OH - Todd Morgan, 41, murdered in his home, Cleveland State professor, shot in head/torso - Hudson, 19 Apr 2023

ssn774

Reaction score

In a statement, Cleveland State University’s president, Dr. Laura Bloomberg, described Morgan as a kind, dedicated colleague and a skilled educator.

“He (Morgan) was well-liked and respected by students, appreciated for his down-to-earth demeanor and very well regarded by those who guided him in his own career,” the statement read. “I understand that the loss of a member of our community is difficult and will come as a shock, especially to those who knew and worked most closely with Todd.”

“Neighbors of Morgan said the man kept to himself and was the father of two young children.

Neighbor Kent Both said Thursday that two Hudson police vehicles were still at the residence when he decided to inquire about the incident.

He said Morgan hadn't lived at the West Streetsboro Street home for long.

"I think he moved in maybe six to eight months ago," Both said.

Summit County property records show Morgan purchased the home in February 2022. The property has an extended front yard and access to a private pond in the backyard, which contains a small greenhouse and garden plots.

Both said he hadn't seen Morgan often, but encountered him outside smoking once.

"I never got to meet him," he said.

Both said he spoke with a neighbor who believe he had heard shots fired in Morgan's residence. Hudson police are not currently discussing details of the investigation.

"He heard two shots — two at first, then another three," Both said.

Both's neighbor told him they saw a vehicle in Morgan's driveway before police arrived.

"They saw someone coming out of the house and then (they) went back in," Both said.”

Both's neighbor told him they saw a vehicle in Morgan's driveway before police arrived.

"They saw someone coming out of the house and then (they) went back in," Both said.”
Snipped & BBM.

Wow, this sounds like an assassination. IMO someone clearly wanted Morgan dead — the question is who and why?

Does anyone know if he was married, or otherwise partnered? How old are they children, and did they live with him, or elsewhere?

This definitely sounds like something done by somebody who knew him.
He lived alone, apparently a welfare check was requested after he didn’t show up at school to pick up his child, so it sounds like he may have had joint custody.

“Neighbors of Morgan said the man kept to himself and was the father of two young children.

Neighbor Kent Both said Thursday that two Hudson police vehicles were still at the residence when he decided to inquire about the incident.

He said Morgan hadn't lived at the West Streetsboro Street home for long.

"I think he moved in maybe six to eight months ago," Both said.

Summit County property records show Morgan purchased the home in February 2022. The property has an extended front yard and access to a private pond in the backyard, which contains a small greenhouse and garden plots.

Both said he hadn't seen Morgan often, but encountered him outside smoking once.

"I never got to meet him," he said.

Both said he spoke with a neighbor who believe he had heard shots fired in Morgan's residence. Hudson police are not currently discussing details of the investigation.

he bought the home in Feb. 2022 but didn't move in until 6-8 months ago according to the neighbour ... so who was living there (previous renters?) previous renters could have a grudge if they were 'renovicted' or was he doing renovations for that entire time?

he bought the home in Feb. 2022 but didn't move in until 6-8 months ago according to the neighbour ... so who was living there (previous renters?) previous renters could have a grudge if they were 'renovicted' or was he doing renovations for that entire time?
That's a possibility that hadn't even crossed my mind, but it would totally make sense!

Also, he's a (single? I think?) parent to two children, per the article, and perhaps he did not want to make them move into a new house (not sure if they'd be in the same school district or not) before they'd finished out their own school year? Given how difficult the US housing market has been for buyers of late, I could understand if he just purchased the home when it was available with the foreknowledge he and his kids wouldn't actually be moving into the home until months later.

Last edited:
That's a possibility that hadn't even crossed my mind, but it would totally make sense!

Also, he's a (single? I think?) parent to two children, per the article, and perhaps he did not want to make them move into a new house (not sure if they'd be in the same school district or not) before they'd finished out their own school year? Given how difficult the US housing market has been for buyers of late, I could understand if he just purchased the home when it was available with the foreknowledge he and his kids wouldn't actually be moving into the home until months later.
For a moment there, I thought you were going to suggest a person he outbid for the house was the perp. Which might not be that unlikely.....

I'll throw in some more ideas:
--he's in a tenure-track job; shot by a losing candidate
--the term is ending: was he on someone's doctoral/masters committee?
--did he give a student a grade that would have prevented them from getting into a high-end biz school for an MBA?

I’m a close relative of Todd, no additional information has been released to the public but the police have leads. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll tell you what I can
God Bless you and your family, especially Todd's two young daughters, during this horrible time.

Please know that we are all sickened by this senseless crime and want justice for Todd and his family.

I hope that the local, county, and state police are working together non-stop and checking out all possible evidence to capture and convict this cowardly murderer.

Hey everyone,

Please Welcome @Downtherabbithole89 to this discussion. Our hearts truly go out to them and all family members and friends who loved Todd.

We have invited Downtherabbithole89 to apply for verification and will announce on the thread as soon as they are approved as a family member.

Thank you to everyone, and especially Downtherabbithole89, for being here to discuss this case with a view to seeing justice for Todd, and to see whoever is responsible held accountable for this tragic and senseless crime.

Sillybilly
WS Admin

Welcome @Yourbestfriend,

Members who have inside information about a case must be Verified by Websleuths to post. Posts containing inside information have been removed pending verification.

Information as to why Websleuths has this process in place, and how to apply, can be found at the following link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Please note, there are NO verified insiders on this thread at this time. As such, only what has been reported in MSM and via LE releases can be discussed. That will change should either of these new members choose to become verified.

Welcome @Yourbestfriend,

Members who have inside information about a case must be Verified by Websleuths to post. Posts containing inside information have been removed pending verification.

Information as to why Websleuths has this process in place, and how to apply, can be found at the following link:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Please note, there are NO verified insiders on this thread at this time. As such, only what has been reported in MSM and via LE releases can be discussed. That will change should either of these new members choose to become verified.
I applied for verification. Thank you.

I hate to go there, but I’d like to know what the custody situation was like, when the divorce took place (if there was one), if it was acrimonious. No finger pointing or sleuthing…just having been around here on WS long enough to know that when we see a violent, targeted murder of this sort, the explanation is usually quite close to home. My bet is on this being resolved quickly. Heartbroken for the two little girls who lost not just their dad but likely their whole world.

I hate to go there, but I’d like to know what the custody situation was like, when the divorce took place (if there was one), if it was acrimonious. No finger pointing or sleuthing…just having been around here on WS long enough to know that when we see a violent, targeted murder of this sort, the explanation is usually quite close to home. My bet is on this being resolved quickly. Heartbroken for the two little girls who lost not just their dad but likely their whole world.
I agree on this, but also.... We've had a lot of academics getting murdered!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back