GUILTY OH - Steubenville Rape Case, 11 Aug 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed this earlier... but the party that night was held at at least two Assistant Coaches homes?? Adults were the ones actually throwing this house-to-house party for these kids? Minors actively and knowingly participating in drugs, alcohol consumption, and sex? An assistant coach, whose house was one of the stops, actually seen how bad of shape this girl was in and didn't call police that instant? Instead, allowing the boys to carry her off to the next house?

And why are these two adult men not charged with crimes??? This just gets worse and worse. My God!

The two rapist already charged in this case have probably been promised dropped charges if they keep their mouths shut and don't give up the names of the other rapists involved.

Maybe I missed this earlier... but the party that night was held at at least two Assistant Coaches homes?? Adults were the ones actually throwing this house-to-house party for these kids? Minors actively and knowingly participating in drugs, alcohol consumption, and sex? An assistant coach, whose house was one of the stops, actually seen how bad of shape this girl was in and didn't call police that instant? Instead, allowing the boys to carry her off to the next house?

And why are these two adult men not charged with crimes??? This just gets worse and worse. My God!
This is the most complete article - includes everything about that night and a whole lot of background on the "adults" involved. It also has the 12 minute video of the kid embedded. I do believe this is the anonymous report that they released. But it is very complete!

http://localleaks.blogs.ru/

I know it's been brought up before, but I am flabbergasted that NOBODY who knew this was going on (not just the rapists) even called 911 so the police could come. During a "party" it would be very easy to make the call on a cellphone and nobody there would even know.

But apparently the police are enablers- I'm not sure anyone there thought it could do much good, other than to piss people off and turn this twisted bullying onto them or their family.

In a normal town, I agree... but it seems like these kids had seen LE and those adults they were supposed to be able to trust to mentor them turning a blind eye :(

Pretty sad it takes a group of hackers to blow up their spot! It shouldn't have to take citizens to commit crimes of hacking to push for justice. What is this world coming to??

The Ohio High School Athletic Association should be required to investigate this further as well. One would think somewhere in their players' code of conduct there is some type of language about acting morally and ethically, but then again maybe not?

I didn't see an update on this case so here we go--a subgroup of the hacker group Anonymous has pretty much outed those involved in the rape and video.

I'm linking to an article that doesn't name anyone to make sure I don't violate TOS here, but if you Google "anonymous steubenville" you will find links with detailed information and links to the actual documents.

http://www.wtrf.com/story/20418079/anonymous-hacks-steubenville-football-site-makes-threats

This man is disgusting! He is not only trying to justify his inaction but his inability to prosecute those that have perpetrated the extreme physical and now since she has read about it, emotional abuse/rape of this young girl.

For him to say he is still "Proud" of his bulls, means to me that he should be prosecuted, if not sued by the family, as all the other 'boys' involved.

This is utterly disgusting as a whole, for not only the school system, the police force, but the state as a whole!

I may sound vindictive right now, but I hope all these "promising' young athletes with scholarships to college programs get revoked. At least until everything is FULLY investigated!

Going to add, if these college programs STILL take these boys on with scholarships, there will be a HUGE boycott to their programs, at least I would like to think.

WOW - I just "sat in" on that whole show with Sheriff Abdalla. OMG.

Only new fact I learned was that there is "one" (not the 2 we know of - this is a 3rd) charged with child *advertiser censored*. Abdalla said they (LE) confiscated 3 cell phones - they got really 'nothing' of off two of them but the 3rd had 2 still pictures of the victim - nude and that person was charged with child *advertiser censored*. Interesting - no? First I've heard of anyone being charged with child *advertiser censored*.

He also said that even though this is an on-going investigation - there will be no one else charged with anything. I thought that odd.

But, then again - there is a whole bunch more things he said that I thought was "odd".

JMHO

I just think any of the guys in the "rape crew" would be such a huge liability , anywhere!!! I would not want them on my campus, my work room, my gym, my bar, et al.

As for the jurisdiction questions. He (Abdalla) said that the victim's parents originally went to SPD. SPD took the complaint and during their investigation found out that the crime was actually commited outside the city limits - which now puts it in the sheriff's jurisdiction. He was called in - BUT by the time they (SPD) called him in - they (SPD) already had the case "wrapped up" - his words.

I tried to get the question about the 12 minute video. He said, in the beginning that the first time he had ever seen that video was 2 days ago. THEN later on, he said that the SPD had that video back in August. So, I guess (I'm assuming) that when SPD called him back in August - he never bothered to review anything they had done to "wrap up" the case? Oh, he also said that SPD had interviewed 59 people and he just didn't "see the need" to re-interview 59 people since SPD already had the case "wrapped up".

Confused? :waitasec:

Me too!!!

JMHO

I asked why the kidnapping charges were dropped. Abdalla said that was decided in the courtoom back in August - (or October) when they presented evidence and questioned people and the judge (I guess) decided to withdraw the kidnapping charges. He never answered about why it was moved back to juvenile court though.

This whole thing STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!!!!!

I can't believe this sheriff is going on internet radio talking about an on-going investigation. VERY VERY unprofessional - and, I think, he's gonna be back on tomorrow night too.

JMHO

Another thing about the 12 min video - the comments about SPD having it back in August but he didn't see it until 2 days ago was early in the show.

It was later in the show when he talked about the 3 cell phones that were taken. Nothing found on 2 - 2 pix found on the 3rd. Ok. So, where did SPD get that video from back in August? Betcha I know!!!! Didn't the girl's parents bring a zip drive with them when they first went to LE? I kinda remember reading that. And I betcha that's where SPD got that video from - yet they never bothered to track it down from there? Huh?

:waitasec: My fingers are even getting confused. :crazy:

JMHO

Nemann also told CNN that the alleged victim sent his client a text message a few days after the purported attack. "I know you didn't rape me," it read, according to Nemann. He declined to show CNN the message.
When asked why he thought the alleged victim might send such a message, Nemann answered: "Because I don't think she thinks she was raped."
Robert Fitzsimmons, attorney for the alleged victim, declined to comment on the alleged message and the widely circulated photograph.

Nemann also said that prosecutors gave letters to three teens who testified at the early hearing, telling them they wouldn't be prosecuted if they testified about what they'd done. Attorney General DeWine previously told CNN that prosecutors offered no deals. It was not immediately clear whether Nemann and DeWine differed on the existence of such letters, or on their definitions of "deal."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/justice/ohio-rape-online-video/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

WOW - I just "sat in" on that whole show with Sheriff Abdalla. OMG.

Only new fact I learned was that there is "one" (not the 2 we know of - this is a 3rd) charged with child *advertiser censored*. Abdalla said they (LE) confiscated 3 cell phones - they got really 'nothing' of off two of them but the 3rd had 2 still pictures of the victim - nude and that person was charged with child *advertiser censored*. Interesting - no? First I've heard of anyone being charged with child *advertiser censored*.

He also said that even though this is an on-going investigation - there will be no one else charged with anything. I thought that odd.

But, then again - there is a whole bunch more things he said that I thought was "odd".

JMHO

BBM

Finally, we are getting somewhere. I have been wondering why there are no Federal charges here. Underage girl, distribution of video, there could be more, just been wondering this since the news broke. Maybe only one can be charged with the *advertiser censored* since only one took it and put it on the internet? IDK. I do know that sometimes the charges will remain in lower Court and not be Federal to take care of the more pressing charges, in this case, rape. Guess we have to see how this goes now that it is getting a lot of attention.

For those earlier who were concerned about the disgusting N<modsnip> guy - he says in the video that her vagina was dry, and talks about anally raping her. Sounded like an admission to me.

I do not have exact minutes - not gonna watch the vid again. If you are that concerned for him, you can watch again and listen for those parts.

This is starting to remind me of an old case here in Mass, the Big Dan's Tavern rape case. It was also made into a movie with Jodie Foster.

I was very young at the time, so details might be hazy, but the victim was gang raped, and there was question of who she was raped by, and whether some of the men were "just" standing and watching and CHEERING on the rape :)puke:).

Either in the movie, or real life, the cheering men were charged with incitement, or charged as accessories, I forget which. But something.

My point is - even if it cannot be proven that this N<modsnip> guy raped the Steubenville victim (though to my ears, it sounds like he made an admission), or any of the other unchharged guys, why are they not being charged with something like incitement, or being accessories? They not only stood there and watched, and cheered and reveled in the raping of this girl, they also videoed it, photographed it, and passed along those videos and photos.

The Big Dans case happened in, I think, 85 or so. It is hard to believe that almost 30 years later this disgusting attitude towards women, towards rape victims, still exists.

BBM

Finally, we are getting somewhere. I have been wondering why there are no Federal charges here. Underage girl, distribution of video, there could be more, just been wondering this since the news broke. Maybe only one can be charged with the *advertiser censored* since only one took it and put it on the internet? IDK. I do know that sometimes the charges will remain in lower Court and not be Federal to take care of the more pressing charges, in this case, rape. Guess we have to see how this goes now that it is getting a lot of attention.

Anon said that everything the sheriff said on that interview was a lie. The twitter war happened last night. The sheriff threating anon and anon constantly releasing "uh oh" information on the sheriff. I think the sheriff picked the wrong group to have a war of words with. If the information released was true, I would suspect hearing about the sheriff quitting. From listening to this sheriff, it is my opinion, he really doesn't need to be a sheriff.

From the CNN article above, it is my understanding that when this first happened, 3 of the boys were offered a deal to testify against the 2 that are charged now. Maybe that is why nobody else has been charged?? A deal!:banghead:

There is a huge protest today. On twitter, there are hundreds of people car pooling from all over going to it at 11am today. They have a DJ and tons of donations of food and coffee. Also, there are reports of supporters for the alledged rapist being there. I hope everybody stays peaceful. Tons of media are already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel