OK OK - Jamison Family: Truck, IDs and Dog Found Abandoned, Latimer Co, 8 Oct 2009 - #13

Does anyone know if the mother of Sherilyn was still living with them? She said she had been but never reported them missing and wasn't even certain the color of Madyson's hair.

Attachments

• McIntosh_County_Democrat_Thu__Jan_14__2010_.pdf
    399.3 KB · Views: 10
  • The_Daily_Oklahoman_Thu__Nov_28__2013_.pdf
    457.9 KB · Views: 2
Does anyone know if the mother of Sherilyn was still living with them? She said she had been but never reported them missing and wasn't even certain the color of Madyson's hair.
My understanding is that she moved out before they disappeared.

Btw, I'm writing a book about this case and would like to interview or have an informal discussion with anyone who has spent time researching it. I would especially like to speak with OkieGranny about her efforts, but it seems she hasn't been active recently. Is anyone in contact with her or have her email?

Btw, I'm writing a book about this case and would like to interview or have an informal discussion with anyone who has spent time researching it. I would especially like to speak with OkieGranny about her efforts, but it seems she hasn't been active recently. Is anyone in contact with her or have her email?

@OkieGranny

Sadly, we've had some respected, long-time posters pass away in the last year or so -- part of my aging brain thinks OkieGranny is among them?

I'll enjoy being wrong on that one, for certain.

jmho ymmv lrr

@OkieGranny

Sadly, we've had some respected, long-time posters pass away in the last year or so -- part of my aging brain thinks OkieGranny is among them?

I'll enjoy being wrong on that one, for certain.

jmho ymmv lrr

I'm watching the excellent Disappeared series for the first time, and recently caught the S02 episode focusing on the Jamison family. Wow - very odd. Though the bodies hadn't been found when the episode aired in 2010, it did go into a lot of the background regarding the case.

I have not done a deep dive on this case & haven't read that many of the previous posts. However, just based on the episode & some minimal research I've done, I have several theories:

1) One of the parents eliminated the other two, and then eliminated themselves. This is plausible. You hate to think that it happened this way, but I do believe that one or both of the parents (Sherilynn/Bobby) had mental issues. And, apparently, when the bodies were found they were so decomposed that it wasn't obvious how the family died. I believe that SJ had a weapon (based on the Disappeared episode). Though I don't think a gun was found, it could still have been used & there could be several explanations for this absence:

a) The gun could have been subsequently taken by someone who had nothing to do with the case.
b) Or, it could have been swept away by flash flooding. Which leads to my second theory:

2) I've read that the area where the car & later bodies were found had some severe flash flooding around the time the Jamison's initially went up to that area. If flash flooding did occur:

a) The family could have been out in the middle of the wilderness, which is why they parked the car & left everything in the vehicle (maybe a bathroom break for one of them?!) and could have been taken by surprise by the flooding - and all three could have drowned.
b) Or, if one family member eliminated the others & then themselves - the flash flooding could have washed away the gun.

3) I find the murder theory the least plausible. If that happened, why was there $30,000+ in cash left in the car?! If a person/persons had killed them for whatever reason (drug deal gone bad; someone with a vendetta against the family, etc.) you would think that the perp./perps. would have looked in the car for money - and would have taken this. I can't remember if the car was locked/unlocked when the authorities found this:

a) If it was locked, then that adds credence to the idea that criminals didn't kill them - because, if they had, then the criminals would have broken the car's lock (or broken the car's window/windows) to get inside & look for any potential money.
b) If the car was unlocked when it was found, then that also adds to credence to the idea that criminals didn't kill them - since they could easily have gotten into the car & taken the money.

How much was the plot of land they wanted to purchase? Just a ball park figure for that amount of land in that location at that time period. Because that influences a lot.

To me it sounds like a robbery. Also, for some transactions, giving half of the money first and half of the money after is a method that is used. I just think it's significant that the money is split, unless it was split in half one for Sherilyn and one for Bobby, but that doesn't make too much sense that it would be split that way at that point in time (travelling together, etc).

He was unable to work because of pain, she wasn't been given the child support payments she was meant to have, that's a lot of pressure. So, moving to a new area, downsizing, etc, but what do you plan to do there? Maybe they planned to homeschool and get the child support payments?

She put a briefcase in the car that was never recovered. Briefcase and gun never recovered.

To me it sounds like they got in over their heads with something local to that area. Whether it was land or otherwise.

Re people talking about drugs, the one thing that makes me think it's not that is why on earth would anyone bring their child along? He absolutely adored her? Wouldn't you leave her with granny who loved babysitting? Doesn't make sense. I mean, really. These insinuations are talking about high amounts of money, not someone visiting their neighbour to buy $25 of pot.

Dog locked in car indicates don't think they will be gone for long, or stopped suddenly. Maybe went to meet someone for land and stopped leaving/cut off from leaving, so as not to do it on the land.

I did read ages ago of someone having a frightening experience in that exact area. I will try to find it.

Also, why was the violent/frightening lodger's prescription or medication in their car?

OK, last post, I found this quote from her best friend:

She explained: 'A few months before they went missing, Sherilyn’s son Colton moved back to Oklahoma City to live with his dad.

'Prior to that they had been getting child support payments, but they lost those, so they were struggling to keep up with the repayments on the house.

'It’s possible they thought they would do some kind of one off deal to get them back on track and maybe that’s what they were doing up there.'

It also caught my eye that she said while on TV "they didn't deserve that" well before the bodies were found.

But to contradict this, one of the mums had said that Bobby had reported someone for running a meth lab shortly before this happened? Which leads to foul play of a different kind. I would seriously hope that someone would not report a meth lab and then try to do a drug deal (!). But we don't have any proof either way, this is hearsay.

I did wonder at one point if they had stopped for M to go to the toilet before they left and had gotten lost, but when I read about the mobile phone data and how the way the voicemail was accessed changed on that day, to me it strongly implies foul play along with the voicemail being accessed on the 12th. Additionally the keys were in the ignition. Who leaves the keys in the ignition in a truck with $32,000 in it? Someone who doesn't know that it's there. I think the car was left unlocked and auto locked because of the keys being inside.

What does everyone make of the video footage, is there a second man in a dark shirt? I agree with the people who said that he walks differently.

I literally can't find the post I referred to before. I had read somewhere an account of someone who wanted to buy land in Red Oak and said that she thought it was a trap/got frightened, something to do with the owners phoning a lot or what they said on the phone. I don't think she went. I wish I could find it. Of course... that could be hearsay too.

I recently came across the following interview with former Sheriff of Latimer County Israel Beauchamp
(relevant section: 2:55:00-3:23:36) which includes numerous bombshell revelations:
  • He is absolutely certain that the Jamison’s were killed and is firmly convinced that he knows who did it
  • The remains of Bobby and Sherilynn were both found in shallow graves and at least one of their skulls features holes which in his opinion were caused by gunshots
  • Madison’s remains were found within ~100 yards of her parents and he sadly believes that she died of exposure to the elements given that the killer likely didn’t have the guts to shoot her as well
  • He obviously can’t divulge the name of the killer for legal reasons given that the evidence is insufficient to charge him/her, yet he is absolutely certain who killed the Jamison’s
  • The killer’s motive was to steal the 32k in cash which Sherilynn kept in a bag alongside her gun (both are missing)
  • It’s unclear whether the killer was aware of the other 32k placed underneath the car’s driver seat
  • It was a premeditated crime and the killer knew that the Jamison’s would be on Panola Mountain that day (he stopped them on the way down from the mountain and likely travelled with them in another vehicle to the site where their remains were found – which is ~100 yards off the road)
  • The killer wasn’t part of the initial search group
  • The OSBI and the FBI have basically halted the investigation and consider it a closed case despite the missing gun, the 32k in cash and mostly importantly the fact that three people were apparently killed in broad daylight

I recently came across the following interview with former Sheriff of Latimer County Israel Beauchamp
(relevant section: 2:55:00-3:23:36) which includes numerous bombshell revelations:
  • He is absolutely certain that the Jamison’s were killed and is firmly convinced that he knows who did it
  • The remains of Bobby and Sherilynn were both found in shallow graves and at least one of their skulls features holes which in his opinion were caused by gunshots
  • Madison’s remains were found within ~100 yards of her parents and he sadly believes that she died of exposure to the elements given that the killer likely didn’t have the guts to shoot her as well
  • He obviously can’t divulge the name of the killer for legal reasons given that the evidence is insufficient to charge him/her, yet he is absolutely certain who killed the Jamison’s
  • The killer’s motive was to steal the 32k in cash which Sherilynn kept in a bag alongside her gun (both are missing)
  • It’s unclear whether the killer was aware of the other 32k placed underneath the car’s driver seat
  • It was a premeditated crime and the killer knew that the Jamison’s would be on Panola Mountain that day (he stopped them on the way down from the mountain and likely travelled with them in another vehicle to the site where their remains were found – which is ~100 yards off the road)
  • The killer wasn’t part of the initial search group
  • The OSBI and the FBI have basically halted the investigation and consider it a closed case despite the missing gun, the 32k in cash and mostly importantly the fact that three people were apparently killed in broad daylight

Wow!! How validating to their families that there is former law enforcement who believes that they were murdered. This case has always bothered me so much.

The Jamison family, consisting of Bobby, Sherilynn, and their daughter Madyson, disappeared in 2009 under bizarre circumstances in the mountains of Oklahoma. Their abandoned truck was found with the family dog inside, and a series of eerie photographs on a camera at the scene deepened the mystery. Despite extensive searches and investigations, the fate of the Jamison family remains unknown.
https://img.particlenews.com/image.php?url=1a1l4Y_0r0EkXic00

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vandeu12
Back