Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #5 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every case is unique. In the Idaho murders of four college students, the parents don't all agree about the death penalty, but the Prosecutor is seeking it.

JMO
I personally oppose the DP though if hear so much as someone kicked a dog, I want them shot. I know that's inconsistent. I'd say it's highly principled of those family members to not ask for the DP, considering their own emotional involvement in such a horrific crime perpetrated against their children. Pretty amazing.

I don't know about that because we've yet to see what her statement was. Could be she said something like, "Yeah, I did it but Jilian shot at me and I bought the stun guns because I feared for my life".

Jillian had a right to fight back in self defense but TA instigated it and has no legal right to a "stand your ground defense."

Travis McMichael ambushed Ahmaud Arbery and claimed self defense when Ahmaud fought back. Travis killed Ahmad and got a life sentence.

2 Cents

Jillian had a right to fight back in self defense but TA instigated it and has no legal right to a "stand your ground defense."

Travis McMichael ambushed Ahmaud Arbery and claimed self defense when Ahmaud fought back. Travis killed Ahmad and got a life sentence.

2 Cents
Oh, I know but that doesn't mean she won't try claiming it to save her neck.

I personally oppose the DP though if hear so much as someone kicked a dog, I want them shot. I know that's inconsistent. I'd say it's highly principled of those family members to not ask for the DP, considering their own emotional involvement in such a horrific crime perpetrated against their children. Pretty amazing.
I agree. Every state has its own unique laws and penalties.

JMO

If BK confesses I believe the 2 families will agree to do LWOP.

Not how the DP works when a defendant pleads guilty. A few serial killers pled guilty and still were put to death but this is extremely extremely rare.

2 Cents
This seems to be to be an extremely rare case: daylight ambush and kidnapping of two women; gang brutality. They will kill family so anyone on the planet is possibly a new victim. Unless the state of OK desperately needs the money a trial would cost, I'd want to see no deals and straight to the "chair" or whatever,

I agree- dummies are purchasing the "kit" (looks like it includes a series documents allowing one to "go sovereign"). The writer, however, is no dummy.

At $400.00 bucks a pop, he or she is laughing all the way to the bank. I wonder if the writer even believes the stuff, or are they just writing what they know to be fiction because it pays- well, very well?
They all buy the same type of package and just babble incoherently, what is hilarious to me is.....the sovereign citizen's I "know" personally, (from the house of yahweh) would have rejected all five of these people. They are not the correct demographic...or color.

The people I know claim Moorish ancestry and claim that makes them sovereign and therefore, not held to US laws...but they still want all the US protections and tax breaks haha . I would have loved to see them go at these five lol. They would have been made fun of by the other village idiots.

This case is in the preliminary stages and regardless of any defendant confirming responsibility, I expect that each defendant will eventually enter NG pleas including TA and PG.

We know that since TA's arrest and recorded custodial interview where she claimed responsibility for the deaths of the victims, four defense attorneys have filed notices of appearance for TA, and have already filed Motions requesting the State turn over the evidence the State has against TA.

Four of the defendants have made initial appearances before the Court, and the judicial clock is ticking for discovery and the preliminary hearing date.

During the exchange of the evidence (i.e., discovery), I expect to next see Defense Motions seeking to suppress the recorded statements by TA (and PG)-- citing she made them without the benefit of having an attorney, and the Prosecution will counter TA did not invoke her right to remain silent and/or request an attorney be present.

If the State can satisfy the Court that TA (and PG) made the recorded statements voluntarily, the statements will likely be admitted as evidence and used during the trial.

There's a very long road ahead here.

There is neither a Constitutional right nor a statutory right to a plea agreement. However, the reality of the Oklahoma criminal process is that the vast majority of criminal cases end in a plea bargain. An experienced Oklahoma criminal defense attorney will never coerce a Defendant to take a plea agreement. Plea agreements should only be pursued when the Defendant is ready to admit responsibility to the court and plead guilty.

This seems to be to be an extremely rare case: daylight ambush and kidnapping of two women; gang brutality. They will kill family so anyone on the planet is possibly a new victim. Unless the state of OK desperately needs the money a trial would cost, I'd want to see no deals and straight to the "chair" or whatever,

I would rather be dead than have a life sentence so justice to me is LWOP.

Reading through all of these posts about TA confessing and may be able to plea to LWOP. I hope the DA doesn't offer plea deals especially to TA. It would be soooo messed up if the ring leader gets a deal. That would be infuriating. But I am sure it has happened before, but it's not right.
The Prosecutor has no incentive to offer a plea deal. There is forensic evidence that will convict.

JMO

This case is in the preliminary stages and regardless of any defendant confirming responsibility, I expect that each defendant will eventually enter NG pleas including TA and PG.

We know that since TA's arrest and recorded custodial interview where she claimed responsibility for the deaths of the victims, four defense attorneys have filed notices of appearance for TA, and have already filed Motions requesting the State turn over the evidence the State has against TA.

Four of the defendants have made initial appearances before the Court, and the judicial clock is ticking for discovery and the preliminary hearing date.

During the exchange of the evidence (i.e., discovery), I expect to next see Defense Motions seeking to suppress the recorded statements by TA (and PG)-- citing she made them without the benefit of having an attorney, and the Prosecution will counter TA did not invoke her right to remain silent and/or request an attorney be present.

If the State can satisfy the Court that TA (and PG) made the recorded statements voluntarily, the statements will likely be admitted as evidence and used during the trial.

There's a very long road ahead here.

There is neither a Constitutional right nor a statutory right to a plea agreement. However, the reality of the Oklahoma criminal process is that the vast majority of criminal cases end in a plea bargain. An experienced Oklahoma criminal defense attorney will never coerce a Defendant to take a plea agreement. Plea agreements should only be pursued when the Defendant is ready to admit responsibility to the court and plead guilty.

BBM. I think that is what is going to happen.

Thanks for the link!

JMO

I would rather be dead than have a life sentence so justice to me is LWOP.
I actually agree with that perspective - Especially for the younger GP.
However, what I see here is a group of extremely brutal individuals who will literally kill anyone who gets in their way. We never envision a prison break, but they happen occasionally.

The Death Penalty removes these 5 people from ever being able to escape. So, we're actually protecting the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayne_solves