OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different people use it for different things. At first I only had my close friends and family on it. Then I started letting other people in. But my boyfriend can not be searched for (and he's friends with almost everyone from his past, I've never actually asked him why...)I can be searched for, but everything is very private unless you are a "friend." Actually all this is making me think I really need to make it much more private than it is. Maybe take it back down to 30, tops.

I will say this. I was doing some research online and found a conversation that had my niece on it. It was from FB and she was set to private. She said it came from a group she had joined on FB for genealogy. I wasn't searching her name or any family names or even genealogy but it came up. That kinda scared me.

I will say this. I was doing some research online and found a conversation that had my niece on it. It was from FB and she was set to private. She said it came from a group she had joined on FB for genealogy. I wasn't searching her name or any family names or even genealogy but it came up. That kinda scared me.

Yeah, I've had that pop up to. Sometimes I search my name to see where I pop up in the searches (I have a website and need to know if people can actually find it if they search for me, it's not just vanity. :D) And a lot of times facebook convo's will pop up. I don't say a lot that I wouldn't want someone to see, but I DO say things just for a reaction (devils advocate) sometimes or because I am being silly to a friend who knows that I'm just joking. Some random person who does not know my personality might not understand....

FB post (standard disclaimer-salt... grain etc) says that he left the search today at 11? Now I'm trying HARD not to be Judgy McJudgypants here but...really? He couldn't stay and help sign people in...pass out water, help with...anything? I understand not searching but....really...2 hours? This puzzles me. Absolutely puzzles me. :waitasec:

It's almost like he was making an appearance so it would be reported that he was there then he had to go...I don't know sleep? Burn things? Watch random noise tv shows?

Probably had to go meet with his lawyer.

I know there is not supposed to be regular searching happening on Friday, but still hope something is found, or learned.

OK. Someone a while back asked me how I knew KM smoked when I suggested she went outside to smoke. I said someone had posted that. I now have a reference.

According to her MS page she listed: "Smoker yes".
According to JC's MS page he listed: "Smoker no".

OK. Someone a while back asked me how I knew KM smoked when I suggested she went outside to smoke. I said someone had posted that. I now have a reference.

According to her MS page she listed: "Smoker yes".
According to JC's MS page he listed: "Smoker no".

They probably created their MySpace pages as very young teens, and may never have thought to change their initial answers to those questions. It could be that she used to smoke, and he didn't, and now it's the other way around? Just a thought.

They probably created their MySpace pages as very young teens, and may never have thought to change their initial answers to those questions. It could be that she used to smoke, and he didn't, and now it's the other way around? Just a thought.

Could be

Inch High PI:

it's "random noise background shows"...

please get it right, will ya'?

I could be wrong, but didn't I read on her MS blog thing about her getting high or something about "i won't get high as much" or something like that? Again could be way off, I just remember that?

Thursday’s search was “a process of elimination,” Miller said. Although Markham was not located, he said it’s important for volunteers to know their efforts weren’t without success.

“At the end of the day, if we don’t have her located, then we know where she’s not at,” he said.

Miller said searches were conducted within a six-mile-plus radius of Markham’s Dorshire Drive townhouse. Searchers found a few “things of interest” that will need to be researched, but Miller declined to say what those items were.

Miller wouldn’t comment on what areas would be searched Saturday, saying if a radius is published and if Markham isn’t alive, a possible perpetrator may move her body outside of that radius.

A smaller search will be conducted today, where some areas will be looked at again, he said

http://www.middletownjournal.com/ne...ce-find-clue-about-missing-woman-1244277.html

I worked night shift the night she disappeared and I do remember a thunderstorm passing through the area but I work on the opposite side of town in western hills. We need to keep in mind that potential intruders, suspicious characters from the festival, or questionable neighbors and friends would probably take the weather into account. It wouldn't be very smart to attempt an abduction during a severe thunderstorm if you think about it. And would she really open her door to a stranger ora neighbor during a storm? And what of JC and his document-burning escapades in a torrential downpour.

No, I think what happened to Katelyn occurred shortly after her last post to her uncle around 8:00pm that evening. (if I remember that post correctly) I think they got into it and he had her disposed of before he arrived at his friend's home or he might have even had her in his trunk while he was watching the random noise background shows with his friend. My rationale for this scenario is that he needed to establish an alibi as quickly as possible to account for his whereabouts directly after he left Katelyn's so he drives straight to a friend's house. He states that he went to sleep around 4:30am but is there anyone in his family that can confirm that they saw him between the hours of 4:30am and the next time anyone actually laid eyes on him? He may have been sitting at his friend's house thinking of an area to dispose of her, left his friends house at 4:00am and then dumped her body before he arrived back at his house. No wonder this 22, 23, or 24 year old guy was so tired he slept until late afternoon that day.

All speculation on my part, of course.

It would be fascinating to review his debit card transactions between the hours of 8pm on Saturday and 4:00pm on Sunday. I've watched so many crime shows where the perpetrator is convicted of a murder based on receipts found in their vehicles from stores that are open 24 hours where the purchases are for shovels, tarps, duct tape, rope, etc. And what if he stopped and purchased a tank of gas and it's discovered that he filled up again the next day before he headed off for work? He better hope that he isn't captured on video traipsing around these stores making questionable purchases.

I think she will be found in a body of water. JC doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would put forth the effort of digging a grave. Too much work.

It would be fascinating to review his debit card transactions between the hours of 8pm on Saturday and 4:00pm on Sunday. I've watched so many crime shows where the perpetrator is convicted of a murder based on receipts found in their vehicles from stores that are open 24 hours where the purchases are for shovels, tarps, duct tape, rope, etc. And what if he stopped and purchased a tank of gas and it's discovered that he filled up again the next day before he headed off for work? He better hope that he isn't captured on video traipsing around these stores making questionable purchases.

I think she will be found in a body of water. JC doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would put forth the effort of digging a grave. Too much work.

If one is to look at that part of Ohio on Google maps, it really is a water murderers paradise so to speak.

Police have declined to comment, saying they aren’t discussing details of the investigation. Carter did not return a call for comment Thursday.

Nearly 100 people gathered in Fairfield on Thursday to help the Texas Equusearch Mounted Team look for Markham. Many of the people taking part in these searches have never met Markham--but they feel it's their duty to do everything they can to bring her home. Volunteers looked through parks and densely wooded areas.

This morning, searchers from Texas will gather again at a command center at Fairfield West Baptist Church on Muskoph Road at 8 a.m. Volunteers must be dressed appropriately for searching through wooded areas and have a photo ID.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/New-Clue-in-Search-for-Missing-Fairfield-Woman/ajdUR8rrA0qlItAtyNTLrw.cspx

Katelyn Markham's father, David Markham, met with perfect strangers and determined volunteers who are committed to finding his daughter.

"I can't express my appreciation to everybody that has taken time out of their busy lives, their work, their golf game maybe, that they had planned for today, to stop what they are doing and dedicate today to finding Katelyn, " Markham said.

Markham was the one who initially reached out to Texas EquuSearch to get help finding Katelyn, now to see their expertise in action, he says it's amazing.

http://www.fox19.com/story/15380444/katelyn-markums-father-reflects-on-search-for-his-daughter

It's going to be the hottest day of the year here today. Prayers that Tim and his team can stay cool somehow.

Steff-your avatar makes me happy!

Looks like pressure is starting to mount now. If JC has a lawyer it was probably a smart move.

Thanks! I love that episode.

If he has a lawyer, it's about darn time! His friends and family should have been encouraging him all along to retain a lawyer and keep his fool mouth shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora