NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

You have me thinking Matthew Tyler of something....Ida has said that Rob is dead for a while now, I wonder if she considered consulting a psychic ? LI Medium is someone she could contact

You have me thinking Matthew Tyler of something....Ida has said that Rob is dead for a while now, I wonder if she considered consulting a psychic ? LI Medium is someone she could contact
I cannot and will not speak for others on the topic of psychics, however I personally feel that they are not the way to go. Too many people out there will take advantage of a grieving family desperate for answers. I don't think there's a successful track records of pyschics solving cases like this.

And when it hit WS boy did it hit WS !!!! No searches or posters out.......my contact at the Union Hall stated that the Missing poster was still up. Ida did a talk about Rob's disappearance in 2019 and she has stated that he is dead/believes he is dead.

So is it safe to assume that the skeletal remains found were not Robert's? Never heard any follow up on that. I'm not part of the FB group so I don't know if his wife mentioned anything about it.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

robert_mayer.png

Robert Mayer disappeared on June 14, 2013, from Dix Hills, New York. Robert, then 46, left for his job as a local electrician in the early morning hours and has not been seen since. Mayer's wife recalled her last conversation with her husband was on the phone around 9 a.m. that day, when they discussed Father's Day plans. His car, a 2004 red Pontiac GTO, was discovered the following night at a nearby train station. Authorities call the search for Robert Mayer an open and active investigation, but few clues have been found in the case. If you have any information regarding Robert’s case, please call the Suffolk County Police at (631) 854-8252.

Ida has said and commented many things thru the years but nothing made it here to WS. IIRC she had supporters and/or family that came to WS. I saw her speak at a firehouse (iirc) and it had been filmed. The strangest thing about this is that no one is looking for him. There are no searches or missing posters anywhere. There was one in the Union Hall in Queens and it may still be there.

I wonder what protocol is now ? Do I advise a mod ?

I am thinking back over all the threads. How crazy did it get ?!?!

Yes...maybe the thread should move to well maybe not Found ...but No longer missing ? Has this happened before ? I dont think she came to WS but that it was maybe Rob's family and friends and public interest that kept his name out there.

Ida has said and commented many things thru the years but nothing made it here to WS. IIRC she had supporters and/or family that came to WS. I saw her speak at a firehouse (iirc) and it had been filmed. The strangest thing about this is that no one is looking for him. There are no searches or missing posters anywhere. There was one in the Union Hall in Queens and it may still be there.
Look where? They scoured everywhere in Dix Hills and surrounding communities and nothing was found. It’s likely he got on the train where his car was parked, or someone parked it there to look like he did. In either scenario, he could be anywhere on Long Island or the whole state of NY for that matter.

Yes...maybe the thread should move to well maybe not Found ...but No longer missing ? Has this happened before ? I dont think she came to WS but that it was maybe Rob's family and friends and public interest that kept his name out there.
Did she have Rob declared dead? What’s it been…9 years? With this guy’s issues (oxycontin addiction alleged) and what he left behind, i am pretty sure he is gone, by his own hand. They just haven’t looked in the right place yet.

Did she have Rob declared dead? What’s it been…9 years? With this guy’s issues (oxycontin addiction alleged) and what he left behind, i am pretty sure he is gone, by his own hand. They just haven’t looked in the right place yet.
No I don’t believe officially he’s been declared deceased. Though I think she’s come to that conclusion. She posted fliers at the train station as late as this last June.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back