Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

wanted to bring this to attention:

When this case first appeared on the forum the death date was posted to be 1 month before she was found (that would make in July 71). Now it has been adjusted so she could have been there for a year (died anywhere from July 1970 on).

Something to keep in mind.

wanted to bring this to attention:

When this case first appeared on the forum the death date was posted to be 1 month before she was found (that would make in July 71). Now it has been adjusted so she could have been there for a year (died anywhere from July 1970 on).

Something to keep in mind.

I have been running searches on teenage runaways from 1969-1972. So far I have not found any that seem to match Annie. The more I look at her the less certain I am she is a teenager. I agree the scratching on the ring looks like something a teenager would do......the clothes found with her makes me think more of a young housewife. I am going to start searching 20-25 yr old woman who vanished in that time frame.....can't do any harm.

Search away "still seeking"! I'm most interested in Canada or someplace else. Can't tell ya why (not cause I have info but just a gut). She either has not been reported or not from US. Working on new press release before her 42nd anniversary. Any siblings she may have had NEED closure!

We have confirmed that we are not able to determine if Annie had or had not had a baby. Was really hoping we could determine that conclusively but, cannot.

Please trust that I read EVERY comment everyone and work this case as much as possible. Josephine County's entire legal system has been hit really heard and there are few of us left. So, I need, and am so very grateful for any thoughts. Annie is going to find her home by some obscure thought or tip. So, keep digging outside the box or inside the box. We may have starring at the answer all this time.

"Still seeking", I want you know that I have personal understanding to a missing loved one missing. God's peace upon you and your family.

Everyone treasure every moment of life. Living in the moment is really hard to do. Hope we each can figure that out while we still have time!

So I didn't want you all to think that I'm avoiding you or keeping secrets.

I emailed K Flynn of Eugene the website and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. So no news on that front

Somehow, someday, there will be a connection for Annie. I just believe that, for who knows what reason. Bumping the tread for her. Keeping hope that whoever is looking for Annie, crosses the path of this Websleuths thread.

I have been running searches on teenage runaways from 1969-1972. So far I have not found any that seem to match Annie. The more I look at her the less certain I am she is a teenager. I agree the scratching on the ring looks like something a teenager would do......the clothes found with her makes me think more of a young housewife. I am going to start searching 20-25 yr old woman who vanished in that time frame.....can't do any harm.

I agree, the clothes she's wearing give me the impression of a young suburban housewife heading out for a day's errands. If she had camped overnight with her husband and was getting ready for the next day's travel, that would fit.

I agree, the clothes she's wearing give me the impression of a young suburban housewife heading out for a day's errands. If she had camped overnight with her husband and was getting ready for the next day's travel, that would fit.

Are you thinking a husband who made her disappear? Wouldn't he have to disappear as well, in order to avoid questions? IIRC there are several cases of girlfriend/boyfriend or classmates missing at the same time. But not from the West. Seems like they were all from the Midwest. I'll see if I can find them again.

If you look at many cases from the 50s and 60s of missing youngish women, it is surprising how many were married and had young children- and how many had their own birth families they were close too. Husband tells everyone, "Oh, I guess she left me!" Or, "She probably ran off with so-and-so" and it doesn't seem like LE did as much to find them as they did now, (probably because of the lack of technology).

All of a sudden, this young woman is gone...and then the stories come out. Husband had knocked her around a few times, her family/friends saw bruising, etc. Back in the day, I think people were more reluctant to get involved. Heck, look at some cases today like Susan Powell.

Anyways, I think it is a possibility and you don't have to limit yourself to look at husband-wife missing couples. I do still think she might have been a hitchhiker just trying to get from somewhere like Crescent City to Medford or Eugene. Common even now for young folk in Oregon since there isn't public transportation between most of the cities.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1734dfca.html
Pros:
-Similar facial structure (IMO)
-Within the age/ weight and height range
-wearing brown olive medium heel shoes (UID had brown Primstyle imitation leather square-toed shoes with medium height heavy heels)

Cons:
-11 hours away
-Missing since 1968, UID estimated time of death 1970-1971
-Two rings found with UID one of them yellow gold but no diamonds.

I looked at Dixie several times and passed over her each time because her missing status did not strike me as voluntary. I know that it could be her and she could have faked her disappearance, but there IS a reason she came up on my radar more than once..

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1734dfca.html
Pros:
-Similar facial structure (IMO)
-Within the age/ weight and height range
-wearing brown olive medium heel shoes (UID had brown Primstyle imitation leather square-toed shoes with medium height heavy heels)

Cons:
-11 hours away
-Missing since 1968, UID estimated time of death 1970-1971
-Two rings found with UID one of them yellow gold but no diamonds.

Here is one achived article: (Hard to get around in it.)

http://newspaperarchive.com/van-nuys-valley-news/1968-08-27

The picture in the news article looks much more like Annie.

Summary...

Married two months to Jonathan Arensen. Per husband, she left home at 7:30 for church, he found her glasses typewriter running at church when he came later. Police found car keys in office and car in parking lot. They searched mountains behind Granada Hills. (It would be an 11 hr and 13 minute drive to Cave Junction.)

I looked at Dixie several times and passed over her each time because her missing status did not strike me as voluntary. I know that it could be her and she could have faked her disappearance, but there IS a reason she came up on my radar more than once..

Is it the map that makes you feel Annie was in the area voluntarily?

Is it the map that makes you feel Annie was in the area voluntarily?

I don't even necessarily think Annie was there voluntarily. But the way the circumstances are for Dixie it seems like she probably died very soon after (If not before) she was reported missing and if she gets found I feel like she will be found within 300 miles, Annie was found 11 1/2 hours away and three years later, Annie died around 1970/1971.

So let's hypothesize that Dixie left voluntarily, she left her car at the church so she either hitch-hiked or got a ride from someone who she planned this with, she left all her belongings at the church, so she would have had to create a whole new life with no proof of who she was (Which was surprisingly easy to do in the '70s, but I digress), she could have moved, lived whatever life, and for some reason got killed and dumped in Southern Oregon.

I don't know, I think Occam's razor would exclude her, but the only difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense.

I also passed on Dixie due to reason EmmaL. posted and also that Dixie had just gotten married and had family close by. Also, an obvious crime scene at work. Sure it could have been faked, i guess, but then you got the distance also.

Anyways, I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask KLEE what she thinks. I mean, look at the Elizabeth Barrett UID case. They got race wrong, timing wrong, etc.

Though on the other hand, she's one of the few people we've looked at who I think might have worn the outfit Annie was wearing.

Lost this thread! Sorry so long "away". Slammed!!! Anyway, Dixie sure looks like a kidnapping/death to me. No DNA, Dental, gold ring - The profile doesn't do much for me but I'll sure look at her again and see what I can dig up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew
Back