GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

Thank you, dixiegirl! :)

I would have thought Germany would have had more liberal abortion laws. I just looked it up to see the full law and it's legal after the first trimester if the mother's health is endangered and that includes reasons of medical necessity, sexual crimes, or serious social or emotional distress.

Yes, our laws are not that liberal as it is often thought... and abortion is again and again in public discussion here, doctors who offers them are, for example, not allowed to inform about this on their homepages at all. They get prosecuted if they do. It`s hypocritical. Women, who are more than the 12 weeks along and have none of the above mentioned reasons for a later abortion, often goes to the Netherlands... there is abortion legal until 24. week of pregnancy.

BBM. It is illegal in Ohio for a minor to have an abortion without the permission of at least one parent.
^^RSBM
Does anybody believe that at least one if not both of the parents would not have gladly given permission for an abortion? Neonaticide was always going to be the result here.

While they may be deluded and immature, mothers who commit neonaticide are rarely mentally ill, she said.

Rather, they practice what Oberman calls "magical thinking," a tendency associated with adolescents that enables them to remain in denial throughout the pregnancy.

"They just wish it away," she said. "Maybe I'll have a miscarriage. Maybe I'm not really pregnant."

Their avoidance of reality means these expectant mothers almost never seek prenatal medical care and fail to make any advance preparations, experts say.

"She's working really, really hard not to think about this; and working really, really hard not to plan; and working really, really hard to hide her pregnancy from the people around her," said Theresa Porter, a forensic psychologist who has published a review of 40 years of research on infanticide and neonaticide. "In order to be the type of person who might go to a clinic for an abortion or go to a baby drop, you have to be willing to engage in some thoughts about your problems, some planning.

"The evidence so far is that these women really work very hard to avoid it."

As a result, they often give birth alone and outside of a hospital.

"Virtually all end up giving birth on a toilet," Oberman said. "They go to the bathroom thinking they're going to have a bowel movement and hours later they give birth."

Even absent any prior planning, one might assume that a woman who unexpectedly gave birth would bring the baby to safety. But these women, who researchers have found are defined by their passivity, do not make that leap.

"When the baby's born, in order for her to become a person who takes the baby to a Safe Haven, it requires a slip of everything," Oberman said. "She's in pain. She's in shock. She's lost a lot of blood, and is now going to have to formulate a plan to get dressed, cleaned up and get transportation to a drop-off point, if she even knew what that was.

"It would be a pretty big wave-the-magic-wand transformation for her to become that proactive."

While experts say harming the child is not something these mothers anticipate doing, once thrust into the situation of having to handle a live childbirth on their own, they panic and act impulsively.

"There are definitely cases where there's crying at birth and the mom right away realizes, 'If I'm found right now, everything comes crashing down,'" Oberman said. "The same thing that led her to conceal her pregnancy will lead her to put the baby in a toilet or put a towel over the baby and smother it."

Experts: Mothers who kill newborns fit sad, familiar pattern

I came here because I just heard about this story. I am HORRIFIED of the outcome. Omg. I knew she'd get off because she's pretty, blonde, white and has money. But to only convict her of gross misuse of a corpse, get three years probation, AND get off early...wow.

I came across this news article which talked about one of the texts she sent right after she gave birth -

"I’m literally so excited now just for dinner to wear something cute. My belly is back now I am taking this opportunity to make it amazing"

OBGYN says Skylar Richardson told her ‘I had it alone in my house and I buried it in my backyard'

She knew exactly what she did and why she did it. I hope she lives a long, miserable life and doesn't get any rest or reprieve from what she did.

RIP Annabelle

CHEERLEADER BABY DEATH: RICHARDSON ASKS TO HAVE CONVICTION SEALED​

BBM. It is illegal in Ohio for a minor to have an abortion without the permission of at least one parent. All abortions after 20 wks are illegal in Ohio unless it is deemed a medical necessity. I agree with you, there are no winners in this case. But BSR, even with years of therapy, is still going to strive for that "perfect" life her mother has drilled into her all of her life and that is very unfortunate. BSR is a teenager with an eating disorder which is both a physical as well as a mental disorder. She may be out of jail and no longer on probation but I doubt she is well.

When my DD was a teen, she had a close friend who was a cheerleader with an eating disorder. Her parents were wealthy and her mother was constantly involved in throwing slumber parties for her daughter's friends in their mansion and at their lake house. The teen married right out of high school. Her husband went to work for her father's financial services company. But the very skinny young woman had a great deal of trouble getting pregnant and carrying the baby to full term.

Today, that friend is 32 yo. She's had four IVF procedures. All four births were problematic. Two babies were very premature, one of them died within an hour. Yet, she tried again. Her most recent baby was 3 months premature. Through it all, the mother and grandmother are on social media almost daily posting professional photographs of their "perfect" family. What concerns her friends the most is the additional physical toll those pregnancies have taken on this young mother in her continuing quest for perfection.

JMO
As of July 2022 all abortions in Ohio are illegal after a fetal heartbeat can be detected, usually around 6 weeks.

Q: Is abortion illegal now in Ohio?

A: Abortion in Ohio is legal until fetal cardiac activity is detected, at around six weeks. Then it is illegal.

Some recent history: About eight hours after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, U.S. District Judge Michael R. Barrett allowed Ohio’s fetal “heartbeat” law to go into effect after about three years of having blocked it. Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost had requested he dissolve the injunction after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled and Barrett was persuaded by Yost’s arguments

LEBANON, Ohio (FOX19) - A Warren County judge has apparently granted Skylar Richardson’s request to seal her felony conviction for abusing her baby’s corpse.

Her case is no longer found on the Warren County Clerk of Court website.

The sealing of a criminal case means the entire thing, including the conviction, no longer exists in the criminal justice system, says FOX19 NOW Legal Analyst and former Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen.

And she'll change her name and just live her life. This was one of the worst misjustices i've seen... And i rate it almost up there with Casey Anthony. She got off because she came from a 'good home' was an innocent cheerleader, and played up the victim with the poor me look in court. I was and still am disgusted by this case.

I can not access this article, but are you sure you have the right thread?
We had previously discussed this case on this thread.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A woman who was imprisoned without parole for killing her daughter by throwing the infant in the trash after giving birth at her college sorority house should be resentenced, a divided Ohio Supreme Court has ruled.

The justices also ordered that a different judge should handle the resentencing of Emile Weaver, now 27. She was convicted of aggravated murder and several other counts stemming from the child's death in April 2015. Weaver could have been sentenced to life with a chance for parole in as little as 20 years, which was requested by her attorney, but Judge Mark Fleegle said he wasn’t convinced Weaver was remorseful.

Prosecutors have said Weaver gave birth in a bathroom at the Delta Gamma Theta sorority at Muskingum University, then purposefully caused the death of her baby. They said the baby girl died from asphyxiation after Weaver put her in a plastic trash bag and left her outside the sorority house.

And she'll change her name and just live her life. This was one of the worst misjustices i've seen... And i rate it almost up there with Casey Anthony. She got off because she came from a 'good home' was an innocent cheerleader, and played up the victim with the poor me look in court. I was and still am disgusted by this case.
Yeah this case still infuriates me every time I see mention of it. The sympathy was more for the defendant than the innocent, helpless baby.

However, I don’t think that the defendant was wholly unsympathetic. That moment in the interview where her parents come in to see her and the interactions between daughter and parents was quite something. Especially between mother and daughter. The age of the defendant and the inference of a neglectful (maybe even emotionally abusive) mother I think allowed the jury to turn a blind eye and go with reasonable doubt. And I think if you were motivated to acquit & to believe there was reasonable doubt it was easy to do so with this case. It was a case of 2 helpless children that night. I believe she was 17 at the time. It makes sense to me that a college aged woman would be viewed differently. Obv facts vary from case to case and I wonder if the evidence was stronger with the college girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler
Back