NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, SoBu.

I don't know very much at all about the Mennonites, but for some reason I think they are a very peace loving people. If that is true, in this instance that worries me because they might not have any weapons with which to protect themselves. If I lived in that part of the world you can bet your boots I would have several loaded guns at the ready.

I believe along with farming they also hunt though. FWIW, I don't know personally.

Long time WS lurker but had to reregister to post because I couldn't remember my registration info. Anyway, having a hard time getting anything done trying to keep up on this thread/case! How do you all do it?!

I live about 30 miles east of the prison in VT so finding this pretty close to home! Hearing about the NNW track made me remember that my husband has family in Fort Covington, NY right on the CA border near Malone. Someone brought up the Akwasasne reservation being on the border and that potentially being a unique issue. Hubby's relatives sold their farm to Mennonites a few years back and say that it's getting common for Mennonites to settle up that way as land is cheaper than in areas they've previously traditionally settled. I don't know a lot about Mennonites but am concerned that they may not be listening to the news as closely if they aren't big on technology, or is that more the way of the Amish?
Great post and interesting thoughts! Welcome and keep sharing your thoughts! :welcome4:

TY that was helpful, I am visual, and wow a lot of areas are just Foilage , but, for the two guys, if they are like the middle of that stuff, gosh wouldnt you rather be prison, what do they do sit on the ground, in daylight, until darkness.

Aluminum trees? lol ;)

Did I hear correctly there is another presser this afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe along with farming they also hunt though. FWIW, I don't know personally.

We have a mennonite population around here. Many are "prepper" types, and you can see them selling ammo, guns, and other things at the local gun shows. Many around here are very modern. Some wear very conservative but modern clothing\, and others still wear the homemade clothing with the hair bun cover.

They often shop at Walmart and eat at the local Mexican restaurant... so many are pretty much fully modernized as far as material things go (technology).

I do not understand. As a person who lives by woods, but not in NY, going through woods is just about impossible. Uneven terrain. Insects. Branches that hit you in the face and head. And getting lost. Even if you know what direction you are going, so what! Where does it lead?

Are there marked trails they are following somehow? I do not see how anyone can walk through the woods at night.

And if they get to Canada, so what! Do they have friends there, money, what? It's not like Canadians like escaped killers. And they have American accents which will make them stand out.

I agree with a lot of your notions - then I tell myself, there plan was to "get" somewhere, different than forests! But this is like getting real Alpha male stuff, I mean 21 days, dirty clothes, butts, teeth, heat, bugs,hunger,sweat, surrendor and go back to three meals a day, aircondtioning, showers, soap, clean clohtes, fresh as a daisy butt n' breath,

just dont get it!

But media has classified them as sociopaths - when in reality, both of thier crimes were motivated by a "need" as oppossed to say Bundy or Dahmer, wherein "killing" was the pleasure.

These guys basically were after money, or trying to avoid going to jail. Even the delicate dicing of his boss, wasnt Jack the Ripper stuff - it was an attempt to avoid being caught.

There is a diffeence- clinically.....

This is a very good article from June 12th, with a lot of good info about Sweat's and Matt's background. Matt is very familiar with hopping trains and he has crossed from the U.S. into Canada before going across the Niagara River via a railroad bridge.

<snip>
While Sweat’s acquaintances feared the murderer would return to Broome County to hide out, early reports suggested the men had their eyes on Canada. Police in Ontario and Quebec were on alert Sunday—a day after corrections officers realized the inmates were gone. Canada became a constant destination for Matt before his prison years. In a series of road trips prior to killing William Rickerson, Matt routinely hopped into his friend’s Chevy Lumina (the killer hitched rides because he “never had a car”) to zip over the border to the Great North. He’d gawk at girls at a strip club known as Pure Platinum—especially one dancer who went by Karena.
“The girls were pretty but inside itself was kind of shoddy,” said the woman whom Matt had threatened. “It could be popular with a lot going on, especially on a Friday.”

Matt had struck up a romance with the dancer and the two were planning to wed, according to Matt’s criminal trial documents.

Things went south after Matt copped to the killing of Rickerson, ripped off Karena of her hard-earned dancing wages, and awkwardly offered his victim’s ring to his would-be wife before she flushed it down the toilet.

When he didn’t make it to the Great North legitimately, Matt managed to try his luck riding the rails. “When it first happened that he escaped we told the cops to check the railroad bridge that crosses the Niagara River,” the threatened woman told The Daily Beast. “He has gotten into Canada that way before and managed to do it without the cameras picking up anything,” she said.

Canadian border officials confirmed that the Whirlpool Bridge, which crosses the Niagara, is train-only.

