Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Beverly England's hair is draped on her face could make it appear as if she has strong cheek bones, but I'm not so sure they are all that prominent.

It's not so much that Beverly's cheekboness are prominent as it is that Buckskin Girl's cheekbones lack prominence. You can see it more on her right side that her cheekbones don't extend at all beyond her temple or even much beyond the outer edge of her eye socket.

But that is JMHO - Don't let me dissuade you from pursuing it if you think there is something there.

Did anyone ever submit the Rains girl, Teresa? I thought she was worth submitting.

Here's the side-by-side on Teresa Raines.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rains_theresa.html

2166192200045078242S425x425Q851_zps21903063.jpg

Carl,

I submitted Theresa Rains last year and she was not a match. I thought I was on to something with her too!! Let me find the thread that I posted that on about her...

I know I submitted Teresa to Rocky Wells at the Doe Network, and I am almost positive that he said she wasn't a match, (but I can't find his email that he sent me back)

The Oakland PD never emailed me back..

If someone else wants to submit just to double check feel free to!!

It's not so much that Beverly's cheekboness are prominent as it is that Buckskin Girl's cheekbones lack prominence. You can see it more on her right side that her cheekbones don't extend at all beyond her temple or even much beyond the outer edge of her eye socket.

But that is JMHO - Don't let me dissuade you from pursuing it if you it think there is something there.

Thanks, Carl, I do see what you are saying. The one thing that keeps me pursuing this, and I do think I will submit Beverly today, is that it was mentioned that Buckskin girl has a horizontal scar on her chin, and it appears Beverly does too. That's enough to give this a try IMHO.

I have now given the Chaffee County Sheriff's office a call re: Beverly as possible match for Buckskin Jane. Am waiting on one of their dectives to call me back. I will post any updates.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2599dfco.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133ufoh.html

Bummer. Chaffee County has dentals on Beverly England, and the detective let me know they do not match Buckskin Jane. Back to the drawing board.

People would do well to check eye colour before submitting matches. I believe the jane doe had brown eyes not blue.

Here is a side-view of Buckskin Girl that I had never seen before, along with a much clearer frontal view.

I am not sure if the photos were just posted, or if I just missed them, but I had never seen them in NamUs before.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

The side view gives you a much different perspective of what she looked like. I didn't realize that she had such a pointy nose.

They also have a real clear photo of the buckskin jacket. I guess that means that I will have to revise the full-bodied reconstruction of her.

BTW justthinkin, as you get rule-outs from L.E. you should update our "Ruled Out" thread.

... and another thing - The dental charts say that she was missing her upper right front tooth (#8) antemortem (i.e., before she died), and she only had one tooth restoration (although they neglected to note which tooth was restored). So you can exclude any possibles that indicate multiple fillings or no missing teeth .

Here is a side-view of Buckskin Girl that I had never seen before, along with a much clearer frontal view.

I am not sure if the photos were just posted, or if I just missed them, but I had never seen them in NamUs before.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4790

The side view gives you a much different perspective of what she looked like. I didn't realize that she had such a pointy nose.

They also have a real clear photo of the buckskin jacket. I guess that means that I will have to revise the full-bodied reconstruction of her.

BTW justthinkin, as you get rule-outs from L.E. you should update our "Ruled Out" thread.

Wow, just wow. I'd have never guessed her nose was anywhere near that pointy based on the frontal view.

OK ... Here she is in her buckskin jacket. ... and with the right colored sweater.

f63fa215-a2d2-4e58-a361-16efde509286.jpg
8e3c6674-1354-408f-b205-44eff8336e7d.jpg

Unbelievable. I cannot get over how the side view changes her look completely! From the front it looks almost bulbous and with that side it's so defined. Maybe this will be the photo that gets her identified. I know it's changed my way of searching for her completely.

Does her left ear look unusual compared to the right one or is it just me? TIA

WOW Carl! That side view has never been released here, and I haven't ever seen it on any sites I have been too. I agree with everyone else, it really changes her appearence. She looks much more slender, with a more pointy nose, than in the frontal view.

Thank you SO much for posting that, as silly as it sounds it almost makes me want to cry.

They don't even look at all like the same person. Absolutely amazed. From the frontal view she looks like she has much fuller features. The side view shows a pointier nose and almost looks like she has a pronounced overbite...but that could be how they have her lying down.

They don't even look at all like the same person. Absolutely amazed. From the frontal view she looks like she has much fuller features. The side view shows a pointier nose and almost looks like she has a pronounced overbite...but that could be how they have her lying down.

This is a case in point to keep in mind that when looking at postmortem photos, you need to mentally trim an inch or so off the sides of their face. When a person has been dead and on their back for several hours, the skin on their face sags back from the lack of blood pressure in the cheeks and lips.

BTW, it looks like the side view was taken some time before the frontal view, as the side view doesn't reflect the same facial skin sagging as does the frontal. It is also clear that they were taken at different times because, she is on a drain table for the side view, and she is on a different table for the frontal.

I'm thinking that the side view was taken later as her hair looks really short, and doesn't have braids?

I'm thinking that the side view was taken later as her hair looks really short, and doesn't have braids?

The braids are tucked under the back of her head in the side-view.

Has anyone taken a good look at the center picture of Donna Barnhill? The features are similar to Buckskin girl, but the photo quality is poor. I noticed in this photo of Donna that her right earlobe is kind of turned up or odd shaped, similarly to Buckskin girl. The center picture was taken around the time of her disappearance, too bad it wasn't of better quality. Also, Donna is missing from North Carolina, so kinda far away from where Buckskin girl was found. I apologize for not putting up a side-by-side, as I do not know how to do that.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/35dfnc.html

The one thing I notice is the comment that she had never been to a dentist prior to her disappearance.

NamUs indicates one dental restoration (although it doesn't indicate which tooth was restored).

Also, her age (13) seems pretty low. IMO, Buckskin Girl is much older than 13.

I am typing from my iPhone, so I can't help with the side-by-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree