NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

Just me, but not asking when a wealth of support is available (if for no other reason than for the impression of good manners) and then going to a concert gives the impression of indifference, which is more than a little odd for someone in grief, unless there had been long standing issues. A number of scenarios for this, the drug use issue and possible union connections come to mind. Possible that they are all interrelated. It seems to have been a bit to long for LE to claim that they are still investigating with at least three red flags flying.

Revisiting some things. Jmoose, taking into account all of the family members, who seemed unconcerned and who was vocal and concerned about finding him? Did the union reach out and offer help, or were they waiting to be asked? Who was the search group comprised of?

Revisiting some things. Jmoose, taking into account all of the family members, who seemed unconcerned and who was vocal and concerned about finding him? Did the union reach out and offer help, or were they waiting to be asked? Who was the search group comprised of?

Tracker-I am trying to link an article in the local news from 2014, that talks about “variations” in Ida Mayer’s accounts of Robert’s issues, and pleas from his mother and sister to Ida to tell them what she knows; they believe that she has withheld important information related to his disappearance. I am not skilled enough to do this, but I’m trying. I haven’t found anything yet that speaks to your question about his union offering assistance.

Thanks Jmoose. Can't sleuth family members. All I can say is that it all does not add up. In my opinion, what we need to dig into, we cannot due to WS rules. IM is silent, the union is silent. How curious. Wonder if the union has any ties to other organizations.

Thanks Jmoose. Can't sleuth family members. All I can say is that it all does not add up. In my opinion, what we need to dig into, we cannot due to WS rules. IM is silent, the union is silent. How curious. Wonder if the union has any ties to other organizations.

Right, Tracker-Actually, I’m surprised that the mods haven’t taken my link down. I’m puzzled about the union’s silence, too. It’s possible, likely in fact, that LE have spoken to people in his union, but they’ve made no public statement that I can find.
There are cases here at WS where it seems to be possible that nobody associated with a missing person has any idea why their relative/friend is missing, but I don’t think this case is one of them. Somebody close to this man knows exactly what happened to him-by close, I’m not necessarily saying his wife, though.

Robert's "missing" poster is still up at the union hall. I don't know if Ida asked for help or what was offered to her. There is help for members who have substance issues.
It appears that no one barring his sister and mom are looking for him.

Hi, Hot Cawfeee-are you the member formerly known as “Hot Cawfee” (two ‘e’s)? I assume you live on Long Island...I’m in Westchester, and Robert’s disappearance was news at first, but not now; I guess it will be again if he ever turns up. I don’t recall anybody looking hard for him at the time, besides his mom and sister. I wonder if his wife and co-workers figure either drug o.d. or suicide, and so the push to find him just isn’t there. I think sometimes, if there is drug abuse going on, the immediate family moves from frustration to anger at the person who has the problem, because they have no control of this issue, and cannot help. Maybe his wife had had enough, and that’s why she didn’t appear as concerned as she might. I was also interested in the trip to the scrapyard-I know people do it, but I don’t know anyone who collects scrap metal for money-wonder if this supported his habit?

Hey Friend ! Yes I am....in the flesh and caffeine !!!! it was news on LI for awhile---there were a couple of searches and posters had been up at the LIRR stations. But then nothing--- IIRC Ida did not reach out thru or to Rob's union for help. I asked many questions and not one was answered. For heavens' sake-- everyone has something that makes them stick out-- a way of ordering coffee at a deli or lunch when you are sitting at the bar in a restaurant. I was told that there is nothing about him that sticks out.
A big question came from the thread about using search dogs where his car was found---again no answers were provided. I am unsure whether the dogs scented inside the car or if only the outside was what the dogs were provided. The scrap yard video was interesting---Ida dissected it --- and it was around then I think that the writer from out west did an article on Ida and Rob ---read it if you can --its back on maybe the 4th thread.
Drug abuse came out on another forum.....not sure which ..............the question of drug abuse was asked several time and vehemently denied. No one was asking for salacious details --- it just takes the trail in another direction with another cast of characters---such as where is he getting drugs / Are they from a generous doctor (which happened to Mr HC -- he broke is foot and the doctor gave him a new set of scrips each week. If we were dishonest we would have gotten the scrips filled and made a fortune !) I had asked if Rob had gotten help for drugs thru his union b/c many unions offer help -- I was shut down on that !
Ida's FB page at times reads as though he is dead. What has become of Rob's union monies, the medical coverage for the family of course is unknown.
I think she knows what has happened and is keeping Rob's family in the dark. I feel for his Mom and sister and hope they will fight to open the investigation again. I keep my eyes open and thought maybe I saw him once in quick passing.

Hey Friend ! Yes I am....in the flesh and caffeine !!!! it was news on LI for awhile---there were a couple of searches and posters had been up at the LIRR stations. But then nothing--- IIRC Ida did not reach out thru or to Rob's union for help. I asked many questions and not one was answered. For heavens' sake-- everyone has something that makes them stick out-- a way of ordering coffee at a deli or lunch when you are sitting at the bar in a restaurant. I was told that there is nothing about him that sticks out.
A big question came from the thread about using search dogs where his car was found---again no answers were provided. I am unsure whether the dogs scented inside the car or if only the outside was what the dogs were provided. The scrap yard video was interesting---Ida dissected it --- and it was around then I think that the writer from out west did an article on Ida and Rob ---read it if you can --its back on maybe the 4th thread.
Drug abuse came out on another forum.....not sure which ..............the question of drug abuse was asked several time and vehemently denied. No one was asking for salacious details --- it just takes the trail in another direction with another cast of characters---such as where is he getting drugs / Are they from a generous doctor (which happened to Mr HC -- he broke is foot and the doctor gave him a new set of scrips each week. If we were dishonest we would have gotten the scrips filled and made a fortune !) I had asked if Rob had gotten help for drugs thru his union b/c many unions offer help -- I was shut down on that !
Ida's FB page at times reads as though he is dead. What has become of Rob's union monies, the medical coverage for the family of course is unknown.
I think she knows what has happened and is keeping Rob's family in the dark. I feel for his Mom and sister and hope they will fight to open the investigation again. I keep my eyes open and thought maybe I saw him once in quick passing.

I think it’s terrible that his mother and sister have been kept out of the loop. It’s been a long time since I read this thread, so will have to go back and read it again-wondering if all of the drug abuse talk came from Ida, or what. There are all kinds of possibilities here, I think, but it is sort of indicative of what Ida knows, that she hasn’t been turning over every stone to find him.

Yes...help was offered and not taken. Also --you will see when you go back and read-- there were a lot of guests that never became members. The threads were always watched very heavily. Many said it was Ida and to be fair it may have been and/or many of her friends and followers that were watching to see what was said. I read about the "drug abuse which began following a work related injury". That came to light here on WS later.
Mary Murphy on WPIX 11 did a story (she has connections with Local Union 3 I believe) and am unsure if she has done a follow up. Someone from WS also asked if Ida had contacted a psychic or even LI Medium Teresa. I think we had a verified insider who was a cousin but I would have to go back and re-read.
It is very much indicative I agree --- no one is looking for this man and yet according to his mother and sister and his Union: He is missing.

He does right ? A regular LI, Home Depot, Dunkin' Donuts for coffee, get the stuff off the high shelf for someone in a supermarket. So curious -- the missing poster is still up at the union hall yet no searches being done -- not looking for him at all. Very strange all the way around. If you can Beamie -- go to Long Island Firearms site. (they are nice nice people) and look at all the comments on Robert Mayer. There isn't anything new but more discussion and different info filtered thru on that site.

Yes! This is one of those cases where I have no theories. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Even though his wife is kinda weird, I don't think she did anything.

I think, and hope, it was so sort of weird accident and he hasn't been found yet

I think she knows all and isn't talking. She seems to clam up and get defensive when her "facts" are questioned. If she can't control the narrative then everyone is "against" her. I have always sensed he left voluntarily and is probably seeking treatment. Sadly addiction is a beast and so hard to get your arms around. I have neighbors struggling
with mental health and substance issues --- not unusual to see the police at their home. I hope for the sake of his Mom and sister (and he also has a brother I believe -- that came out on another forum) that he will be in touch with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rons211212
Back