NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

He will eventually be found somewhere in the woods, I think. I hate when people do what I think he did, to their families.

I agree. I think that he is in the Edgewood preserve and either died by overdose or took his own life. MOO.

Yes...maybe the thread should move to well maybe not Found ...but No longer missing ? Has this happened before ? I dont think she came to WS but that it was maybe Rob's family and friends and public interest that kept his name out there.
He is still missing.

There were a few posts upthread that said this thread is not for case discussion -- if so, is there another thread that is?

How in the world is it not for case discussion? What else would be discussed?

Apparently, "information and support".
This forum is for information and support only.

Our discussion forum on this case is closed until something new opens up. Unfortunately the new article, while it may shed some interesting light on the case, doesn't really leave us with anything deep enough to work with yet. We will continue to wait for more info from either LE or MSM before we make any decision to revisit discussion.

Please feel free to post relevant information and support for the family on this thread.

Please note: This forum is for information and support only and not for case discussion. Thank you.

Its because the thread is labeled "information and support only". We were instructed not to converse.

Look where? They scoured everywhere in Dix Hills and surrounding communities and nothing was found. It’s likely he got on the train where his car was parked, or someone parked it there to look like he did. In either scenario, he could be anywhere on Long Island or the whole state of NY for that matter.

Did she have Rob declared dead? What’s it been…9 years? With this guy’s issues (oxycontin addiction alleged) and what he left behind, i am pretty sure he is gone, by his own hand. They just haven’t looked in the right place yet.
she must have but we can call ourselves anything on facebook right ? what she did beyond that she would know

DEC 5, 2022

Robert Mayer

robert_mayer.jpg

Robert Mayer disappeared on June 14, 2013, from Dix Hills, New York. The 46-year-old left for his job as a local electrician in the early morning hours and has not been seen since. Robert’s wife, Ida, recalled her last conversation with her husband was on the phone around 9:00 a.m. that day, when they discussed plans for Father's Day. His 2004 red Pontiac GTO car was discovered the following night at a nearby train station. According to Ida, the keys were not inside the car, and the driver’s seat was adjusted for someone much shorter than him. About a week after Robert’s disappearance, a neighbor discovered that his security camera captured footage of Robert's car pulling into the driveway of his home at about 2:40 p.m. the day he was last seen. The car remained there for 10 minutes. It is unclear who was driving the car. Ida Mayer is seen arriving home 10 minutes later. After the discovery of the footage, Robert’s wife said she searched their home for clues. She found his cell phone, wallet and about $300 cash in a drawer – all items she said had been with Robert on the morning of his disappearance. In 2017, authorities called the search for Robert Mayer an open and active investigation, but few clues have been found in the case. Dateline reached out to the Suffolk County Police in 2022 for updates in the case, but has not heard back. If you have any information regarding Robert’s case, please call the Suffolk County Police at (631) 854-8252.

When Robert Mayer left his home in Dix Hills, NY for work on June 14, 2013, he was talking on the phone with his wife about Father’s Day plans. No one has heard from the then 46-year-old electrician since.
robert_template.jpg

It was discovered a week later that a neighbor’s surveillance camera had captured footage of his car pulling into his driveway the afternoon he disappeared. The car left about 10 minutes later, before Robert’s family got home. The footage did not, however, show who was in the vehicle. The next day, the car was found parked at a railroad station. Since then, officials have made no other discoveries in Robert’s case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the 2nd Police Squad in Suffolk at (631) 854-8252.

When Robert Mayer left his home in Dix Hills, NY for work on June 14, 2013, he was talking on the phone with his wife about Father’s Day plans. No one has heard from the then 46-year-old electrician since.
robert_template.jpg

It was discovered a week later that a neighbor’s surveillance camera had captured footage of his car pulling into his driveway the afternoon he disappeared. The car left about 10 minutes later, before Robert’s family got home. The footage did not, however, show who was in the vehicle. The next day, the car was found parked at a railroad station. Since then, officials have made no other discoveries in Robert’s case.

Anyone with information is asked to call the 2nd Police Squad in Suffolk at (631) 854-8252.
Speculation.
Seems to me he and RH had crossed paths.
Above article mentions Mayer being at a scrap yard. Something he did often? Probably, there is money to be made in certain old fixtures, pipes, copper, etc.
So maybe..
Maybe Mayer came across something while scrapping that was indicative of a crime.
Maybe it was at a property where RH had also been recently.
All speculation.

Robert Mayer, a Dix Hills resident and lifelong Long Islander originally from Old Bethpage has been missing for over a month. A husband and father of 2, he was last seen on June 14th at Arrow Scrap in West Babylon around 2:15 PM.

This scrap yard is less than 5.5 miles from RH home.
How likely is it that RH dumped a few items here ?

Hope LE is considering checking this scrap yard.

Trying to link Robert's case with the LISK is HUGE stretch imo. Labeling this as a murder in general is a stretch. IMO, everything about this case screams suicide. It seems like he was leaving behind all this possessions at home, and even left some extra money for his family. There is nothing to suggest that anyone but Robert was driving his car that day. Why would a killer go to the victim's home and return their personal items and money? That wouldn't happen. My personal theory is that after he left his items behind, he drove to the train station, hopped on a train and headed East where there's more woodland (pine barrens and a few other preserves), and took his own life in the forest. Suicidal thoughts could be impulsive, so I don't believe that talking about the weekend plans or the Italy trip necessarily means anything. There is zero evidence in this case that hints at anyone else being involved at all.

it was first on another forum and then made it to ws.....she did know and the story was she caught him and that led to a fight ...iirc
Where are the claims of drug abuse coming from? Also, I might be a little daft, but who do multiple think he is the forest somewhere? Do they think he disappeared of his own accord?

Where are the claims of drug abuse coming from? Also, I might be a little daft, but who do multiple think he is the forest somewhere? Do they think he disappeared of his own accord?
I think he went into the forest to kill himself so that his body wouldn't be found.

“Mayer’s mother–and other sources–revealed to PIX 11 that Robert Mayer, an electrician with the Local 3 union, was struggling with prescription drug use. His mother said in the late 1990’s, he had fallen from a roof at Elmhurst Hospital, “landed on a pipe, broke every one of his ribs, and he was put on pain medication.”

”Mayer’s mother and sister, along with the sources, said he scrapped metal to pay for Oxycontin pills, which caused a problem at home.”

Suffolk County police detectives from the 2nd Precinct continue to work on the case. They told PIX 11 there’s no sign of criminality. They have searched the woods near the Deer Park train station extensively.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth
Back