OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing, it was specifically stated that the GPS on her phone was turned off. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that on my phone. How many here know how to do it?

And another thing, it was specifically stated that the GPS on her phone was turned off. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that on my phone. How many here know how to do it?

I have an option for that on my phone. I thought it was only for maps. But I really never looked into it. Maybe there is an app for finding people by there gps, sort of like the checking in app.

You have GOT to be kidding me! I can barely figure out how to put in a new phone number and contact name!

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979962056

Nothing new, except some thoughts from family. That sound way similar to another girl that has been gone to long.

If she has her gps on, and its something her whole family has discuss, then why would she turn it off, an intruder would not know about that option or even think about it. Unless it goes off when the cell is turned off.

If she has her gps on, and its something her whole family has discuss, then why would she turn it off, an intruder would not know about that option or even think about it. Unless it goes off when the cell is turned off.

Unless the intruder was technically savvy.

My son and I have bbery's and have to manually turn the gps on. Reminds me that I need to make sure it's turned on on his newest phone. Glad I have insurance for things like forgetting your phone is in your swimsuit pocket and going kayacking.

I grew up in the Fairfield area, graduated from the high school there, and still have family there. An old boyfriend lived in her neighborhood, so I am very familiar with this area. Some observations I have made: John Carter lives with his mom, literally right around the corner from Katelyn (3 min walk according to google map). Someone else mentioned some interesting Facebook info. All of her friends, family and strangers have changed their profile pic to a Missing poster of her with her photo. Her fiance's profile pic is of him and a dog. He has been on FB, and fairly often. He posted on Tuesday night (her birthday) that he was going to throw a birthday party for her on Wednesday, stating that is what she would want. Just read on FB that when she had to leave the dog for extended amounts of time, she left it in the bathroom.
Thoughts?

That does seem odd that her boyfriend was throwing her a birthday party yesterday, in absentia...but I guess it could also have been a way for friends and family to gather...very strange situation, and does not sound good at all. This woman does not appear to be anyone who would just leave her pet and her life, at all...

I agree with the above post. It seems odd that he'd be celebrating her birthday without her. It appears even "odder" that she would voluntarily have left her dog closed up in her bedroom (rather than a bathroom or kitchen, in this case, per her preference, the bathroom).

Does anyone know if the police confirmed that she had sent him a picture right before she went missing?

I agree with the above post. It seems odd that he'd be celebrating her birthday without her. It appears even "odder" that she would voluntarily have left her dog closed up in her bedroom (rather than a bathroom or kitchen, in this case, per her preference, the bathroom).

Does anyone know if the police confirmed that she had sent him a picture right before she went missing?

I think people often grieve in this way. Kyron's biomom and dad had a birthday party for him - and even signed him up for soccer, bought school supplies for him, etc., after he vanished.

I think people often grieve in this way. Kyron's biomom and dad had a birthday party for him - and even signed him up for soccer, bought school supplies for him, etc., after he vanished.

I think, knowing myself, that were it me, I would be catatonic. Sometimes, and I'm certainly not saying this is the case, the perp will surround themselves with people, or interject themselves into a search, just to see if anyone close knows anything....or to at minimum find out what they know.

I don't think the fiance is involved.

Here's what sticks out to me, reading various articles. Fox19 says that she lived alone, but her father often stayed with her (that's sketchy, right?). Also, none of her family members are saying anything (minus her mother saying that her phone had been shut off), but her fiance's family is speaking (the fiance family is very innocent/credible). Maybe one of her relatives has put her in harm's way?

From my reading, her father, Dave Markham has been involved:

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...n-Case-of-Missing/Hb8WfZ0rpkuNpRRLpddC-w.cspx

snip- Katelyn's father, Dave Markham, says "She was one who has always planned, has had a goal for three years and is achieving it daily. Parents worst nightmare. I want her home."

Also John Carter's mother, Karyn Winkler:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/what-happened-to-katelyn-markham--1232476.html

snip- Markham’s future mother-in-law, Karyn Winkler, said the family has its own theories as to what happened the night she went missing.
“Her family and our family are kind of feeling like someone has taken her, someone possibly that she knew,” she said.

I also know that there was a festival very close to her house, at Sacred Heart, this past weekend. Anyone heard if she attended that festival?

http://www.journal-news.com/news/hamilton-news/what-happened-to-katelyn-markham--1232476.html

I have been commenting in the wrong place, that's the story of my life. Above is the latest article. I live in Fairfield and this case has me VERY stressed, I'm bad with miles but I believe this is about 3 miles from my house and the police are telling us so little that there is a little fear factor at this point.

Her condo/apartment different news outlets say condo/apartment so I'm not sure but her residence is VERY close to the location of a local festival that took place that weekend, trying to ask around to see if she went to the festival.

I must say my gut (and some locals involved closely with the search) is leaning towards this NOT being a stranger abduction.

She lived in Fairfield and worked in a local area called Tri-County someone asked earlier if it would have been closer for the BF to check her residence then driving to her work and it would have been.

Fairfield is NOT a high crime area, everyone that I have talked to her says she's responsible, kind, family is important but it's her dad I haven't heard anything about her mom so again asking around about that.

They have called off the searches.

BBM

Why would they call off the searches? she's only been missing 4 days...hmmm..

[Fairfield is NOT a high crime area, everyone that I have talked to her says she's responsible, kind, family is important but it's her dad I haven't heard anything about her mom so again asking around about that.

They have called off the searches.

Doubt this has any relevance, but according to the Butler County Clerk of Courts website, David Markham (Plaintiff) filed for divorce from Sheri Markham (Defendant) on 7/20/11. It cited that they had been living apart or separated for more than 1 year. Her father's address was Dorshire, her mother's on Hamilton Mason. Appears that neither parent owns the homes on Dorshire or Hamilton Mason, according to the auditor website.

"She's too pragmatic."
That's a new one. Never heard that said before about someone who vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish