Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have to await the next court update on the progression of the case.

I assume the next event will the the Discovery and Motions and then to the Investigation and Pleas.

Probably 6-12 months for Discovery and Motions, Investigation and Pleas.

Has anyone seen any reporting on whether CT represented herself at today's hearing?
Adams, Cullum, and Cole Twombly will hire their own attorneys. Cora Twombly said she is indigent, so the court will appoint an attorney to represent her.
Wow. So her husband is going to hire an attorney and just throw her to the wolves?

Emphasis by me. Just wow. I wonder what brought the judge to Tad's home that day? Did Tad have some clue the raid was about to go down and wanted his heavy hitter friend present? Did he not know the raid was going down and simply happened to have his friend, the judge, over when it went down?

I get it small area/population and all but sheesh, the judge must have been gobsmacked when the armored trucks pulled up.
In this circumstance, I do not believe there are any coincidences.

I mean those SWAT trucks didn't just roll off of a C-130 cargo plane in the middle of empty fields in the Oklahoma panhandle.

Someone would have seen them coming from many miles away and the barb-wire telegraph would have been signing.

Apparently she is being given a public defender, while the other three are hiring their own attorneys. I'll try to find the link (so many open tabs right now!) IMO
I bet the “ Misfits” don’t believe in legal marriage since they don’t believe in any laws? Interesting that husband is hiring an Attorney and she is being assigned a Public Defender. Her name must not be on the properties.

In this circumstance, I do not believe there are any coincidences.

I mean those SWAT trucks didn't just roll off of a C-130 cargo plane in the middle of empty fields in the Oklahoma panhandle.

Someone would have seen them coming from many miles away and the barb-wire telegraph would have been signing.
I thought it a bit odd, News Nations arrives the day before. They even posted video of the SWAT trucks.
Yeah, they knew where they were coming.
Moo

Though with 20/20 hindsight, his comments about there not being a threat were wrong, I thinks its unfair to say they were "stupid".

In the end, Law Enforcement must make decisions every day regarding efficient use of resources. These decisions must be made by humans with out crystal balls and magic wands.

The Sheriff seemed to have based his decision on: A lack of violent history regarding the individuals. Lack of any evidence of truly threatening behavior.

I live in an ubber large city. There are alot of police, but there are probably hundreds (if not more) custody exchanges being made every week between parents involved in nasty divorces. One of those people making such an exchange is a family friend.

Yet..... can law enforcement be expected to appear at her exchange and hundreds of others like her based on: Divorce went south, ex is unpleasant, ex is non cooperative, ex pursues his legal interests relentlessly, He might...?

In a perfect world, the answer would be "yes". In the real world however.....
I agree. Who could anticipate this insanity (except people very close to TA).

I wouldn't want to live in a world in which everyone, especially LE, assumes all seemingly law-abiding members of the public are potential killers who have to be watched like hawks.

I find it irritating enough when I'm being forced to use self-checkout while some security guard watches me suspiciously, assuming I'm trying to steal the cheese.

If this were how everyone treated everyone else, the world would be simply unbearable. We just have to trust each other, to some degree. (Though I would advocate carefully vetting your romantic partner and potential inlaws, before getting too involved).

Emphasis by me. Just wow. I wonder what brought the judge to Tad's home that day? Did Tad have some clue the raid was about to go down and wanted his heavy hitter friend present? Did he not know the raid was going down and simply happened to have his friend, the judge, over when it went down?

I get it small area/population and all but sheesh, the judge must have been gobsmacked when the armored trucks pulled up.
And imagine how the SWAT team felt when they realized a Judge was present. If the raid had gone sideways, this could have been even messier!

Adams, Cullum, and Cole Twombly will hire their own attorneys. Cora Twombly said she is indigent, so the court will appoint an attorney to represent her.
Wow. So her husband is going to hire an attorney and just throw her to the wolves?

That was my question as well. Are all the marital assets in his name?

Even if they are in his name only, would he be allowed legally to "gift" some to CT to fund her own defense? I am curious about laws around this.

MOO.

How does that work?

If they're married -- are their finances not shared?

I bet the “ Misfits” don’t believe in legal marriage since they don’t believe in any laws? Interesting that husband is hiring an Attorney and she is being assigned a Public Defender. Her name must not be on the properties.
Yes, I'm wondering if she truly doesn't have much in her own name. I think a lot of farmers and ranchers, particularly those who have inherited land, keep their family businesses in actual entities or trusts. I believe this is CT's second marriage, so I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't share much with her husband. And who knows what their cash situation is like.

If you are curious as to what the process is for requesting a public defender, Oklahoma Legal Aid has the application on its site.

Wow. I wonder if he blames Cora because of how much she told and trusted the teenage daughter (listed as CW to protect her identity) with. OSBI wouldn't need to offer a plea deal to any of the four to turn on the others or a confession and could charge all with murder in the 1st degree a big part because of CW's bravery.

Something makes me think Grice wasn't there at the killings. I don't see how they could have kept from arresting him if he'd been there. Even if they made a deal with him -- it wouldn't be to walk free if he had taken part in the ambush and murder of two innocent women.

JMOO
Maybe there's a special reason that this guy, Grice, was hanging around the others, and it caused LE to act like he doesn't exist. I hope not because, based on the statement of 16 year old, he's guilty of, at least, having been at the failed attempted murder in February.

Wow. I wonder if he blames Cora because of how much she told and trusted the teenage daughter (listed as CW to protect her identity) with. OSBI wouldn't need to offer a plea deal to any of the four to turn on the others or a confession and could charge all with murder in the 1st degree a big part because of CW's bravery.
Not to diminish it's importance, but I'd be concerned her testimony might be considered somewhat as hearsay, since she didn't directly witness what happened.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member