GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense atty is saying that if she was making cognizant choices and she didnt affirmatively say no, she was consenting. It's the defense we expected. They will continue to try and indicate that because she was a risk taker and she had consumed alcohol or drugs in the past, she deserved it and that it was reasonable for the boys to believe that she welcomed what they did to her.

These boys are going down in flames, because clearly she wasnt making cognizant choices. The gift these boys received was from the prior judge who opted to transfer the case to juvenile court. They are out of favors-they should plead. I dont think this defense atty is doing anyone any favors. JMO.

ETA: One of the commentators from the article Elly Mae linked indicated that Madison just torpedoed his own case by stating her silence that night indicated consent. Her silence. Yeah...her passed out puking silence.

Shouldn't have to subscribe first. I tried it both logged in and out and can see the comments.

Thank you, FlyerFan! :seeya:

I didn't see the arrow to the right before... :blushing:

Read them now.... Interesting points of view... Wouldn't you say?

:banghead:

http://www.wtrf.com/story/21596204/...eld-on-eve-of-rape-trial#.UT-6IhRb_gQ.twitter

"Hancock County Hearing Held on Eve of Rape Trial
Posted: Mar 12, 2013 3:12 PM PDT Updated: Mar 12, 2013 3:12 PM PDT

Hancock County, W.Va. -

West Virginia Circuit Judge Ronald Wilson will hold a hearing at 8 p.m. Tuesday in Hancock County concerning three teens testimony in the Steubenville Rape trial.

This past Friday Judge Wilson rejected requests that the West Virginia juveniles be required to testify, but an attorney for one of the defendants took the issue to the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals.

They referred to the state's Uniform Act, which many states have to compel witnesses to cross state lines.

West Virginia law requires the circuit court to set a hearing which is what will take place tonight.

Judge Wilson will rule tonight whether the three will be compelled to testify in the delinquency hearing on the criminal complaint of rape .
"

via Twitter:

Natalie Herbick ‏@Natalie_Herbick (WTOV9 News Anchor)

Judge Wilson has ruled that all three material witnesses, including accuser will be testifying during the #rapetrial I #Steubenville

I sat on a jury in a criminal trial involving underage drinking and drunk driving. 5 teens in the front seat of a pickup truck that rolled several times and resulted in loss of consciousness for one or more passengers. The one teen injured the most testified that they were all drinking and knew the driver was intoxicated. She was ostracized and vilified. The driver refused to give breath or blood tests. His father testified on his behalf that he was a responsible person and his "story" of swerving to miss a deer was most likely to be true.

Without the physical evidence of the blood alcohol levels, one juror would not convict and a mistrial was ruled. Justice is hard to come by in court.

via Twitter:

Natalie Herbick ‏@Natalie_Herbick (WTOV9 News Anchor)

Judge Wilson has ruled that all three material witnesses, including accuser will be testifying during the #rapetrial I #Steubenville

Great, the witness wanted it defense will be in full force. :banghead:

:furious: I need this thread moved to the parking lot. I'm not sure if I will be able to type any posts that don't contain a copious amount of foul language after reading all the BS about consent, flirting meant she wanted sexual acts, etc. I am disgusted that the lawyers, the rapists, and their families are not ashamed at this defense. She didn't say no. w.t.f.
They have all just proved their Neanderthal mentality. Females are not effing objects. Jmho

:furious: I need this thread moved to the parking lot. I'm not sure if I will be able to type any posts that don't contain a copious amount of foul language after reading all the BS about consent, flirting meant she wanted sexual acts, etc. I am disgusted that the lawyers, the rapists, and their families are not ashamed at this defense. She didn't say no. w.t.f.
They have all just proved their Neanderthal mentality. Females are not effing objects. Jmho

Unfortunately, that's standard operating procedure in rape cases. :furious:

I wonder why this isnt considered witness intimidation? The defense is trying to deflect with a pattern. She (maybe) commented in the past that she wanted to have sex with football players. She flirted in the past with football players. She poured alcohol down her own throat. She didnt say no to being raped in front of a room full of people, or digitally penetrated or carried from party to party or (possibly) urinated on, so the boys should be able to get on with their lives.

She was drunk and she couldnt consent. Case closed. I get that the boys have a constitutional right to confront their accusers and present a defense.

But I hope that for every moment of every hour of every day, they know in their very souls that their actions were indefensible and disgusting. And that regardless of whether or not they receive some punishment for all of this, punishment that will never be adequate, they use this moment to make some kind of restitution. Somewhere. That they spend their lives paying back in some way.

This poor court reporter or clerk. They keep zooming in on her, I presume to protect identity of witnesses or something. Looks super awkward, like Garth, when Wayne left the set of Wayne's World in the middle of the show.

Motion to dismiss withdrawn by defense. Adjourning to chambers for hour to an hour & half to settle some other matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637