OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

[...]
The four suspects in the brutal killing of two Kansas women who vanished last month are members of an anti-government group known as ”God’s Misfits,” according to authorities.

Tifany Adams, 54, her boyfriend Tad Cullum, 43, Cora Twombly, 44, and her husband Cole Twombly, 50, were arrested Saturday and charged with kidnapping and first-degree murder of Veronica Butler, 27, and her 39-year-old friend Jilian Kelley.

All four suspects regularly meet with several other Oklahomans in the “God’s Misfits” group, according to their arrest documents.
[...]

BBM above and below.

IMO a most concerning combination of religious zeal and anti-government behavior.

[...]
It was not clear where Butler’s children were during the initial investigation, though Adams claimed that she left them with another couple from God’s Misfits on March 29 and 30.
[...]

Thanks for the reply! I was seeing it both ways. Just speculating here, but you'd think that identities would be possible from a visual inspection?? I mean, it was only a day or two after the arrest, IIRC.

Is there a timeframe when we might hear anything more definitive?

JMO.
I think their identities would be apparent from a simple visible inspection (clothing, jewelry, possible tattoos, etc). I think it's entirely possible that we hear something regarding the autopsy as soon as today. If only a positive identification.

Not an expert but cattle are sometimes moved via use of prods while stun gun for civilian use are smaller and the non LE versions are not as powerful. I didn’t see which one TA purchased. Did she purchase a cattle prod or a civilian version of a stun gun?
MOO
Only mentioned in the affidavit as stun guns purchased from Big R in Guymon.
They don't have a huge variety but here is one. It's different that I thought it would look like. Only 40$
iu

ETA
Product Overview:
  • EXTREME STOPPING POWER! DELIVERS MORE PAIN THAN ANY OTHER STUN GUN ON MARKET: This stun gun has an industry leading 2.517 µC charge (intolerable pain) based on independent tests by Rassettica Testing Limited [see certificate on left]
  • DEFENDS UP CLOSE AND AT A DISTANCE: Intimidating 95 dB sound & bright 130 Lumen LED flashlight with high, low and strobe settings may help disorient from a distance, possibly allowing you to escape to safety before needing to use the stun feature
  • BUILT TOUGH AND READY WHEN YOU NEED IT: Durable aircraft grade aluminum construction; includes belt holster for instant access; safety switch prevents accidental discharge; includes rechargeable battery (cord included)
  • KNOW HOW TO USE BEFORE YOU GO: Maximize Your Safety. You can learn how to use your SABRE stun gun before you go out and about with access to a free online training video

Last edited:
Which LE was supposed to help VB? She lived in Kansas but the case was heard in OK on territory where it appears TA by all accounts controlled local LE and we have yet to hear about her ability to influence judicial proceedings. Local LE supposedly supported the idea that they need not be present at custody exchanges.

It’s a rhetorical question but truly where could VB go for help if LE wasn't supportive and the Judge wasn’t giving credence to her requests or statements to the Court?

I wonder if we will hear more about why TA attorney supposedly resigned his counsel in the custody case. I do wonder how much he knew or suspected prior to filing with the court about no longer appearing on her behalf?

MOO
By all information I have read, it was fully expected that VB would regain full custody of her children in the court proceeding originally scheduled for tomorrow, April 17 in Oklahoma.

That was really the impetus for the timing of the murder. It had to be before April 17.

By all information I have read, it was fully expected that VB would regain full custody of her children in the court proceeding originally scheduled for tomorrow, April 17 in Oklahoma.

That was really the impetus for the timing of the murder. It had to be before April 17.
And instead she will be arraigned in a most likely DP case instead.

Are the ones for cattle the same as those sold for police and self defense use?

Not an expert but cattle are sometimes moved via use of prods while stun gun for civilian use are smaller and the non LE versions are not as powerful. I didn’t see which one TA purchased. Did she purchase a cattle prod or a civilian version of a stun gun?
MOO

@NWay did a great job at answering this already. So, I'll just throw my .02 in as well. Short answer: No. Not at all.

Long answer: An electric cattle prod, or "hotshot" is nothing like a taser or stun gun for civilian use. A hotshot is long, where most civilian stun guns are handheld. Some even look like handguns & are held like such.

The "sting" of a cattle prod is basically equivalent to a dog's electric fence collar & although everyone's pain tolerance is different...I can't see it incapacitating anyone. But a taser or stun gun obviously can. It's their purpose as a "less lethal weapon." I believe this is what TA purchased, since the purchase was made at a guns store. I can buy a taser at my local feed store; but I can't buy cattle prods at my local gun store.

View attachment 497585
After going through the affidavits, I just can't fathom how any of these people thought they could get away with this horrible crime.
I mean they actually believed that throwing an anvil would work. Even Wile E. Coyote knows better - even if he orders it from ACME!
I hope it's clear that I am not and would never try to make a joke about this vile, disgusting crime - I am, however, saying these people were sincerely deluded if they believed they wouldn't get caught!

I think TA knew she would be looked at but figured she had influence and perhaps insiders who would help her out, move it along as VB being a flaky/no show/bad parent, and that would be the end of it. Then she and her minions could smirk and feel righteous to the end of their days. MOO.

I think their identities would be apparent from a simple visible inspection (clothing, jewelry, possible tattoos, etc). I think it's entirely possible that we hear something regarding the autopsy as soon as today. If only a positive identification.

In such a highly-visible case such as this with 4 potential death penalties, the Medical Examiner may want to be extremely circumspect about any and all information about autopsy results, as the information will be micro-dissected in the public domain the instant it is released.

As LE is not looking further searching for bodies, the identity of the decedents is not critical at this time. Nor is the manner of death.

What is most critical is the cause and that may be the most difficult to be accurate about if there are multiple lethal-type injuries. It will likely be the most important part of the autopsy information presented at trial, also, along with identification of non-lethal injuries that might indicate peri-mortem torture or abuse.

The major perps are safely behind bars. LE is still actively investigating the case and significant witnesses are being protected. The public's thirst for details is not paramount at this point.

The best and most accurate rendering of the truth is.

Last edited:
Sounds like she was literally terrorizing Veronica. Shouldn't that be against the law?
Thank you introducing this possible element too. Might IMO be another angle for prosecutors?

I am not certain of laws in Oklahoma, but maybe that should also be investigated? And depending on how TA and crew communicated with VB might be of interest?

There was a precedent setting federal case not long ago in Delaware, against David Matusiewicz and his sister and parents. IIRC there was also other state and federal involvement and law applied too. In short it was a child-custody matter with his ex-wife, the children were kidnapped taken out of the country, eventually located, and returned to the mother. Ultimately his father ended up killing the ex-wife and her friend as they entered a child custody hearing in the courthouse.

As the VB case is sadly another child custody argument that rose to an unprecedented and unfortunate conclusion - as was the Matuziewicz / Christine Belford case - seems perhaps more protections are needed for people in peril from such evil. And as others noted, sometimes it seems the court proceedings and rulings are possibly placing individuals involved in potential harm or peril?

IANAL, so it might need to be determined how or if VB was contacted, threatened, or otherwise impacted by TA and crew? And maybe some of the statutes used in that case would be relevant or applicable. A link on that case if of interest. (There might be other updates to it too.):

Which LE was supposed to help VB? She lived in Kansas but the case was heard in OK on territory where it appears TA by all accounts controlled local LE and we have yet to hear about her ability to influence judicial proceedings. Local LE supposedly supported the idea that they need not be present at custody exchanges.

It’s a rhetorical question but truly where could VB go for help if LE wasn't supportive and the Judge wasn’t giving credence to her requests or statements to the Court?

I wonder if we will hear more about why TA attorney supposedly resigned his counsel in the custody case. I do wonder how much he knew or suspected prior to filing with the court about no longer appearing on her behalf?

MOO

Sounds like she wasn't being supported by LE or the judge. She did need supervised custody exchanges with LE they were wrong and now two women are dead. I do not blame VB at all.

The logistics of this group being able to ambush VB still puzzles me. How could they be so certain no one would be driving right behind VB or along that stretch of highway as the flatbed was being positioned to cause a detour? Another driver in the area may have had a dashcam, or may have pulled over to offer assistance to a perceived breakdown. What would the group do then? Were they prepared to just eliminate as many witnesses as necessary??? If only VB sensed a set-up and turned around on the highway or even drove off-road to try to get away once they started to block her in. I find it so hard to fathom that this ruse worked at all in getting the car pulled over. Obviously it went sideways quickly from there, but still surprised they got to that point.

The affidavit says they bought the "stun guns" here: Big R, Guymon, Ok.

Affidavit - scroll to bottom of page

The logistics of this group being able to ambush VB still puzzles me. How could they be so certain no one would be driving right behind VB or along that stretch of highway as the flatbed was being positioned to cause a detour? Another driver in the area may have had a dashcam, or may have pulled over to offer assistance to a perceived breakdown. What would the group do then? Were they prepared to just eliminate as many witnesses as necessary??? If only VB sensed a set-up and turned around on the highway or even drove off-road to try to get away once they started to block her in. I find it so hard to fathom that this ruse worked at all in getting the car pulled over. Obviously it went sideways quickly from there, but still surprised they got to that point.
Do we know who owns the properties adjacent to the site of the kidnapping? Are any of these folks involved in the GMG (God's Misfits Gang)?

Did anyone live near the closed Four Corner Market place? Would they be a lookout or someone of the GMG to have the burner phone to alert the rest of the crew as to who was on the road?

Was someone set up for surveillance of traffic conditions in this area prior to the attack, to identify the best times for low traffic in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortypoundcat