NY NY - Yolanda Bindics, 25, Jamestown, 10 Aug 2004

Bindics Case Featured On Larry King

Updated: 11/26/2005

The case of a local missing woman received national attention Friday night on CNN's Larry King Live. The show mentioned several missing people, including Yolanda Bindics of Jamestown.

For obvious reasons this moment could not have been any harder for Yolanda's old sister Ann Chmielewski. Clinging to the hand of her son, she watched as the story of her missing sister was heard for the first time by a national audience. The show dedicated a full hour to similar cold cases across America.

"Now there are other missing persons we want to discuss like Yolanda Bindics," King said around 40 minutes into the show.

At that moment, Chmielewski began to cry.

"It let the world know she has four little girls at home, dying without her," Chmielewski said. "They need their mom."

Bindics, a mother of four and only 25 at the time, disappeared without a trace in August of 2004 after leaving work at the Jamestown Family Dollar. The next day authorities found her car. Two months later they found her wallet and car keys washed up from a city storm drain. That was it.

Her family tried for the same national attention given to other cases, like that of Natalie Holloway. But aside from a mention on America's Most Wanted's website, this is as close as they've come.

"It seems like [someone should] wake me up because I'm still dreaming," said Chmielewski, describing what it's like to have a missing sibling. "Even though it's been this long, it doesn't matter."

Oddly enough, just an hour later another of Yolanda's sisters, Margaret, appeared during On the Record with Greta Van Sustren on Fox News. Margaret was part of an audience of families with a missing loved one.

Greta: "And she vanished without a trace?"
Margaret: (crying) "Yes."

Jamestown Police recently admitted they're still no closer to figuring out what happened than they were at the time of Yolanda's disappearance. They also promised to keep looking, pointing to other national cases that have been solved after going cold for years.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=33449

*bump* any new news? Did Michael Watson go to trial yet? I checked the website for Yolanda, and there wasn't an update since New Years.

"Flurry Of Activity" In Bindics Case

Updated: 6/6/2006
Posted by: Aaron Saykin, Reporter

There are new developments in the case of a missing Jamestown mother of four. Police say recently there's been "a flurry of activity" in their investigation into what happened to Yolanda Bindics.

In September of 2004 Jamestown Police found Bindics’ purse, car keys and other belongings after they washed up from a city storm drain. It had been one of the last visible periods of major activity in the case... until now.

Police tell 2 On Your Side their investigation has become "very active" the last two weeks.

Continued at link:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/columnist/blogs/2TheNewsroom_article.aspx?storyid=38588

There are new developments in the case of a missing Jamestown mother of four. Police say recently there's been "a flurry of activity" in their investigation into what happened to Yolanda Bindics. In September of 2004 Jamestown Police found Bindics’ purse, car keys and other belongings after they washed up from a city storm drain. It had been one of the last visible periods of major activity in the case... until now. They sent those items and others to an FBI lab in Quantico, Virginia for forensic testing. Those results recently (finally, almost 2 years later, thanks to a back log) came back. Police said that information helped point them in the right direction. The department activated its missing person task force, re-interviewed several people and collected both new testimonial and physical evidence

Investigators in Jamestown said they're confident they'll soon solve the disappearance of Yolanda Bindics.
Lt. Todd Isaacson of the Jamestown Police Department indicated that police have a good idea as to what happened in August 2004 when Ms. Bindics vanished with little trace and a fair share of rumor and speculation. ‘‘We certainly have our theories,’’ he said. ‘‘Proving it is the next step. We need to have all the pieces of the puzzle.’’ He would not comment on specifics — though he indicated the evidence, which he described as ‘‘quite sensitive in nature,’’ points to a specific individual. ‘‘We just don’t want to tip our cards,’’ he said. ‘‘The person out there knows who we’re talking about.’’

Part of the "narrowing" of the Bindics case has been the closing in one specific suspect in her disappearance. Issacson won't go into specifics... but, does say investigators are closer to determining that person than they were more than a year ago. When pressed about particular individuals — such as Michael Watson, the former Jamestown police officer who knew Ms. Bindics, and Clarence Carte, the father of one of her children — Isaacson merely said they are persons of interest, ‘‘as with many people in Yolanda’s life.’’ Though Isaacson described Watson as a ‘‘person of interest’’ and Carte as ‘‘someone we would like to continue to talk to,’’ he would not elaborate. He also said they have ruled out ‘‘quite a few people.’’

They are now waiting for additional physical evidence to be analyzed, and it's not known how long that could take. This additional physical evidence is a follow up to evidence recently analyzed at the FBI Crime Lab in Quantico, Virginia. There's no timeline for how long it will take for the tests to return from Quantico. However, DNA being obtained is considered a credible addition to an otherwise circumstantial case.

http://www.findyolanda.com

Center for Missing Persons
On the Road to Remember Tour
Rally Stop for Missing Mother of 4
Yolanda Bindics

Monday, June 12th, 2006 - 1:00pm

“Ames Plaza located behind Farm Fresh Foods”
220 Fluvanna Ave., Jamestown, NY
Come Show Your Support! Refreshments​
Volunteers from the CUE Center for Missing Persons, will set out again on the third annual tour, called “On the Road to Remember,” to promote missing persons cases throughout sixteen states. The CUE will Stop in Jamestown to Feature Yolanda Bindics, Local Missing Mother of 4 girls. Along the way, CUE volunteers will participate in rallies, distribute information packets, which will include posters, DVD’s and fact sheets about local missing person’s cases. The packets will also include maps of the trip, copies of the agenda, contact details, and other general information.

http://www.findyolanda.com

Hopefully one of the families will get answers. Sad, but necessary.

I noticed that this was an area that was not searched before in either case.

englishleigh said:
My gut says it's likely Yolanda...prayers for both families. :(
I hope..I don't hope, I don't know! I've followed Yolanda's case since it was first announced that she was missing. I sure would love to see either woman's family be able to have some kind of closure, though that can't totally happen without justice for them as well.

englishleigh said:
My gut says it's likely Yolanda...prayers for both families. :(

As soon as I heard of these bones,I also had a feeling it is probably Yolanda also. Just horrible... the waiting for news for these two families,must be unbearable.

If we read into what they are not saying, they are not saying the dental records didn't match Yolanda. I'm thinking they are a match, but will test DNA before releasing any further info. God Bless Yolanda or whoever this turns out to be.

gardenmom said:
If we read into what they are not saying, they are not saying the dental records didn't match Yolanda.
Right, if they looked at Lori's dentals, then I'm sure they looked at Yolanda's at the same time - didn't think of that.

This new story popped up as I was typing this post. Nothing breaking yet, but the family is convinced that it is her.

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=5420857

Oh, no. I had a feeling. :( Now she can have the burial she deserves, though. God be with her family, esp. those little girls of hers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back