NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he do a drive by, saw IM was not home (per NCNY) (no car in driveway???) and ran in quick to grab something, change????

The amount of coincidences in this case is mind boggling. All this happens on June 14, the day he disappears---

1.Leaves his wallet at home, has no ID

2.He's running late for work that morning

3.Leaves work early

4.No camera footage at the scrap metal yard, cameras out of service

5.According to NCNY--IM "just misses" him at 3pm at the house (assuming he came home at 2:45)

6.Phone somehow goes dead at approx 2:45pm when he supposedly got to (or leaves) the house

7. According to NCNY He just so happens to find the exact spot he always did at the train station from when he worked in the city years ago. (again strangely this is never mentioned anywhere)

The train station--according to IM, a place he "never went to, never traveled in, or hated going to", and had no use for, doesnt associate with anyone in that area

I am sure there are a lot more to add to this list.

IDK if he took the train after he left home at 250pm because of the train schedule. The westbound train arrives at 3:28pm. So he would have to hang out there until the train arrives for at least a half hour. The eastbound train arrives at Deer Park at 3:21. There would have been a lot of people there picking up love ones so he could not get that parking spot at that time imo. People picking up their love ones just line up blocking spaces, plus the buses are there to take passengers to Tanger Outlet.

I'm just throwing this idea out to you. Even if he got a good parking spot people who have noticed his car parked there probably running because of the heat.

The amount of coincidences in this case is mind boggling. All this happens on June 14, the day he disappears---

3.Leaves work early

5.According to NCNY--IM "just misses" him at 3pm at the house (assuming he came home at 2:45)

6.Phone somehow goes dead at approx 2:45pm when he supposedly got to (or leaves) the house

7. According to NCNY He just so happens to find the exact spot he always did at the train station from when he worked in the city years ago. (again strangely this is never mentioned anywhere)

The train station--according to IM, a place he "never went to, never traveled in, or hated going to", and had no use for, doesnt associate with anyone in that area

8. He forgets his wallet a second time when leaving home at 2:50.

3.Leaves work early

Does he have a bike or not? Has one been CONFIRMED missing? Sorry if I missed this.

Did he do a drive by, saw IM was not home (per NCNY) (no car in driveway???) and ran in quick to grab something, change????

NCNY states the only reason the camera footage picked him up is because RM always went down that block and the neighbor decided to check the footage.
So here's another question, does the footage show his car COMING and GOING?

3.Leaves work early

BBM Do we even know that he was running late that morning? IIRC, IM said he may have been running late and that could be why he forgot his wallet. If my husband left for work at 4:30am I wouldn't know if he walked out the door wearing a pink tutu.

Too many coincidences that day for my liking.

IDK if he took the train after he left home at 250pm because of the train schedule. The westbound train arrives at 3:28pm. So he would have to hang out there until the train arrives for at least a half hour. The eastbound train arrives at Deer Park at 3:21. There would have been a lot of people there picking up love ones so he could not get that parking spot at that time imo. People picking up their love ones just line up blocking spaces, plus the buses are there to take passengers to Tanger Outlet.

I'm just throwing this idea out to you. Even if he got a good parking spot people who have noticed his car parked there probably running because of the heat.

Thanks Trigger, just thought of something from your post. Sorry if I'm not making sense here but my mind is racing. So Jerry is right, a lot of convenient coincidences! However, do we know what time exactly Ida arrived home? Was it 3:00PM? Also, we don't know when the car was put at the train station. He could have gone into the garage and had a large stash of cash and went to Tanger Outlet. I'm sure there are plenty of security cameras there. Just thinking of what is close by the train to kill some time. Also, Ida said he would never take the train. This might be based on his past experience and he may have said he hated it so much he would never do it again especially with his GTO. We don't know when he stopped taking the train, I mean what year he stopped was it around the time he got the GTO?

NCNY states the only reason the camera footage picked him up is because RM always went down that block and the neighbor decided to check the footage.
So here's another question, does the footage show his car COMING and GOING?

NCNY said it shows both, coming and leaving.

NCNY can you please give us an idea of what route RM usually took home from work?

I'm asking because from Commack Rd, coming from the south, I would think Pine Hill would be the more direct route home. Coming from the north, I would think Lauren Ave S would be a more direct route. Both of these routes would not overlap.

If he took Lauren Ave S on his way home from the scrap yard, then we know he came from the North, which would imply a Sagtikos>LIE route.

Thanks everyone for useful & thought provoking posts this morning.
I understand and agree with frustration over both the unclear/changing details and their confirmations. Jerry516, I am a details-person too and when there are inconsistencies ... it drives me nuts to get it accurate. In our desire to help figure things out, clear & confirmed details goes a long way in helping reduce speculations.
There are are huge number of coincidences for June 14th and when listed, seem to tell us something. At the same time, it is possible that #s 1-6 could have just happened - whether or not RM went missing that day or not. I hold #7 out of that thought because I am not confirmed that it was in fact RM that parked at the station at this point.
Maybe timing on some of these findings/reports was slow getting out; or maybe like most investigations, things are fluid as details come to light and not clearly updated. This may all be sorted out one day; or we may never know what happened.

I agree with you Toto2 the part bolded (BBM) below. An investigation has to get to this in order to try and figure it out.

So assuming that the timeline on NAMUS is incorrect regarding AM/PM let's just say its PM and the car left the house at 2:45 PM when Ida was not home as per NCNY. So then we are missing where RM went from 6/14 3:00 PM to 6/15 5:00 PM time of cars discovery as per NCNY.

I hope NCNY will be successful in getting additional information (hopefully visual) from the LIRR system. I think that may be the best hope to get to what happened to RM.

BBM Do we even know that he was running late that morning? IIRC, IM said he may have been running late and that could be why he forgot his wallet. If my husband left for work at 4:30am I wouldn't know if he walked out the door wearing a pink tutu.

Too many coincidences that day for my liking.

:floorlaugh: pink tutu.

I've seen it posted but haven't been able to verify these 2 pieces of info. Are they rumors?

- IM and RM had a 45 minute phone conversation at 9 AM on June 14
- IM booked trip to Italy the night of June 13th

Anyone?

NCNY said it shows both, coming and leaving.

Hmmm... so then the question is - what was his usual route to the train station?

Assuming his car is seen coming and going from Lauren Ave S, if he didn't normally take the train using the Sagtikos, he didn't go straight there.

Hmmm... so then the question is - what was his usual route to the train station?

Assuming his car is seen coming and going from Lauren Ave S, if he didn't normally take the train using the Sagtikos, he didn't go straight there.

I think it would be VERY helpful in NCNY can tell us which block the neighbor's camera is on.

I've seen it posted but haven't been able to verify these 2 pieces of info. Are they rumors?

Anyone?

I have not seen confirmation of either one...I consider them rumors.

Anyone?

Saw IM on news video saying they talked about planning the trip the day he disappeared.

It was exactly two weeks ago Friday that Ida Mayer spoke to her husband about planning a trip to Italy and their upcoming Father's Day plans.

That was the last time they spoke before he went missing from their Dix Hills home June 14.

http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/gr...-search-parties-to-find-missing-dix-hills-man

I read about the 45 minutes but I cannot confirm where I read that also the trip.

I drove past the Mayer home today. I do not believe an altercation/confrontation could have taken place either on the driveway or in the garage while the garage door was open. The home is not set back far enough from the street for any potential perp to take that kind of risk of being seen. If he was confronted/abducted from the garage I believe what ever happened most likely took place with the door closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark