GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, this is a gang related and has been going on for decades.

BBM-if they reached out to LE or called her family during this event, I will totally agree with you.

I sense that no one wants this to go to trial, but that is jmvho. I doubt that poor child is even slightly interested in testifying about something so horrific, whatever she can or cannot remember.

I think the drop to juvie is to prepare for a plea and a record that will be expunged in just a few years. So that their football dreams and college dreams can be preserved.

As for the adults-in the court of public opinion their days are numbered, starting with the adult whose email was hacked revealing the *advertiser censored*. I am certain it has been shipped off to the FBI to determine, if possible, the age of the women in the photos.

BBM
If that’s how this case ends up, I truly hope that the victim brings a civil lawsuit against the defendants and/or their parents. Hit them extremely hard in the wallet. Unfortunately, this may be the only way to get true justice in this case.

FYI...

I was just organizing my notes of this horrid situation... Trying to understand/remember the "players" involved....

when my DH walked in from grocery shopping... Telling me..."Dear, "your case" (meaning Steubenville case) is on Bill Carroll... KFI..." which is a Radio station... Widely listened to!

Just wanted to let you all know... It has hit MSM..... (Even though I know you knew this!)

JMO

"Boys will be boys."
"She was drunk and probably wanted it."
Anyone who says that needs to stop and think. If these boys are supported and believe there is nothing wrong, then they don't need to stop it. So the next time they decide to get someone too drunk- to consent or refuse, and have sex with them, who should they choose? Your 16 yo daughter? You really think your little girl wouldn't take alchol from an alleged "football hero?" LOL, if you believe that you are most likely deluded. But let's say you are one of those lucky parents whose daughter wouldn't take a drink from a popular school "hero." There is always rohypnol or GB. Same results but easier to administer. But that would be ok wouldn't it? You wouldn't mind your little girl contributing to the school spirit would you?

And where does it end? Maybe the next available girl when they get the urge, will be 13. Your 13 year old maybe. Still ok?

If you approve the behavior, if you can accept it, if you can condone it, if you can excuse it be prepared for your own little girl to be subjected to it.

Football is a game. Rape is a crime. I don't care how good they are at the game. Crime is real life and affects real people.

I wonder if MCN noted above will be keeping his Ohio scholarship?

Hmmmm?

:) I would think that there is something in the code that would prohibit giving scholarship money to someone who confesses to a felony on video, and then makes fun of the victim. Just guessing.

I am also guessing that he really doesnt think it is very funny anymore. Remember the Bus Monitor video?

I think the parents of these kids should re read the media on that story and think about starting with an apology.

An apology? I am confused. An apology for rape?

:) I would think that there is something in the code that would prohibit giving scholarship money to someone who confesses to a felony on video, and then makes fun of the victim. Just guessing.

I am also guessing that he really doesnt think it is very funny anymore. Remember the Bus Monitor video?

I think the parents of these kids should re read the media on that story and think about starting with an apology.

Yes... He probably isn't giggling anymore...:no:

and I am certain he feels very sorry... Sorry that he got caught, that is! :anguish:

I hope this girl's family takes this evidence (and any other evidence) to "higher authorities" and can get some sort of justice. Not that it will help the girl, but it would help my anger!

BBM-if they reached out to LE or called her family during this event, I will totally agree with you.

I sense that no one wants this to go to trial, but that is jmvho. I doubt that poor child is even slightly interested in testifying about something so horrific, whatever she can or cannot remember.

I think the drop to juvie is to prepare for a plea and a record that will be expunged in just a few years. So that their football dreams and college dreams can be preserved.

As for the adults-in the court of public opinion their days are numbered, starting with the adult whose email was hacked revealing the *advertiser censored*. I am certain it has been shipped off to the FBI to determine, if possible, the age of the women in the photos.

A simple google search is SOP in college and sports circles. This will never go away for these guys expunged or not. This has been and will continue to be talked about in the news and on the internet. They will most likely be crippled by it in the future, in one way or another, imo.

I do feel like I am in a time warp as this is so much like the Haidl case.
Jane Doe revealed herself after remaining anonymous for many years and gave an interview not too long ago. I will post for reference and it is an interesting glimpse into the other side of the story. The defense really tried to destroy her. Truly a good read:

http://www.ocweekly.com/2012-04-26/news/jane-doe-greg-haidl-gang-rape/

Jane Doe was sitting in a Southern California community-college classroom when her criminal-justice professor ignited a debate about the infamous 2002 Haidl gang rape that won international attention. Three young men (then ages 17 and 18) got a then-16-year-old girl intoxicated on booze and marijuana to the point of unconsciousness, stripped her, and then videotaped their sexual assault at a Pacific Ocean-view, Corona del Mar home. With misogynistic rap as a soundtrack, they threw her limp body on a pool table and, in a despicable coup de grâce, repeatedly shoved a Snapple bottle, apple-juice can, lit cigarette and a pool stick into her vagina and anus.

We'd never know about the sensational crime except that Greg Haidl, the filmmaker/participant and the son of an ultra-wealthy assistant sheriff, clumsily lost his homemade *advertiser censored* after proudly showing it to friends. Eventually, the 21-minute film made its way to police, who initially believed they'd discovered a bizarre case of necrophilia. The arrests of Haidl, Kyle Nachreiner and Keith Spann began an intense, eight-year court battle that ended with convictions and six-year prison sentences—and created a political earthquake from which Orange County is still recovering.

snip

Your typical rape victim endures enormous pain, but what Doe experienced was unforgivable. In addition to the intimidation campaign and the embarrassing national exposure, she had to sit for hours in the witness chair while Haidl's defense lawyers called her names and played (and replayed) on courtroom monitors a video of her vaginal and anal exam after the crime. Private investigators parked in front of her house and tailed her parents to work. According to law-enforcement sources, Haidl's emissaries offered secret deals to buy her silence.
Much more at link

The voices for this young girl need to be louder, and they need to be around the nation.

There are hashtags on twitter to show support, but I haven't seen this AT ALL in media, other than a few small outlets. I am trying to get big media, CBS, NBC to pick this up as we speak.

This story has a Friday Night Lights feel to it, and as women, and as mothers, we have to rise up and make a statement here - THIS IS NOT OKAY!
Drudge has now picked it up. It's finally getting legs with it being on HuffPo, the NYTimes, Daily Mail, etc. Need to continue to press for coverage, though.

A simple google search is SOP in college and sports circles. This will never go away for these guys expunged or not. This has been and will continue to be talked about in the news and on the internet. They will most likely be crippled by it in the future, in one way or another, imo.

I do feel like I am in a time warp as this is so much like the Haidl case.
Jane Doe revealed herself after remaining anonymous for many years and gave an interview not too long ago. I will post for reference and it is an interesting glimpse into the other side of the story. The defense really tried to destroy her. Truly a good read:

http://www.ocweekly.com/2012-04-26/news/jane-doe-greg-haidl-gang-rape/

Jane Doe was sitting in a Southern California community-college classroom when her criminal-justice professor ignited a debate about the infamous 2002 Haidl gang rape that won international attention. Three young men (then ages 17 and 18) got a then-16-year-old girl intoxicated on booze and marijuana to the point of unconsciousness, stripped her, and then videotaped their sexual assault at a Pacific Ocean-view, Corona del Mar home. With misogynistic rap as a soundtrack, they threw her limp body on a pool table and, in a despicable coup de grâce, repeatedly shoved a Snapple bottle, apple-juice can, lit cigarette and a pool stick into her vagina and anus.

We'd never know about the sensational crime except that Greg Haidl, the filmmaker/participant and the son of an ultra-wealthy assistant sheriff, clumsily lost his homemade *advertiser censored* after proudly showing it to friends. Eventually, the 21-minute film made its way to police, who initially believed they'd discovered a bizarre case of necrophilia. The arrests of Haidl, Kyle Nachreiner and Keith Spann began an intense, eight-year court battle that ended with convictions and six-year prison sentences—and created a political earthquake from which Orange County is still recovering.

snip

Your typical rape victim endures enormous pain, but what Doe experienced was unforgivable. In addition to the intimidation campaign and the embarrassing national exposure, she had to sit for hours in the witness chair while Haidl's defense lawyers called her names and played (and replayed) on courtroom monitors a video of her vaginal and anal exam after the crime. Private investigators parked in front of her house and tailed her parents to work. According to law-enforcement sources, Haidl's emissaries offered secret deals to buy her silence.
Much more at link

I remember this case now that you describe the Jane Doe. I thought she was absolutely amazing. I couldnt have put a face to her attackers to save my life, but I remember her.

<modsnip>

KnightSec is the group of anon that is heading this campign (iread they are a girl anon group). I read knightSec's twitter this morning. I guess a lot of these family members ( of the boys) have taken to twitter to basically call out anon. Then they locked their accounts down. HAHAHA, yeah...that lasted like 2 seconds. Anon then posted twitter pictures of Michael N...in his dorm room....with a gun laying by his feet. It was a pure smack down.

I remember this case now that you describe the Jane Doe. I thought she was absolutely amazing. I couldnt have put a face to her attackers to save my life, but I remember her.

They smeared her everywhere. A few highlights from the trial and the link I supplied:

>>Haidl brought in a veteran Los Angeles *advertiser censored* star to testify that Doe was faking unconsciousness in the video while playing the role of a corpse. Not satisfied, he also paid a New York doctor to claim with all seriousness that Doe didn't need to give oral consent to the gangbang because her rectum had done so when it accepted the insertion of foreign objects<<

The defense team was really special.

This has shades of Penn State with all the cover up and complicity. :eek: :crazy:

This has shades of Penn State with all the cover up and complicity. :eek: :crazy:

Yes, it does. And the punishment should be far and wide. This is so sad and so unbelievable.

It's like a pack of bitbulls in a frenzy; and I bet it has been going on for years (perhaps something like - like father, like son).

I pray that the other victims come forward and pull together because there is no way I believe that this is the first time.

Evil, purely evil.

JMO/MOO

interesting to follow the tweets

https://twitter.com/KYAnonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics