OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

Las Vegas – The executor of O.J. Simpson’s estate says he will work to prevent a payout of a $33.5 million judgment awarded by a California civil jury nearly three decades ago in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Simpson’s will was filed Friday in a Clark County court in Nevada, naming his longtime lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, as the executor. The document shows Simpson’s property was placed into a trust that was created this year...

It's sad that his children will be involved in the legal battles in probate court related to their father's will, but no doubt they have lived most of their lives under the shadow of his infamy. I hope it is settled quickly with justice for the Goldman and Brown families and for the children who are also victims of OJ's life and actions.

"Suitable Monument"
Las Vegas – The executor of O.J. Simpson’s estate says....
snipped for focus @BetteDavisEyes Thx for your post w link.

Another snippet:
"Among LaVergne’s responsibilities as personal representative is to pay for the cost of a “suitable monument” at Simpson’s grave, according to the will."

Executor to PAY.
I wonder if will specifies who is to have decision making authority about the design & cost.
Guessing his children will have input.
Hope there will be harmony among them or at least consensus.

Sometimes celebrity graves, markers, & monuments get vandalized. Or stolen. ETA: Not trying to incite anything, just an observation.

Last edited:
And they feel entitled to hurt and use everyone they are around. Does anyone honestly think that these jerks deserve to be "happy", considering all the misery they dish out? They have more excuses for their kind of meanness than Carter's has little pills. Life is too short to put up with someone who thinks it's OK to treat people like that.
[mod snip]
OMO

I totally agree. They are consumed by resentment at the world. They want to hurt others either an individual to whole nation. Think Gertrude Baniszewski, Lori Drew, OJ Simpson, Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler, or Pol Pot. They will go to great lengths to destroy others at all costs.

I can’t believe how much possessions and money OJ has kept away from satisfying the judgement of 33 millions the Goldmans and Brown family won in the civil case.
He did loose his Brentwood estate. Then he moved to FL which is a state where you can’t take his property. As mentioned above Mike Gilbert filled his trucks to the roof loaded with Oj’s possessions. He was driving out one driveway and the Goldman’s drove in the other. He did this in every property he owned. Well now he regrets it.
He should have been able to take his football pension and everyhouse he owns to satisfy that judgement. Oj Should of been left homeless and penniless!View attachment 496928Now his lawyer who is executing the will is the same way! This man killed their son!
To clarify, in Florida you can't take someone's homestead. You can take other property, including real estate that is not the primary residence. OJ later left Florida for Las Vegas.

Thanks for the info in the second paragraph. I had not realized that domestic violence was also a large problem in that community.
It hadn't occurred to me either until there was a fatal case in my city involving a lesbian couple. The bigger one would get drunk and beat up the smaller one, and eventually killed her.

I read in If I Did It that apparently the civil judgement increases every year it's outstanding (penalties or interest, I think) so I'm not sure if will be even higher by now, or if they froze it at some point?

Also re the question of CTE etc, I'm not an expert but I'd imagine that CTE probably compounded something that was already there. (Eg. a domestic abuser is still an abuser, but the CTE would make them snap quicker or more intensely.) So no, not everyone who has CTE will be violent or abusive - some may be suicidal or depressed or reckless - but it may make a temper worse etc.)

Plus given when OJ played in the NFL there wasn't drug testing for PEDs, you never know if steroid abuse was part of the problem.

I read in If I Did It that apparently the civil judgement increases every year it's outstanding (penalties or interest, I think) so I'm not sure if will be even higher by now, or if they froze it at some point?
snipped for focus. I believe I read that he owed something like $113 million or $133 million with the interest accumulated.

FYI:

Las Vegas – The executor of O.J. Simpson’s estate says he will work to prevent a payout of a $33.5 million judgment awarded by a California civil jury nearly three decades ago in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the families of Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

Simpson’s will was filed Friday in a Clark County court in Nevada, naming his longtime lawyer, Malcolm LaVergne, as the executor. The document shows Simpson’s property was placed into a trust that was created this year...
Absolute filth, if anyone ever thought he had a shred of remorse, i hope they see the truth now

LaVergne said that he is signing off on decisions when the four reach a consensus based on what they know their father would want.

How can the kids even have a say? How was he able to move his assets to a trust if there are secured claims against him? This attorney is just as vile as his client. I do have sympathy for his kids. They were victims of his vile behavior as well.

I tried watching a "panel" with Piers Morgan, Gloria Allred, Jeffrey Toobin (ick), Allen D. (OJ's appellate) lawyer, and some other guy last night. OMG what a farking train wreck. The blood on the socks wasn't planted. Allen D. kept saying that is why the jury let him go. No, the jury let him go because of the injustice of the Rodney King verdict, I have seen interviews with a few jurors that admitted that. The EDTA on the socks argument doesn't fly with me. There is EDTA in laundry soap. The other guy on the "panel" said he thought OJ was guilty, but that the blood was planted on the socks...I seriously wanted to bang my head against a wall. Was Mark FuhrI jman a racist? Yes, but that doesn't mean he or Vannatter planted evidence. My internet went down for some mysterious reason. I think someone knew I was about to have a stroke or something. I can't believe after all these years how bad this case still upsets me.

I wish someone would do right by the Goldman family. They are victims just as much as Nicole's family. This new lawyer is a "special piece of work."

ETA: Arnelle is NEVER going to sign off on giving the Goldman's anything. She was her daddy's biggest cheerleader, even though she KNOWS the truth. I heard that Justin, OJ and Nicole's youngest son relocated to Nevada to take care of his dad. Wonder why Arnelle wasn't the one taking care of him?

I tried watching a "panel" with Piers Morgan, Gloria Allred, Jeffrey Toobin (ick), Allen D. (OJ's appellate) lawyer, and some other guy last night. OMG what a farking train wreck. The blood on the socks wasn't planted. Allen D. kept saying that is why the jury let him go. No, the jury let him go because of the injustice of the Rodney King verdict, I have seen interviews with a few jurors that admitted that. The EDTA on the socks argument doesn't fly with me. There is EDTA in laundry soap. The other guy on the "panel" said he thought OJ was guilty, but that the blood was planted on the socks...I seriously wanted to bang my head against a wall. Was Mark FuhrI jman a racist? Yes, but that doesn't mean he or Vannatter planted evidence. My internet went down for some mysterious reason. I think someone knew I was about to have a stroke or something. I can't believe after all these years how bad this case still upsets me.

I wish someone would do right by the Goldman family. They are victims just as much as Nicole's family. This new lawyer is a "special piece of work."

ETA: Arnelle is NEVER going to sign off on giving the Goldman's anything. She was her daddy's biggest cheerleader, even though she KNOWS the truth. I heard that Justin, OJ and Nicole's youngest son relocated to Nevada to take care of his dad. Wonder why Arnelle wasn't the one taking care of him?
Agree about Arnelle. That was nice to read about Justin moving to Nevada to help his father.
I saw on the news that Sydney changed her name to Sydney Simpson-Brown. I like that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LyssBear93
Back