NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

Robert Mayer disappeared on June 14, 2013, from Dix Hills, New York. Robert, then 46, left for his job as a local electrician in the early morning hours and has not been seen since.

Mayer's wife recalled her last conversation with her husband was on the phone around 9 a.m. that day, when they discussed Father's Day plans. His car, a 2004 red Pontiac GTO, was discovered the following night at a nearby train station.

Authorities call the search for Robert Mayer an open and active investigation, but few clues have been found in the case.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

All plausible theories friends.....check Ida's Facebook page.... songs about love and loss and her workout regimen...….not being snarky but I have always felt that Ida knows so much more than she let on and why she hasn't involved Rob's family is a mystery nor gone to the Union.....I always wonder things like what are they doing for health insurance, can she access Rob's Union funds, has their son filled out an application for the Apprenticeship Program......

All plausible theories friends.....check Ida's Facebook page.... songs about love and loss and her workout regimen...….not being snarky but I have always felt that Ida knows so much more than she let on and why she hasn't involved Rob's family is a mystery nor gone to the Union.....I always wonder things like what are they doing for health insurance, can she access Rob's Union funds, has their son filled out an application for the Apprenticeship Program, was Rob enrolled in Drug and Alcohol Program ?

I think he was involved with some bad people somehow, and that Ida knows; but I don’t think she necessarily knows exactly what happened, or where he ended up. A body was just found today out that way-no ID yet, though. Maybe he’ll be found

I agree that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Ida may be in a difficult situation in that she can make only so much noise and not risk whatever benefits she receives, or worse. The other possibility is that Rob legally walked away for reasons known only to him.

One option for Ida is to engage a "Skip Tracer" service/agency. Some of them are really good at finding people that don't want to be found. Folks tend to use at least the same initials so they keep their aliases straight. There are even books available on the techniques used.

That's a great idea !! I wonder what she plans to do with his Union funds ?? And what she is doing for health insurance ? …..still shaking my head......A missing man that is not being looked for

next month is Rob's birthday...….maybe on that date something may be announced

Lets hope so. Failing that, I would be wondering why an individual, missing for this amount of time, with little resources being expended on locating him has not been declared dead. Family hope against hope that he is still alive? Some bit of information we are not privy to?

I run this thru my head all the time......he isn't being looked for, only recently has a reward been offered for him, Ida has not utilized the resources of the union (and his missing poster is still at the union hall), Ida has kept Rob's family uninvolved

At this time a photo of him on a national level I would bet have him located. Being a electrician by trade he can set up shop (he can work under someone's license or just freelance)or be part of a business and just meld into society, imo.

I am still a member of the group. With not to many leads they usually post info on other missing people and on the anniversary they ask for help putting up flyers and such. Ida usually posts something about Robert on holidays and kids BD's

I am still a member of the group. With not to many leads they usually post info on other missing people and on the anniversary they ask for help putting up flyers and such. Ida usually posts something about Robert on holidays and kids BD's
Are you in the Facebook group ? I wondered if some info is there that isn't posted elsewhere. I have seen Ida's posts on her fb page and it doesn't mention any progress or any searches being done for Rob.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back