GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

She still buried her in the backyard and told NO ONE. It was because of the decomp that they couldn't prove if she was stillborn. People felt sorry for her on that jury. And the prosecution overcharged. It should have been a different outcome.

But you said yourself that there was no evidence that Annabelle was born alive. She did indeed bury her in the backyard which is why she was found guilty of abuse of a corpse.

These are two completely different cases, there's no point comparing the two. Bringing her stature and hair colour into it is just nonsense for which there is absolutely no evidence.

Skylar was convicted for the only crime for which they had evidence. That's how the justice system works. We don't convict people for murder based on guesswork.

It's probably about time both families were allowed to get on with their lives and for Annabelle to be allowed to rest peacefully.

This is Skylar’s:

On April 26, 2017, less than two weeks before senior prom, her mom, Kim, took Skylar to her first-ever gynecologist appointment. For years, her periods had been irregular—sometimes super heavy, sometimes super light, occasionally not at all, and, lately, sporadic spotting. Plus, Kim knew that Skylar had been engaging in “adult actions” with her then-boyfriend, Brandon. Skylar was months away from the rest of her life—she was headed to the University of Cincinnati to study psychology that fall. And Kim wanted to get her on the pill to avoid an unplanned pregnancy. “I only want you to reach your potential and not have any roadblocks,” Kim texted Skylar the day before the appointment.

Under chlorine-white fluorescent light, in a paper gown that ripped when she moved, Skylar listened as her ob-gyn, William Andrew, MD, told her she was about 32 weeks along. The pill wasn’t necessary. She was already pregnant. And well into her third trimester. One of her first thoughts: I can’t have a baby. Another: This can’t be true. She doesn’t deny that she was scared.
Exclusive First Interview Skylar Richardson Following "Not Guilty" Verdict at Murder Trial

So this is Skylar's exclusive first interview -- I stopped when it said she had the baby and went to school the next day. More lies. Pft...

The next morning, she went to school. Shock and denial carried her through the motions of her normal life—
I wonder why Skylar cares now she didn't before. I wish this family would go back to their quiet life. jmo

Law & Crime
·
We're taking a deeper dive into our coverage of the Brooke Skylar Richardson case, the high school cheerleader who was charged with aggravated murder after police found her newborn baby buried in her backyard. We interviewed family, friends, and the real detectives who worked the case. Tune in December 15th for Buried With Love, the story of Brooke Skylar Richardson, only on Facebook Watch.

Courttv is re airing the trial. Pros opening statement on now.

One walks out with no worries in the world, the other is spending life in prison. Amazing what a little money, photos of a tiny blond cheerleader and acting can do. There should NOT be this much of a difference in sentence in these 2 cases. While there are major differences and no proof Annabelle was born alive (I still believe she took a breath) these extremes are just ridiculous.
If I understand correctly it just depends on the fact that one case happened in Ohio the other one in Colorado. Two different states, two different laws. The US Constitution gives to the 50 states jurisdiction almost all the crimes

Criminal jurisdiction - Wikipedia

I watched the rebroadcast of this trial on Court TV and find myself questioning the verdict of her jury. Once she knew that she was pregnant, she didn't take any steps to prepare for the birth of a baby--getting prenatal care, looking into adoption agencies, etc. She knew that she was going into labor when she allegedly gave birth on the toilet to a baby with a "detached" umbilical cord and she didn't bother to call 911 to try to get help for the baby. If she was so weak from her eating disorder, how was she able to be working out the next day at the gym and taking selfies? I think that her defense team did a knock-out job for her, but I am not sure that justice was served. Her mother wasn't condemning of her being sexually active--she sent her to the ob-gyn to get on the pill herself--It seemed that Brooke Skylar's only concern was keeping her flat tummy and not disrupting her plans to go to college.

I do want to add that I think that I probably would have come to the same conclusion as the jury, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it entirely. We simply do not know if she delivered a child that was alive and therein was the real issue. I thought that the prosecution had a tough case with this one. It should be a crime not to get prenatal care and not to have called 911 when she had the baby. A medical professional should have examined that tiny child before it was placed in the ground. I honestly don't think that she feared her parents condemnation for an out of wedlock pregnancy so much as the baby would have thrown her college plans off and possibly caused her to lose her new boyfriend. She is a very fortunate young woman....many wouldn't have gotten that result at trial

I do want to add that I think that I probably would have come to the same conclusion as the jury, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it entirely. We simply do not know if she delivered a child that was alive and therein was the real issue. I thought that the prosecution had a tough case with this one. It should be a crime not to get prenatal care and not to have called 911 when she had the baby. A medical professional should have examined that tiny child before it was placed in the ground. I honestly don't think that she feared her parents condemnation for an out of wedlock pregnancy so much as the baby would have thrown her college plans off and possibly caused her to lose her new boyfriend. She is a very fortunate young woman....many wouldn't have gotten that result at trial

I have to completely disagree on that point. There was no way she could have been found guilty of murder. The prosecution had no cause of death and absolutely no evidence that baby was born alive, that's the bottom line in this case. People are of course entitled to their own opinions but that fact remains. Anything else is just moralising and summation.

I have to completely disagree on that point. There was no way she could have been found guilty of murder. The prosecution had no cause of death and absolutely no evidence that baby was born alive, that's the bottom line in this case. People are of course entitled to their own opinions but that fact remains. Anything else is just moralising and summation.
I think that I said as much--I said that we simply do not know if her child was born alive and therefore even though there were behaviors that made me uncomfortable (not seeking prenatal care, not making plans how she would handle the baby when it was born, not calling 911, etc) , I would have made the same decision as the jury. I could see her as a scared, young, uninformed young woman---she made some bizarre decisions though

I think that I said as much--I said that we simply do not know if her child was born alive and therefore even though there were behaviors that made me uncomfortable (not seeking prenatal care, not making plans how she would handle the baby when it was born, not calling 911, etc) , I would have made the same decision as the jury. I could see her as a scared, young, uninformed young woman---she made some bizarre decisions though

I disagree with the point that many would not have got that result in court. In the same circumstances, nobody could possibly have got a different result.

Seems to me that Ohio does not treat all alleged baby killers the same.

A sorority sister who threw her baby in the trash after giving birth in a study room has spoken out in a jailhouse interview to say she now feels like a 'monster' and was in denial that her baby would be born.

Emile Weaver is serving life in prison for the death of her baby, who she gave birth to in secret then threw in the trash in 2015 when she was 21.

Sorority sisters found the lifeless baby's body in a plastic trash bag at the side of the Delta Gamma Theta house at Muskingum University’s New Concord, Ohio.

She had been left dead in the box with a cardboard mac n cheese box and an empty bag of Doritos.

Sorority girl jailed for life for throwing her newborn in the trash says she felt 'like a monster' | Daily Mail Online

Seems to me that Ohio does not treat all alleged baby killers the same.

A sorority sister who threw her baby in the trash after giving birth in a study room has spoken out in a jailhouse interview to say she now feels like a 'monster' and was in denial that her baby would be born.

Emile Weaver is serving life in prison for the death of her baby, who she gave birth to in secret then threw in the trash in 2015 when she was 21.

Sorority sisters found the lifeless baby's body in a plastic trash bag at the side of the Delta Gamma Theta house at Muskingum University’s New Concord, Ohio.

She had been left dead in the box with a cardboard mac n cheese box and an empty bag of Doritos.

Sorority girl jailed for life for throwing her newborn in the trash says she felt 'like a monster' | Daily Mail Online

I think they treat them on a case by case basis, in accordance with the availale evidence. As any civilised justice system should.

I think they treat them on a case by case basis, in accordance with the availale evidence. As any civilised justice system should.

I should restate my post to demonstrate the comparison of two infant deaths that the cause of death not determined and two mothers that were in denial of their infants being born. I'm also not aware of any uncivilized justice system at play here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15
Back