NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not feeling the bike trails. They're not accessible by train.

On the premise of his leaving voluntarily - I'm thinking of the possibility that he had another car at the station with clothes and what ever he needed in that car.

Or, if he had a girlfriend or left with someone, they could have picked him up in the parking lot.

Leaving the car at the hated train station wouldn't fit in this scenario, IMO. His beloved car could have been left at many other places.

I wonder if it would be a good idea or a feasible idea for the family to hire a private investigator who specializes in finding missing persons.

Leaving the car at the hated train station wouldn't fit in this scenario, IMO. His beloved car could have been left at many other places.

But, it was in a place where it was easily and quickly found. Which may be why it had been left there.

If I planned to disappear, taking with me my red, loud, GTO would not work to keep me on the dl. Once I resigned I must leave it, I would not have as big a problem leaving it at the train station as I might have had in the past. That is just my thinking. I don't know if Robert left on his own or it was involuntary.

If I planned to disappear, taking with me my red, loud, GTO would not work to keep me on the dl. Once I resigned I must leave it, I would not have as big a problem leaving it at the train station as I might have had in the past. That is just my thinking. I don't know if Robert left on his own or it was involuntary.

Agreed, if he resigned himself to the fact of leaving it, he would have simply left it in the driveway or garage, where ever he normally kept it. At least he could have left knowing his beloved car was safe and taken care of.

The only thing I can think of, assuming he did drive the car voluntarily to disappear, is serious marital issues; RM had had enough and needed to walk away. He drives the car to the station, parks it, possibly leaves with a GF, and vanishes.

Perhaps he really loved the car, but knew he couldn’t take it with him or he would be found. So he left it right up front near the ticket booth, one of the most visible spots. Under this theory, he obviously wanted the car to be found and not harmed. He wasn’t trying to “stage” something, or he would have ditched the car in a wooded area or some other place. It could also be that he really didn’t care anymore, he just wanted OUT!

Was he just in a rush to get the ticket(s) with the GF and leave? If he really loved the car, leaving it behind would have been difficult. Parking right up front could have also been some sort of sign to his wife that he was “officially done, and moving on”

I can definitely see martial issues, but to leave your two children behind and start a new life, there must have been some serious DURESS on his part. Not judging, just brainstorming. I feel for the family!

FWIW---I do not truly believe any of this, I am just throwing something out there----I am seriously believing foul play, of the worse kind!

I'm still on the fence because there just isn't enough to point me straight in any direction. My hope is for him to be found safe, and my thoughts and prayers are for Robert, Ida, and their children

If the wallet was left the last time he was home, in the afternoon, that does not seem as much like a mistake done in a rush, as the original theory of leaving it there being late for work. Though I never understood it being in the garage, unless he wanted to make a point that he left it on purpose, but that does not make sense either. Did he not put it into a pocket normally? Or was his habit to leave it inside his locked car while at work?

OK TY. Just wondering if she found his sneakers. Maybe he had his sneakers, shorts etc in his car.

So I guess we can forget him taking the train to any bike trails.

trigger, re: BBM: I'm not feeling a trip to the bike trails and something bad happened.

If this was an "average Friday" and he was running home to grab his bike and go off for awhile - would he have normally left a quick note (ex. "Gone riding. Back by 7) ? Also, if a Friday ride was a norm for RM, seems IM would have noticed his bike missing right away when he failed to come home Friday night. Just MOO
I'm not saying that he did not take the bike or that he did not take train w/bike; just do not think it was a general riding trip that went wrong.

Taking this all with a grain of salt. The said existence of the tape is second hand info. Until it is turned into and reviewed by LE, it's all just rumors and speculation.

The CUE info also says that RM "never takes the train" which we now know is not true.

again, everyone... Ida says "he never takes the train" and she is NOT lying... i used to work at a bar in the city, i used to take the 6 train everyday for 5 years and that was 5 years ago... i now work in the city but take the N train to work, if i went missing and my wife told the mdeia that "he never takes the 6 train to work" does that make her a liar? this is why i hate the media and how someone saying something can be over analyzed... its hard,

btw everyone i just got on and will be catching up to everything... gimme like 20-30 min ok

NCNY does he have any hobbies? Does he belong to a gym? Also there is a big Air Soft Arena called Strike Force in Deer Park. Its right by the train station. My SIL and his friends go there, the place is packed with grown men shooting paint balls at one another. Maybe he picked up or met a friend at the train station? (well now I feel that is a stupid idea) His friend would have come forward by now. :banghead:

no recent hobbie i know of... his kid is big into music and their schedule didnt really free up much hobby time... but thats my guess, i cannot say for sure if he had recent hobbies... i remember him always being active tho, especially outdoor stuff, he always said how we didnt know what grass was in queens and would never live anywhere without it! lol, we would always throw jabs at each other about who has it worst, him for living in long island where theres not a good bakery with a loaf of italian bread and the only pizzerias worth going are umbertos and rosa's or us city folk where nobody knows how to work a lawnmover and enjoy the pool... I would really like to make fun of his long island heritage AT LEAST one more time... it would be nice if it were sooner rather than later too

NCNY, if it is an established fact that Robert's gto was last known or believed to have been seen/videoed leaving his driveway have you heard if LE forensically examined the home, including the garage? If not, have you heard why not? If it has been forensically examined, have you heard how much time passed between the time of Robert's disappearance and a forensics search of the home?

And, do you know if Ida was reportedly home at about the time Robert was to have been home? The only way it would sense s if Ida was not home around the time Robert was allegedly at the home around 2:45 pm. Otherwise they would have run into each other, right?