<snip>

More at link:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/12/escaped-killer-richard-matt-almost-murdered-me.html

I just don't understand why Canada?????? It isn't a third world country where you can just run around doing whatever you like.

Welcome, SoBu.

I don't know very much at all about the Mennonites, but for some reason I think they are a very peace loving people. If that is true, in this instance that worries me because they might not have any weapons with which to protect themselves. If I lived in that part of the world you can bet your boots I would have several loaded guns at the ready.

They might be peace loving people but they still have firearms.

Did I read somewhere that Tillie supplied them with lighted goggles or something?

Or am I losing it?? Help!

Thanks for the reminder. Yes she did for their nightly work down in the bowels of the prison.

Funny how they had to work in the prison's bowels and then their poop identified their trail!

Do you think they would be afraid to use the lights at night?

Can't watch, how so? Thanks!

Totaly agree - first time I liked him. It was like "I know some stuff" and for the first time really believe we may close. That was how he hit me

Have on Sky News listening to the beach assualt and the decaption in Europe. Had an observation, they (Europe) deliver the news so much more calmly than AMerican. Noone is shouting, noone is cutting off someone to hit the commerical at the exact millisecond etc !

There is NO reason at all to think Matt is sick, correct?

is there a report somewhere that says something like that , all I have heard is bloody sock?
Correct. There has been no report of Matt being sick. A DNA test was done on Matt's feces. There has been "speculation" or "pure hope" that maybe he is ill.
The bloody sock belonged to Sweat.

In a nutshell: Matt left feces. Sweat left bloody sock. Matt is well hung and Sweat has to rely on his artistic map skills to get women.

I'm at the office, anything going on downstairs?

Is there a link please to watch the press'er live on my computer (NO 'tim@ warn@r links - they're always tricks....) tyia ! (btw.... that officer in the hat looks Pope Francis imo...)

Here you go highlight :

[video=youtube;VMie0fXDXao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMie0fXDXao[/video]

Correct. There has been no report of Matt being sick. A DNA test was done on Matt's feces. There has been "speculation" or "pure hope" that maybe he is ill.
The bloody sock belonged to Sweat.

In a nutshell: Matt left feces. Sweat left bloody sock. Matt is well hung and Sweat has to rely on his artistic map skills to get women.

Good summary.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

If a Canadian civilian catches these guys and gets a reward for $150k that translates to $184,764 Canadian. Hope that happens too.

GGE: TY in advance for transcribing the press'er that will begin is only 11 minutes !!

GROUP: Could somebody here who's tech' savvy make us a map of the known 'timeline' and substantiated 'DNA' 'hits', etc., (topographical map, preferably. TYIA ... We know we have: 1.) Popping up from the sewer. 2.) Dumpster diving at the local Subway - next door to Palmer's 800 foot lovenest which had been loaded with Matt's 'art', that is, until Palmer started BURYING IT IN THE WOODS AND THEN BURNING IT IN HIS GF's YARD omg !!!!!!!! 3.) DNA of one? both? cabin in Oaks Head, sock, prison undies (are those like Mormon underwear?)-what date? - that cabin owned by PRISON CORRECTIONS OFFICERS (sure has me thinkin' Matt & Sweat are clearly being helped by other prison corrections workers, still to be identified and arrested IMO...), 4.) Now, Matt DNA known to be Matt's found 'Tuesday' -what date? - in Malone cabin and obviously known to be Tuesday cuz' owner musta' been there through day end of Monday, then left, returns and finds tampering on Wedn. morning....

I also gotta say, with this being Day 22 (correct?), this new info' is a total Game Changer for me: I feel it's confirmed now that Tillie ditched Matt & Sweat at the sewer cover meeting site, and there never was any sort of 'Plan B' - all trust placed on getting's Tillie's car (and leaving Tillie behind 'holding the bag' LOL....). MATT AND SWEAT ARE NEARBY AND THEY WILL BE CAUGHT IMO !!

Also: IMO, Palmer is also responsible for the prison escape, and was 'in on it' - - Matt escaping made all the 'art' Palmer got in bribes so very, very, very much more valuable when he (in his head...) finally got to put it all up for sale on eb@y, once Palmer paid an well experienced attorney for a formal legal opinion as to date when all possible statutes of limitations would expire (often, murder, child rapes/abuse, are subject to NO statute of limitations, or 'tolling' of the Statutes of Limitations for various reasons - - not so as to prison guard Palmer taking his bribes of all that 'art'.

OR.........................heck they were really good, one could Ebay em without telling anyone they were done by him. They were amazing

I just don't understand why Canada?????? It isn't a third world country where you can just run around doing whatever you like.

While travelling I have run into folks who think we all live in igloos and ski 12 months a year LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim