OK OK - Julie Mitchell, 34, Oklahoma City, 2 Nov 2010

This is sooooooooo strange

http://newsok.com/federal-judge-rul...n-oklahoma-city-gambling-case/article/3715848

A federal judge is letting Teddy Mitchell keep his lead defense attorney even though the attorney’s father will be a prosecution witness.

This reeks...jmo

If the defendant Teddy Mitchell wants to keep his attorney in spite of the fact that the attorney's father will be a witness for the prosecution, the judge has to allow it I would think. Otherwise the prosecution could use it as a tool to get the defense attorney dismissed from the case if they wanted to. It certainly will add an interesting twist to the testimony, especially if the defense attorney is the one who will cross examine his own father, but doubtful that will happen.

FBI says Teddy Mitchell involved wife in illegal poker games (Daily Oklahoman)
---
The agent reported more than 10 reliable witnesses provided statements that Julie Mitchell, Dryden Mitchell and Nick Mitchell “participated directly in the illegal gambling business by taking bets, dealing at poker games and/or keeping books and records of the illegal gambling activity.”

One cooperating witness identified Julie Mitchell as a card dealer at the poker games, according to the court affidavit.

“Mitchell's driveway and yard was full of vehicles used by gamblers involved in the poker games,” the FBI agent wrote.
---
more at the link above

Too many crooked people involved in shady business deals for this to ever be solved...unless someone slips up.

The Mitchell Case
Ongoing Coverage

http://newsok.com/ongoing/mitchell-case

Oklahoma gambler Teddy Mitchell sentenced to 27 months in federal prison
Oklahoma gambler Teddy Mitchell also gave up more than $1 million in property and assets to the federal government because of his crimes.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gambler-...o-27-months-in-federal-prison/article/3924823

The money and assets he had to give up weren't anything compared to all the money and property he accumulated from his illegal gambling business.

*Jan 17, 2014
OKLAHOMA CITY – A federal judge handed down a 27-month prison sentence Friday to an Oklahoma man who pleaded guilty to federal gambling and money laundering charges.
U.S. District Judge David Russell returned the sentence to Teddy Mitchell, 59, following a sentencing hearing where Mitchell acknowledged breaking the law and apologized to his family “for everything I’ve put them through.”

“I understand what I did was illegal,” Mitchell said. “I am now a convicted felon.”

Mitchell became emotional as he expressed love for his 4-year-old daughter, who will be cared for by others while he is incarcerated. His wife, Julie Mitchell, 34, was killed in November 2010 and her slaying remains unsolved.

“The victim is my daughter, London,” he said.

Julie Mitchell’s beating death inside the couple’s northwest Oklahoma City home has increased the public’s interest in her husband’s gambling case. Investigators have said she was forced to open a safe at her home before her death and about $30,000 was missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back