GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They smeared her everywhere. A few highlights from the trial and the link I supplied:

>>Haidl brought in a veteran Los Angeles *advertiser censored* star to testify that Doe was faking unconsciousness in the video while playing the role of a corpse. Not satisfied, he also paid a New York doctor to claim with all seriousness that Doe didn't need to give oral consent to the gangbang because her rectum had done so when it accepted the insertion of foreign objects<<

The defense team was really special.
Unbelievable. How do they live with themselves?

There are some things that Anon does that I don't agree with but this is not one of them. I am so happy that they put each and every person who was involved in this on blast and created enough of a stir for major MSM to start reporting on it.

Reading and listening to what those disgusting people did to that girl makes me so mad. Every person involved needs to be charged. I don't care if they were just taking pictures, laughing on a video, or even in the car with them, they need to be charged. And anyone who tried to cover it up needs to face some consequences as e=well.

I wonder about the parents of these monstrous kids. Especially if they try to keep them out of trouble for the sake of their "futures". What does that say about the adults? That it is more important that these boys have a blemish-free future than to join in in trying to determine what causes young men to behave and think like monsters? And making sure there is punishment for those who do?

Someone is raising these kids, apparently in such a way that they feel untouchable, coaches, parents, etc. disgusting, scary and likely going on everywhere.

Just a reminder to all of us, including myself, that the policy at WS is that we don't sleuth minors who have not been charged.

This case requires extra caution in that regard.

We're probably going to require some guideance from Admins/Mods as we proceed. :)

I wonder about the parents of these monstrous kids. Especially if they try to keep them out of trouble for the sake of their "futures". What does that say about the adults? That it is more important that these boys have a blemish-free future than to join in in trying to determine what causes young men to behave and think like monsters? And making sure there is punishment for those who do?

Someone is raising these kids, apparently in such a way that they feel untouchable, coaches, parents, etc. disgusting, scary and likely going on everywhere.
Me too! But when I sit and think about it - its possible that some (not all) but some of these "upstanding fine young teenage football stars" know how to act, what to say, what NOT to say, around their parents or parents of friends. Then, once out of sight - well.......................

If a parent doesn't "see" any flags, signs, whatever - then what? I know I know I know - but its there. I remember how sneaky I could be at 16. Now multiply that by 1000.

Of course you then have the "macho" father figures that, even when hearing about something will chalk it up to boys being boys and "remember what we did back then" type mentality.

Learning right from wrong, compassion, empathy, etc. is what every single human being does. Although the learning comes in very different ways.

Did these boys know right from wrong? OF COURSE! Did they care? NOPE - I believe that is where we need to focus the parenting.

I hope the parents of the boys in the video that were trying to make the others "see" what they were doing and saying is wrong commend them. We need more like them. Although in the video they were pretty much chastized for even trying to mention the "wrong" of what was going on.

JMHO

Interesting wording of last statement - the student was only in attendance through Dec. 12.

hhhmmm..................was that when winter break started or before?

I wanna know if he's in attendance when the next semester starts.

JMHO

I looked at the academic calendar for OSU and 12/12 was the last day of the Fall 2012 semester.

But it's weird that they say "only through" because even during breaks, you are still a student at college.

Lots of background information on the town.

Rape Case Unfolds on Web and Splits City
By JULIET MACUR and NATE SCHWEBER
Published: December 16, 2012
STEUBENVILLE, Ohio

Some in the crowd, which would grow to close to 50 people, arrived with beer. Those who did not were met by cases of it and a makeshift bar of vodka, rum and whiskey, all for the taking, no identification needed. In a matter of no time, many of the partygoers — many of them were high school athletes — were imbibing from red plastic cups inside the home of a volunteer football coach at Steubenville High at what would be the first of several parties that night.

<modsnip>

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/s...es-steubenville-ohio.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

There are some things that Anon does that I don't agree with but this is not one of them. I am so happy that they put each and every person who was involved in this on blast and created enough of a stir for major MSM to start reporting on it.

Reading and listening to what those disgusting people did to that girl makes me so mad. Every person involved needs to be charged. I don't care if they were just taking pictures, laughing on a video, or even in the car with them, they need to be charged. And anyone who tried to cover it up needs to face some consequences as e=well.

This case is horrific and all of the people involved make me sick.

However, the BBM is scary, imo. People who laugh at these things are depraved individuals. Someone said earlier that if they can laugh at this, they are beyond help, and I agree. But charging anyone and everyone is going way too far. I, for one, don't want to live in a country where people might be prosecuted for having an unpopular opinion or for just being your all-around regular kind of jerk.

Now that they have been outed publicly, I'm sure they will face some form of punishment by society and likely won't live this down anytime soon.

The videographer of the now infamous N<modsnip> is said to be a person other than Hanlin's son.

It's not clear, but there may be another video shot by her son which may or may not be out there somewhere.

It does appear to be clear to me that Hanlin's son was present for at least some of the events of that night. I base my opinion about that on a screenshot of one of his contemporary tweets.

I think the the OP was referring to a video of one of the rapes, not the one of MN. It was supposedly on one of the kid's cell phones (and uploaded to youtube at one time)...it just happened to be lost once the police chief confiscated the kid's phones and the online posts were deleted. I'm hoping either the blogger or Anonymous has a copy in safekeeping.

IMO, the FBI needs to investigate corruption by city (and possibly state) officials over this incident. The DA did her best to try to scare the girl's parents out of reporting it - other officials are suspected of intimidation and in some cases interfering in the case by destroying evidence themselves or instructing kids involved in how to do that. I am not too hopeful of locals accomplishing a thing regarding policing their own in this ...

I know it's been brought up before, but I am flabbergasted that NOBODY who knew this was going on (not just the rapists) even called 911 so the police could come. During a "party" it would be very easy to make the call on a cellphone and nobody there would even know.

This case is horrific and all of the people involved make me sick.

However, the BBM is scary, imo. People who laugh at these things are depraved individuals. Someone said earlier that if they can laugh at this, they are beyond help, and I agree. But charging anyone and everyone is going way too far. I, for one, don't want to live in a country where people might be prosecuted for having an unpopular opinion or for just being your all-around regular kind of jerk.

Now that they have been outed publicly, I'm sure they will face some form of punishment by society and likely won't live this down anytime soon.

Wouldn't they be accessories to a crime? It is one thing to laugh at a joke, but rape is a crime.

Like many of you, I am sitting back waiting for more charges to be brought. Like production and dissemination of child *advertiser censored* if there really were pictures and video passed around.

I looked at the academic calendar for OSU and 12/12 was the last day of the Fall 2012 semester.

But it's weird that they say "only through" because even during breaks, you are still a student at college.

It is very weird; especially if he was there on a scholarship. Scholarships typically go from the beginning of the fall semester through the end of the spring semester. The same thing goes for student financial aid.

Wouldn't they be accessories to a crime? It is one thing to laugh at a joke, but rape is a crime.

Yes if they were there, I agree with you. I guess I was just talking about idiots commenting on twitter or whatever. People who weren't there but making stupid comments.

I find the kids who were there, saw it, and did nothing to be almost as scary as the perpetrators themselves. What kind of human sees such a thing and stands back and does nothing???? I can't even tell you how incredibly disappointed i would be, horrified is more like it, if I found out my child was there and did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parzval