Ida was at her parents house at that time and i believe just missed him, her parents house is in the same neighborhood

If he was leaving his life, car included, it fits. I'd think he loves his wife and kids more than his car - if he was willing to leave them, the car isn't even a consideration.

NCNY, can you elaborate on the "guy" you said RM was texting and why this was an issue for IM? Of all that's been said, that detail is sticking out at me.

unfortunately i cant, but as far as i know LE went that route and i am not sure if there is anything ongoing with it...

someone had mentioned before about certain info, i am here to def try my best at giving u the straight answers, and i will not be offended by ANY questions thrown at me but if in the course of this case certain questions arise that although are answerable by me, i cannot due to whatever the circumstances may be, i will gently pass it over... please understand that i am a true believer of full exosure and that by admitting ones faults only makes them stronger and more respected in the public eye, but this also isnt some political scandal or sports player that is camiliar with the public eye and mouth... just regular people who all have pasts, and who all dont know how to react when 50 people knock at your door... I think Ida has done a superb job as of right now as there is no such manner that i feel is acceptable in a situation like this... i dont think anyone wants to admit their love left them, or was killed and these are the roads this case is leading to... hell i have a hard time admitting im a Mets fan nowadays and thats just because they cant win!

unfortunately i cant, but as far as i know LE went that route and i am not sure if there is anything ongoing with it...

someone had mentioned before about certain info, i am here to def try my best at giving u the straight answers, and i will not be offended by ANY questions thrown at me but if in the course of this case certain questions arise that although are answerable by me, i cannot due to whatever the circumstances may be, i will gently pass it over... please understand that i am a true believer of full exosure and that by admitting ones faults only makes them stronger and more respected in the public eye, but this also isnt some political scandal or sports player that is camiliar with the public eye and mouth... just regular people who all have pasts, and who all dont know how to react when 50 people knock at your door... I think Ida has done a superb job as of right now as there is no such manner that i feel is acceptable in a situation like this... i dont think anyone wants to admit their love left them, or was killed and these are the roads this case is leading to... hell i have a hard time admitting im a Mets fan nowadays and thats just because they cant win!

Mets fan too...:blushing:

NCNY has cleared up a lot of misunderstandings, thank you for that!

Focussing on Rob - he went to work, he visited a scrap yard afterwards, came home, put some cash and possibly the wallet in the garage (purposely? absentmindedly?), [/B]

no, Rob's wallet was never with him that day... Rob apparently left money in the garage, i cannot say for sure where and i can without doubt say that the money found in the garage is not relevant to the transaction from the scrap place... until i can find more about that, or if anything new pops up the money in the garage has no connection to him being missing... Imagine coming home, pullin into your driveway and the garage door opens, u go inside and empty your pockets for something on the counter in the garage and running back out to your car because you forgot something... it was more something like that, of course he could have done whatever in those 10 minutes, but again, there is no way we know what he did in those ten or so minutes...

Jerry, I think u mentioned the possibility that someone was at his home and had a gun waiting for him... even if that were true, i just cant see real life playing out like a movie scene where a guy with a gun hides it in his jacket pocket and tells a hostage to get in the car and drive me somewhere... i think anyone, unless we are speaking of a frightened young person would NEVER agree to those terms of being driven with a guy holding a gun to you, i mean this would mean kidnapping situation, and there is no randsom or any evidence pointing to it... and no hitman would do it either, they would have shot him dead as soon as the garage opened up and he walked in and closed the garage door on the way out with his body inside for his family to find, and that would have been easily attainable since he had a very constant schedule...

also, we need to remind ourselves of this... Just because we know robs car left the house at around 245pm, we cant assume the vehicle went directly to the train station... it could have gone anywhere and not not been left at the station until the next day for all we know... i feel this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM with this case, if we had more information on the whereabouts of Rob between the hours of 3:00pm friday - 4pm Saturday this would have been a closed case by now... i still dont get how LE cannot find ways of finding Robs car on ANY DAMN CAMERAS during this time... they say we are captured over 30 times every few minutes each day by public cameras and we know there arent that many places he could have travelled in that time frame seeing that his car was found abandoned the next day at i forgot what time... it pisses me off because although its not my profession i wish i had the access LE had for some stuff as i would do a better job ;)

but srsly, think about it, 3pm-3pm is 24hrs of unanswered nobody knows a damn thing about anything! ITS BS, im 100% sure that if you go through major streets cameras and video u will be able to spot Robs car out driving in LI somewhere, start with the closest major intersections and move out, the bottom line is the distance he could have travelled isnt that big... and he probably got gas! where are the investigators looking?!?!?!?!?!

the ONLY way Rob's car dropped off the face of the earth for that time is that he was a spy prodigy comparable to Jason Bourne who knew the EXACT roads to drive at the EXACT moments not to get caught on camera! CMON!

There would be no reason for anyone on Long Island to take a train to a bike trail. Driving would be the preferred method. Even if he were going out to shelter island, given his love of cars I would think he would prefer to drive over taking the train. JMO.

I do believe the time the wallet was found is relevant if he had it on him all day and took it out of his pocket in the garage. what was the reason?

http://www.mta.info/lirr/about/Bicycles/

Am behind but he are the policies for bikes on the LIRR. You need a permit to bring a bike with you. DId he have one?

Do his work records show him late? Also what did he sell at scrapyards?

he communicates with his boss on the phone, not a punch-in/punch-out job site... nothing out of the ordinary with his morning...

i really dont know what he sold at the scrap place, didnt ask for the details... probably copper, educated guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57