to wherever he was going. I just don't get the planning to leave aspect, and coming back home after a day of what would be unpaid work- he'd never see the paycheck for that and it puts him in his home town right at the time he's expected home (okay maybe a few minutes early)- too risky for a planned getaway.... just my opinion of course.

I still have no theories on what happened, this is just what's rolling around in my brain today.

Good points. Unfortunately, I suspect foul play. :twocents:

Good points. Unfortunately, I suspect foul play. :twocents:

I do too. Even not knowing anything about him other than what we have been told, his running off does not make sense to me. The way it was done, timing, etc.

Re going to work, maybe he wanted to tie up some lose ends, say a sort of goodbye to some coworkers, maybe pick up some personal belongings at the job site. I'm just convinced now he left of his own accord. Maybe it was a spur of the moment decision? The least layed plans. Isn't that a saying???

Hmmmm. The saying is "the best placed plans of mice and men go awry".

I was close. LOL.

If he wanted to disappear and made a decision on the best plan, choosing to leave in the afternoon after work, for example, then the smartest thing to do would be to go to work as usual on his last day.

If he disappeared on his own, I wondered why he wouldn't use his car. Hmmm, gas stations have cameras, and his "stand out" car would need gas. Plus many routes have tolls with a lot of cameras.

I am still on this semi-permanent feeling fence as to whether Robert left on his own to start a new life (and to escape his current life? o)r met with foul play.

:fence:

I wonder if Father's Day being that weekend is a factor. It might be, if he was doing something "wrong" and did not feel he deserved to have a Father's Day with his kids.

Could he have been confronted by someone he completely trusted in the garage? Comes home from work, garage door opens via remote, pulls in, door closes, sees someone he trusts, never suspects a thing, BOOM. Trusted someone disables cell phone, empties his pockets (for whatever reason). Garage door opens, car pulls out with him in it (different driver, seat moved), he gets ditched somewhere along the way (miles of forested Edgewood Preserve), car gets abandoned at train station by someone who knows his spot, trusted someone uses bike as transportation from the train station, ditches it somewhere in the MILES of forested preserve area near the home. The bike is actually used as the "getaway" vehicle. Does anyone think this or any variation there of makes any sense? Or do I need to stop watching "Law and Order"?

The following seems so off the wall but after having read about the drug problem in the area I wondered if it was at all possible that Robert wanted to get clean so e arrangements under the new ID(that some suggested he may have and then checked himself into a rehab facility;
I know nothing about addictions but I would think it possible for him to plan all this to prevent his children from hearing about his addiction. (if he had one) He would have had to really thought out which would be worse - to leave and get well and then come home or to just disappear until he got well. ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY........
Maybe that was the reason for that search at the medical facility........MOO

I'd be interested to know if the house and garage were searched as well as the family's computers.

The following seems so off the wall but after having read about the drug problem in the area I wondered if it was at all possible that Robert wanted to get clean so e arrangements under the new ID(that some suggested he may have and then checked himself into a rehab facility;
I know nothing about addictions but I would think it possible for him to plan all this to prevent his children from hearing about his addiction. (if he had one) He would have had to really thought out which would be worse - to leave and get well and then come home or to just disappear until he got well. ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY........
Maybe that was the reason for that search at the medical facility........MOO

Interesting thought. One can only hope that this is what he did and that he will turn up soon, safe and sound. But as you too point out it is quite unlikely, I'm sure he would have at least told his wife about it. Still, good thought!

Could he have been confronted by someone he completely trusted in the garage? Comes home from work, garage door opens via remote, pulls in, door closes, sees someone he trusts, never suspects a thing, BOOM. Trusted someone disables cell phone, empties his pockets (for whatever reason). Garage door opens, car pulls out with him in it (different driver, seat moved), he gets ditched somewhere along the way (miles of forested Edgewood Preserve), car gets abandoned at train station by someone who knows his spot, trusted someone uses bike as transportation from the train station, ditches it somewhere in the MILES of forested preserve area near the home. The bike is actually used as the "getaway" vehicle. Does anyone think this or any variation there of makes any sense? Or do I need to stop watching "Law and Order"?

Good theory, except I don't think the bike fits in that car.

I'm having trouble understanding why IM has not, ever, mentioned the possibility that he went home at 2:40 PM on the 14th.

I'm also having trouble understanding why RM would go home and risk running into his family if he did indeed leave on his own.

I'm having trouble understanding why IM has not, ever, mentioned the possibility that he went home at 2:40 PM on the 14th.

I'm also having trouble understanding why RM would go home and risk running into his family if he did indeed leave on his own.

BBM I can't put that together in my head - if this was planned, why go home? Leads me to believe he ran back out, for whatever reason - get something at the store maybe - and ran into foul play. But nobody has reported seeing anything and I'd think a 200lb 6'1" man would put up a fight. :maddening:

BBM I can't put that together in my head - if this was planned, why go home? Leads me to believe he ran back out, for whatever reason - get something at the store maybe - and ran into foul play. But nobody has reported seeing anything and I'd think a 200lb 6'1" man would put up a fight. :maddening:

Agree. If he left on his own I feel like it wasn't a grand plan and something triggered him to leave the house. I would think a phone call, a text, an email. Makes me think he would have had to have had a second phone.

I don't want to be but I am leaning towards foul play.

My theory is RM met with foul play, I have my suspects based on what little info we have.

Most is rumor and hearsay.
There is too much conflicting info with little to back it up.
Are we to go with MSM or rumors.

It's been reported by MSM that police found the car, do I go with that?
I firmly believe the bike would not fit in his car, so without more confirmation about his biking habits, it's a non issue for me.

I still don't know when and where his wallet was found and if anything was removed, nothing has been confirmed IMO.

The neighbor's video needs more confirmation, otherwise hearsay to me.

:moo:

Completely agree. I still don't believe he ever made it home. And if he did, the first thing I would think sounds a lot like Clemenza's post above about the trusted individual harming him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal