GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

I should restate my post to demonstrate the comparison of two infant deaths that the cause of death not determined and two mothers that were in denial of their infants being born. I'm also not aware of any uncivilized justice system at play here.

Presumably they had irrefutable evidence that this baby was born alive? No two cases are the same, it is pointless comparing them.

"Presumably they had irrefutable evidence that this baby was born alive?"
Only because SR was better at hiding her baby and didn't mention it until it was too late to make that determination.

Just watched this on 48 Hours.

This video above has reporter Erin Moriarty getting heated with prosecutor David Fornshell. As a reporter, it's important to remain impartial but she is defending Skylar and her family defiantly.

Does anyone have the "controversial" press conference from when Brooke first got arrested?

Just watched this on 48 Hours.

This video above has reporter Erin Moriarty getting heated with prosecutor David Fornshell. As a reporter, it's important to remain impartial but she is defending Skylar and her family defiantly.

Does anyone have the "controversial" press conference from when Brooke first got arrested?

I found one link to the 2017 presser and it's not broken but does not pull up the 2017 conference. I'm not surprised it's scrubbed but it may be available on youtube or CourtTV. Sorry I've not been much help.

Carlisle teen mom bonds out of jail, attorney says she did not kill baby

Aug 7, 2017

Investigators have conducted three separate searches in a 10-day period this month before charging her with reckless homicide.

Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell is provided a live update.

A five-count indictment was handed down today for Richardson.

Its a good thing i wasn't on the jury. It would have been hung. I've read thru all the evidence and watched tapes. NO ONE should walk after burying a baby in the backyard. And I do think it was born alive and into the toilet. And if she had help, it may have lived. This case just is a lesson to others on how to get away with it.... IMO

The risk of homicide on the first day of life (neonaticide) is 10 times greater than the rate during any other time of life.1 Neonaticide has been attributed to motives and circumstances associated with the mother's perceived need to keep the pregnancy and birth unknown to her family and associates.

Newborns Killed or Left to Die by a Parent

Safe Haven or Safe Surrender laws exist in more than 42 states including OH. Stillborn or not, no excuse for SR to dump her naked baby in the backyard garden.

Defense requests early probation release for Brooke Skylar Richardson, Carlisle woman convicted of abusing baby’s corpse

Nov 13, 2020

[..]

Last month, Richardson’s attorney filed a motion to mitigate her sentence and terminate the less than two years left of her remaining probated sentence, arguing she had done everything required during her 14 months of probation. According to the attorney, she has a job, is in college and continues with a mental health treatment.

[..]

“She has completed two semesters of college, has a cumulative GPA of over 3.8 and currently has a GPA of 4.0 for most recent semester,” attorney Charles M. Rittgers wrote in the motion. “In addition to school, she has also worked approximately 10 hours per week. She sought alternative employment, but was rejected each time due to the fact she is on probation."

Defense requests early probation release for Brooke Skylar Richardson, Carlisle woman convicted of abusing baby’s corpse

Nov 13, 2020

[..]

Last month, Richardson’s attorney filed a motion to mitigate her sentence and terminate the less than two years left of her remaining probated sentence, arguing she had done everything required during her 14 months of probation. According to the attorney, she has a job, is in college and continues with a mental health treatment.

[..]

“She has completed two semesters of college, has a cumulative GPA of over 3.8 and currently has a GPA of 4.0 for most recent semester,” attorney Charles M. Rittgers wrote in the motion. “In addition to school, she has also worked approximately 10 hours per week. She sought alternative employment, but was rejected each time due to the fact she is on probation."

Ummm, yeah, many don't hire folks on probation, especially if they think you should be a current felon. So what that you cannot get another job. You have got one job, feel lucky young lady. Focus on school young lady, relish that you are getting experience for your resume by working in your attorney's law office, and complete the light standard probation you were afforded.

Jeez, she wants her perfect life after only one out of the three years she was given probation.

SMDH.

I have something to say about this. I agreed with the jurors on their verdict. I watched the entire trial, saw all the same things and agreed with them. I actually felt sorry for her. BUT IMOO, Mrs. Richardson got off very lucky. I think we all know that. I do not IMOO feel she is entitled to end her probation early. It is VERY inconvenient. It can put your entire life on hold. It can even stop you from succeeding on your life's path. In this instance I belive it will help her learn to live by all the same rules everyone else does and keep your emotions in check and finish out her therapy. (Maybe reverse some of the unhealthy coping skills etc, tht she's used her whole life) The consequences of not following the law can be harsh: ard on the pocketbook, family, your life and goals. Its sucks, really bad. She'll need to see this one through IMOO. I find the request a bit early. If it was 24 months I may even agree but its been what 14? Kind of like a slap in the face. Get the therapy. Keep pushing. You don't get to call it because you feel 1 year should do the trick. Some ppl live with legal consequences of their actions their entire lifetime- couldve been that bad for her. Keep pushing through it!

I have something to say about this. I agreed with the jurors on their verdict. I watched the entire trial, saw all the same things and agreed with them. I actually felt sorry for her. BUT IMOO, Mrs. Richardson got off very lucky. I think we all know that. I do not IMOO feel she is entitled to end her probation early. It is VERY inconvenient. It can put your entire life on hold. It can even stop you from succeeding on your life's path. In this instance I belive it will help her learn to live by all the same rules everyone else does and keep your emotions in check and finish out her therapy. (Maybe reverse some of the unhealthy coping skills etc, tht she's used her whole life) The consequences of not following the law can be harsh: ard on the pocketbook, family, your life and goals. Its sucks, really bad. She'll need to see this one through IMOO. I find the request a bit early. If it was 24 months I may even agree but its been what 14? Kind of like a slap in the face. Get the therapy. Keep pushing. You don't get to call it because you feel 1 year should do the trick. Some ppl live with legal consequences of their actions their entire lifetime- couldve been that bad for her. Keep pushing through it!

The problem was when the sentence was handed down, it "seemed" light to many people, who truly believed that she killed the baby.

But, if in fact, we accept the premise that it was simply "improper burial" of an already dead body, the sentence was actually quite harsh.

That is the crux of the issue. Justice determined no murder charge. So, release her to go live her entitled life. This whole situation has been such an inconvenience to her. Just like that baby.

Round and round we go. It is a tragedy no matter how you view it IMO. At some point everyone deserves to move forward from their past. One can only stay in their wrong doing for so long before they're forced to look ahead, (even if they're In prison) I do believe that wholeheartedly. I suspect her life will never be the life she wanted or dreamed or sought by burying her baby. (Or not seeking care or...) I believe she lives with torment and that can be worse than prison. I also know she was found innocent of a crime regarding the life of her infant. She will deserve her full freedom at some point and I hope she can move away, move on from it. Mental anguish & torment can be a dark lonely place in one's mind. AND Then hopefully comes redemption in whatever form she finds it.

Round and round we go. It is a tragedy no matter how you view it IMO. At some point everyone deserves to move forward from their past. One can only stay in their wrong doing for so long before they're forced to look ahead, (even if they're In prison) I do believe that wholeheartedly. I suspect her life will never be the life she wanted or dreamed or sought by burying her baby. (Or not seeking care or...) I believe she lives with torment and that can be worse than prison. I also know she was found innocent of a crime regarding the life of her infant. She will deserve her full freedom at some point and I hope she can move away, move on from it. Mental anguish & torment can be a dark lonely place in one's mind. AND Then hopefully comes redemption in whatever form she finds it.

But it seems incongruous to me in that she wants to move on, yet here she is again in the headlines to publicize her actions and put it in the media and courts vs. keeping her nose to the grindstone for 3 years and getting her chit together and gaining time and distance, and improved mental health and maturity.

It just doesn't pass the smell test to me as to her basis. The job can't be about the money as this is gonna cost her more than 2 years of the low hour/wage she is earning.

Oh I dont think she's running out to call the news station. The press is watching this like a hawk. They probably started checking the court calendar or whatever it's called every day after her sentencing. They've been waiting for this or anything to do with it. Plus it helps Her attorney is also one to watch for because he is a good attorney and he will talk with the media to some degree.
I hope she stays the course for her mental health. I agree she was not in a good place when this happend and I watched her go downhill during the trial. This was like a 2- 3 year mental health crisis strung out through the town, courts & media for the whole world to see and debate . She needs more than a 14 month treatment plan.

WTTE FOX 28
@fox28columbus

BREAKING: Skylar Richardson's probation has been terminated by
a judge after serving 14 months of a 3-year sentence. Richardson was sentenced on an abuse of a corpse charge following the death of her newborn child.
Quote Tweet

6DaVGvaI_normal.jpg

Clancy Burke

@clancyburke
· 4h
This morning Brooke Skylar Richardson will appear in court to request the termination of her probation. She has served 14 months of a 3-year sentence after being found guilty of abusing a corpse.

[URL='https://twitter.com/JBedellWHIO']John Bedell

@JBedellWHIO[/URL]

Replying to
@JBedellWHIO
Judge added that he doesn’t feel it’s worth the time and resources of his probation department to continue to monitor Richardson when he says in the three years he’s supervised her (including pre-trial) he’s seen no issues. Judge Oda ends the probation after 14 months.
@whiotv

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice is coming
Back