OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter was just telling me that our local news is reporting that police are stating that JC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KATELYN'S DISAPPEARANCE..

She just caught the tail end of the report. Anybody else hearing anything?

I just got in from work....will tune in to the local news and get back as soon as I hear something. Sheesh.

My daughter was just telling me that our local news is reporting that police are stating that JC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KATELYN'S DISAPPEARANCE..

She just caught the tail end of the report. Anybody else hearing anything?

I need to hear this because i just find him to be the #1 suspect.

WCPO, WLWT, and WXIX websites have nothing. The WKRC story says they got info from The Hamilton Journal-News, but I don't see anything on that page, either.

ETA: There is nothing to that affect on any of the news stations' FB pages, nor is there any mention of it on either of the KM pages. Is it possible your daughter misheard?

Devil's advocate for JC for a minute... I am trying to picture myself after 2 weeks w/ my fiance missing. Since day 1, I have likely had no more than a few hours of sleep, probably not eating much or eating fast food. I can see myself getting confused about the difference bet. a lie detector and a voice stress test, can see rounding up or down about my age 22/23 depending upon how far away my birthday is, and also thinking "why the heck does MY age matter??" i am also literally one of those way-too-preoccupied people who have no clue where i stopped going to or from work, or what time it was, or what i did half the time, esp. when i am stressed.

While I am very suspicious of JC, I am having a hard time imagining he is involved in this for a few reasons. He may not be the brightest and keeps getting some things mixed up in the media, but could he have done something and covered it up so quickly on the spur of the moment so well that it was not so easily uncovered? He did not have a big window of time, so she would have had to be close by. Also, would he have had the presence of mind and/or demeanor to go hang out with friends all night then sleep for 12 hours if he commited some violent crime of passion, crime scene fabrication and disposal of a body? He would have had to use his car, or her car, set up the scene, manipulate the cell phone interchanges, dump her cell phone (if it is hers), etc.... Just seems too involved of a scenario for him to fake on the spur of the moment if he can't even keep his own age straight. He just doesn't seem motivated enough to cover all his bases so he is not found out in almost a month? I am conflicted here though, since in most cases like this the simple answer is the right one, which points to the last person seen with the vicitm. I mean, why not leave her in the house and just leave the door open and find her that way and maintain his alibi?

:waiting: If they (LE) know who did it, why is no one in handcuffs?... This is making me crazy thinking someone might be getting away with stealing this girl. Is it a FF PD fail or a really well orchestrated evidence trap? If he can be cleared, clear him, so we can leave the poor guy alone, but if it's him, lock him up! We need our streets safe! :banghead:

I've watched every news show this morning and haven't heard anything in regards to him not be considered a suspect. She had to have gotten it wrong. She was up til' 3am drinking with friends....what does that tell ya? LOL She must have heard wrong....will try to listen to wlw radio today to see what I can find out. My lord...it's so HOT outside. Is it a good thing that this guy from TES is from Texas where it is so hot....maybe he's used to the heat...I feel so....so sorry for the searchers.

I worked night shift the night she disappeared and I do remember a thunderstorm passing through the area but I work on the opposite side of town in western hills. We need to keep in mind that potential intruders, suspicious characters from the festival, or questionable neighbors and friends would probably take the weather into account. It wouldn't be very smart to attempt an abduction during a severe thunderstorm if you think about it. And would she really open her door to a stranger ora neighbor during a storm? And what of JC and his document-burning escapades in a torrential downpour.

No, I think what happened to Katelyn occurred shortly after her last post to her uncle around 8:00pm that evening. (if I remember that post correctly) I think they got into it and he had her disposed of before he arrived at his friend's home or he might have even had her in his trunk while he was watching the random noise background shows with his friend. My rationale for this scenario is that he needed to establish an alibi as quickly as possible to account for his whereabouts directly after he left Katelyn's so he drives straight to a friend's house. He states that he went to sleep around 4:30am but is there anyone in his family that can confirm that they saw him between the hours of 4:30am and the next time anyone actually laid eyes on him? He may have been sitting at his friend's house thinking of an area to dispose of her, left his friends house at 4:00am and then dumped her body before he arrived back at his house. No wonder this 22, 23, or 24 year old guy was so tired he slept until late afternoon that day.

All speculation on my part, of course.

BBM & BBM

He drives a Ford Focus. That is a smaller car. He said what kind of car he drives when he called 911. (Just don't want to get a rumor started that he drives a truck)

If I just killed my significant other and disposed of her body, I wouldn't be able to sleep for days. Not saying he couldn't be lying about sleeping that night, maybe he was up pacing the floor thinking of what to do. I doubt it though.

JMO

Apparently the "new clue" is a cell phone ping right before the phone was turned off at 12:45 a.m.

It's hard to believe that ping originated from her house, or it wouldn't be a big deal.

Hmm.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/s...g-Fairfield-Woman/ajdUR8rrA0qlItAtyNTLrw.cspx

Well it would be a big deal if it can be verified that she, or at least her phone, was in the area of the townhouse until 12:45 am and it can also be verified that JC, or at least his phone, was not.

I just don't see him being able to pull this off either. :waitasec:

Well it would be a big deal if it can be verified that she, or at least her phone, was in the area of the townhouse until 12:45 am and it can also be verified that JC, or at least his phone, was not.

I just don't see him being able to pull this off either. :waitasec:

unless he left his cell phone someplace else......

I mean, why not leave her in the house and just leave the door open and find her that way and maintain his alibi?

(respectfully snipped) I always think that when following these cases - especially when it ends up being evidence of disposal that does a perp in. Unfortunately, however, in today's CSI-centric world, it's becoming increasingly difficult to convict without a body and specific time / cause of death. Juries need some pretty definite smoking guns these days - and I think that whole Casey Anthony debacle has even further set that precedent. FWIW - I think LE knows exactly what happened to poor Kyron (including a general vicinity of where his body was disposed of), I think investigators have a good idea of where Lauren Spierer was when she died ... Unfortunately these peeps are gambling on the fact that the body won't be found, or if it is, too much time has passed for investigators to prove cause of death. It's definitely a gamble though! Look at Grant Hayes. Had poor Laura's body never been found, he'd likely be chillin' in the Virgin Islands right now. Instead he's stuck explaining why her body was dismembered, driven halfway across the country, and fed to alligators. Really hard to say "accident" at that point!

And sadly I think even the dimmest of perps has the same gut reaction - first thing to do is hidd the body & pray your *advertiser censored** off that no one finds it! JMO

I think JC's family needs to take up a collection and buy him a new shirt. Every time I see this dude, he has on the same blue and white checked shirt. They should have taken it into evidence!

On another note, I wonder if he had to produce the clothing he was wearing on the night of her disappearance. I'm just so upset that LE isn't saying jack squat that it's worrying me that they may not know what they're doing and haven't followed proper procedure. Did they even put up caution tape around the crime scene?

I guess it's all these crime shows I watch and how so many of these brilliant detectives solve so many difficult and puzzling cases. I'm praying that Katelyn's is one of those cases that gets solved.

To all:

http://www.700wlw.com/mediaplayer/

I'm almost certain that Bill Cunningham stated the other day that he would be talking to Chief Dickey of the Fairfield police dept. again. (I recall that he said "in a couple of days")

Let's all try to tune in. He does ask good questions and he is always able to get someone from law enforcement on his show due to his being a practicing attorney in the past.

Happy friday, everyone! Still on the fence here - though yesterday I played devil's advocate suggesting JC's innocence. So today, just for fun, I'm going to play on the other side of the fence.

What if JC is guilty? If he did kill Katelyn, there are two possible scenarios here. Either it was premeditated to some degree - and I'm taking anywhere from "I'll do it on the night of the carnival and build an alibi..." to entertaining a more general threat of "I'll never let her leave me," and perhaps daydreaming about where he'd hide a body if something ever happened. Or, it was a crime of passion where he snapped, panicked, and then hastily covered it up.

The crime of passion aspect is very intersting to me. I think in those scenarios, the perp either breaks down and confesses immediately, or they try their best to cover it up. I can't, however, see an otherwise "good" person (relatively speaking, of course) who just hit a little too hard or choked a little too long being able to just carry on in the face of such public scrutiny, police investigations, Nancy Grace's shrill questioning... not to mention the guilt they'd be feeling. It takes a special type of sociopath (ahem, Casey, Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking, etc etc etc etc) to just deflect all that and keep going. It would take a pretty strong character to be able to do that - and so far, I don't see Mr. Carter as having much strength of character at all. So in my mind (which changes often and is often wrong :) ) I'm down to two scenarios - either JC is guilty only of being a somewhat slow, stoned delivery guy, OR he is a premediated murderer. I just think if it were an accidental "snapped" sort of situation, someone like JC would have cracked by now.

Unless - this new silence is him cracking? See - I'm changing my mind already!

What does everyone think? Just assuming for a minute that he was involved in murder - could someone like JC really withstand the pressure if he really were just a good ol' boy who snapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861