OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

It's crazy.
He admitted to it; he was SEEN doing it; classing him as insane or not mentally stable or not criminally responsible, etc. etc. and so on and so forth, is not going to change the fact that he pre-meditated this, by his own admission.
This delaying the inevitable that he and his attorneys are playing is just disrespect to the victims and survivors.
JMO
I suspect we will see the “pre-meditation“ described instead by defence as ongoing command hallucinations (voices) and/or intrusive thoughts and paranoia aligned to a serious mental illness. I’m sure there is rigorous psychological testing taking place.
MOO

I suspect we will see the “pre-meditation“ described instead by defence as ongoing command hallucinations (voices) and/or intrusive thoughts and paranoia aligned to a serious mental illness. I’m sure there is rigorous psychological testing taking place.
MOO
So many people have intrusive thoughts. Do they act on the harmful ones? Most do not

I found an article about different kinds of family annihilators, and CD fits one of them.

There are two types describing such killers:

Per Neil Websdale, a Professor at Northern Arizona University, CD would fit into

"the “livid coercive” killer who is motivated by anger and rage. They show control issues and may have abusive tendencies achieving their self-worth by exerting authority within the home. Should this marriage begin to fail maybe because of such controlling issues and the wife and children try to leave, a lack of control and feelings of humiliation could prompt such acts of violence against his family."

Per another group:

"In the influential Yardley, Wilson and Lynes research, they looked at cases over a span of 30 years and grouped their case studies into four categories looking at the motives behind the killings. ...

Self-Righteous Killers
These are individuals, usually fathers, who place blame on others for their actions. They often blame the mother of their children for being the cause of the family breakup or for preventing him from having access to his children. They see themselves as the provider of the family and if they are unable to meet that role they can enter dangerous territory.

“These are executions. They are never spontaneous. They are well planned and selective. They are not carried out in the heat of the moment or in a fit of rage. They are very methodical and it is often planned out for a long time.” – Professor Jack Leven
Often they are looking to cause pain and suffering to their partner or ex-partner and can use their children to do this. Fathers who fall into this category can kill their children and leave the mother alive to ensure maximum pain and suffering. As they blame the mother, they can often make contact just before they commit the murders to tell her what they are about to do, knowing there is nothing she can do to prevent it."

Last edited:
Defense: Clermont County father accused of murdering 3 sons had rights violated after arrest

BATAVIA, Ohio —
A Clermont County father accused of murdering his three young sons said deputies violated his constitutional rights after his arrest.

Chad Doerman's attorneys are fighting to get their client's statements thrown out at trial and filed an 18-page motion to suppress some of Doerman's statements to deputies and health care professionals.
I'd rather they suppress his oxygen supply........ just sayin'........

Defense: Clermont County father accused of murdering 3 sons had rights violated after arrest

BATAVIA, Ohio —
A Clermont County father accused of murdering his three young sons said deputies violated his constitutional rights after his arrest.

Chad Doerman's attorneys are fighting to get their client's statements thrown out at trial and filed an 18-page motion to suppress some of Doerman's statements to deputies and health care professionals.
if anyone finds a link to the motion itself pls @ me - TIA

I hope it has no merrit. I would hate to see a shred of evidence thrown out against this guy

if anyone finds a link to the motion itself pls @ me - TIA

I hope it has no merrit. I would hate to see a shred of evidence thrown out against this guy
I haven't seen it. Sorry.

I remember being shocked that highly prejudicial police body cam videos of the dad's booking were released to the media. At one point, he was banging his head against a wall. He also asked to make his phone call and the LE response was "later."

JMO

I haven't seen it. Sorry.

I remember being shocked that highly prejudicial police body cam videos of the dad's booking were released to the media. At one point, he was banging his head against a wall. He also asked to make his phone call and the LE response was "later."

JMO
I think I recall seeing the body cam footage and think those statements might fall under unsolicited excited utterances but if he asked for attorney once in custody I worry anything after that may be tossed.

ETA just watched the booking stuff. had not seen it before.

Last edited:
found the motion from defense and I admit, I am worried. I think LE screwed this up and there is a decent chance any result of interrogations they did after taking him from the scene will be tossed :( :(

As to how greatly it might affect Chad's prosecution that I do not know. After all, there are several living witnesses to the murders who can testify to events that day providing eye witness testimony.

Motion

from this local 12 link

found the motion from defense and I admit, I am worried. I think LE screwed this up and there is a decent chance any result of interrogations they did after taking him from the scene will be tossed :( :(

As to how greatly it might affect Chad's prosecution that I do not know. After all, there are several living witnesses to the murders who can testify to events that day providing eye witness testimony.

Motion

from this local 12 link
I don't believe it was the cops who released the body cam video, I believe it was the Prosecutor who was elected in 2020.

I also believe that is why the Judge in this case issued a gag order in July. I think Chad is mentally ill and has proved he is a danger to himself and others, which is why he is being held without bail.

JMO

While outlining his ruling, Common Pleas Judge Richard Ferenc said prosecutors and defense attorneys cannot:

• Discuss the merits of the case with reporters.
  • Talk about facts of the case or evidence that hasn't already been presented as part of the public record.
  • Make statements regarding the credibility of the defendant, investigators and witnesses.
  • Or discuss any theories about the case.
Any statements lawyers make about the case outside the courtroom must be limited to what has already been said in court, Ferenc said.

I don't believe it was the cops who released the body cam video, I believe it was the Prosecutor who was elected in 2020.

I also believe that is why the Judge in this case issued a gag order in July. I think Chad is mentally ill and has proved he is a danger to himself and others, which is why he is being held without bail.

JMO

While outlining his ruling, Common Pleas Judge Richard Ferenc said prosecutors and defense attorneys cannot:

• Talk about facts of the case or evidence that hasn't already been presented as part of the public record.
  • Make statements regarding the credibility of the defendant, investigators and witnesses.
Any statements lawyers make about the case outside the courtroom must be limited to what has already been said in court, Ferenc said.
you may very well be right about him being mentally ill. I will have to wait for trial to see what is brought out by the experts before I land on it.

as to the LEOs/deputies being present while he is being seen by health professionals. I don't know that that is such a huge violation. This guy stone cold murdered his three young sons apparently without provocation. I imagine you don't want someone like that who you think has a serious mental health issue left alone and unsupervised with medical professionals just from an overall safety standpoint.

What concerns me primarily is the several instances during interrogation by detectives where he very clearly appears to have asked for legal counsel and was brushed off so that the interrogation could continue.

you may very well be right about him being mentally ill. I will have to wait for trial to see what is brought out by the experts before I land on it.

as to the LEOs/deputies being present while he is being seen by health professionals. I don't know that that is such a huge violation. This guy stone cold murdered his three young sons apparently without provocation. I imagine you don't want someone like that who you think has a serious mental health issue left alone and unsupervised with medical professionals just from an overall safety standpoint.

What concerns me primarily is the several instances during interrogation by detectives where he very clearly appears to have asked for legal counsel and was brushed off so that the interrogation could continue.
BBM. I think the issue is that privacy of medical records is protected under federal law. LE certainly could be there but deputies should have never recorded it.

I do believe at the time of the horrific murders, the father suffered from an untreated, serious mental illness <modsnip>.

JMO

...When seen by health care workers, the defense says deputies "actively made themselves present" in Doerman's jail cell for "privileged communications and recorded them."...

...Defense attorneys said his interactions that morning with a public defender "were not conducted in private" but in the presence of "five or six deputies and video recorded by the body-worn camera on one of the deputies" who turned the audio off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clermont County's chief prosecutor of Municipal Court, David Gast, said during Doerman's arraignment Friday that one of the boys tried to flee into a nearby field but Doerman “hunted” his son down and brought him back to their home before killing him.

Interesting, I see no tears in that still image. And if he is crying, it's a little late for that. MOO

JMO

Obviously he's a danger to others. No psych eval was needed for that. I don't think he's a danger to himself. He had plenty of ammo. No reason he couldn't have taken himself out. I don't think mental illness has anything to do with the bail amount, or the crime. I think it's commensurate for the crimes he's accused of commiting. JMOO

Obviously he's a danger to others. No psych eval was needed for that. I don't think he's a danger to himself. He had plenty of ammo. No reason he couldn't have taken himself out. I don't think mental illness has anything to do with the bail amount, or the crime. I think it's commensurate for the crimes he's accused of commiting. JMOO
His defense will most certainly ask for a psych evaluation. That's pretty standard in a case like this one.

And the fact remains, the Judge refused to set bail. Are you saying, no case deserves bail? I certainly don't agree with you.
JMO

Lastly, authorities are exploring the presence of evidence indicating mental illness. Diane Wright, LISW-S, of Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services, shared insights, stating that individuals engaging in mass shootings often grapple with multiple issues and crises they cannot manage. Despite the seemingly sociopathic behavior exhibited, Doerman’s emotional breakdown in court has raised questions.

Although records requests have not revealed any recent arrests or 72-hour psych-hold placements, it is crucial to note that Doerman has only been arrested for the alleged murder of his children and has not yet been indicted.

His defense will most certainly ask for a psych evaluation. That's pretty standard in a case like this one.

And the fact remains, the Judge refused to set bail. Are you saying, no case deserves bail? I certainly don't agree with you.
JMO

Lastly, authorities are exploring the presence of evidence indicating mental illness. Diane Wright, LISW-S, of Greater Cincinnati Behavioral Health Services, shared insights, stating that individuals engaging in mass shootings often grapple with multiple issues and crises they cannot manage. Despite the seemingly sociopathic behavior exhibited, Doerman’s emotional breakdown in court has raised questions.

Although records requests have not revealed any recent arrests or 72-hour psych-hold placements, it is crucial to note that Doerman has only been arrested for the alleged murder of his children and has not yet been indicted.
I read 20 million. Have I gotten my cases mixed up again? (Probably! Ughh)

No, I wasn't saying that no case/defendant deserves bail.

Just ignore that post. Sorry for the confusion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_
Back