Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

In my experience, two inches between a Jane Doe and a missing person is insignificant. We've had matches with discrepancies of half a foot.

100% agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost this thread! Sorry so long "away". Slammed!!! Anyway, Dixie sure looks like a kidnapping/death to me. No DNA, Dental, gold ring - The profile doesn't do much for me but I'll sure look at her again and see what I can dig up.

See, that is where my imagination gets the better of me. It looked more like a staged thing to me. No sign of struggle, typewriter still running, she usually typed the bulletins on Monday or Tuesday, not Sunday. So I was thinking marriage not going so well, either she took off (headed for a hippie commune) or he "helped" her go missing. You are in LE so I'll go with your instincts over my imagination.

See, that is where my imagination gets the better of me. It looked more like a staged thing to me. No sign of struggle, typewriter still running, she usually typed the bulletins on Monday or Tuesday, not Sunday. So I was thinking marriage not going so well, either she took off (headed for a hippie commune) or he "helped" her go missing. You are in LE so I'll go with your instincts over my imagination.

I trust my instincts Set of Eyes BUT, I follow the evidence - taking another look at her

Kaelin Glazier: I know there has been a trial and conviction. What if they have the wrong person? Don't know how to load Kaelin's picture here. But you can google her name to see what she looked like. Another look alike. (imo)

Quotes from Kaelin's Websleuth thread: "...last seen walking on Upper Applegate Road in Ruch," "She left behind all her possessions at her home, which is located in the 100 block of Upper Applegate Road."

Three redheads that look quite a bit alike. Two that were murdered and dumped in fairly close proximity? One of the murdered lived in Ruch???? Sounds like she lived in the same general area as missing Stephanie Warner. Seems extremely coincidental.

Klee, could there be a serial killer in the area that targets redheads? Has LE looked at all three cases side by side?

Here's another ring that is very similar to Annie's - the setting and band look identical - just a different stone. http://www.etsy.com/listing/91028171/vintage-cameo-ring-cocktail?ref=sr_gallery_21&ga_search_query=gold+ring+braided+band&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=vintage

Did a little reading on the rings from that era, and it looks like maybe it was made in the 50's or late 60's - found lots of other pictures of similar settings with other colors of stones. Looking at Annie's ring image itself, the way it's deformed suggests that she maybe adjusted it quite often - it's not perfectly round. She probably owned it for quite a long time, I'm thinking. The metal finish looked worn off in some spots from the picture, too.

Her clothing doesn't sound like what someone would wear if they were hitchhiking to me....but that's just a hunch.

Kaelin Glazier: I know there has been a trial and conviction. What if they have the wrong person? Don't know how to load Kaelin's picture here. But you can google her name to see what she looked like. Another look alike. (imo)

Klee, could there be a serial killer in the area that targets redheads? Has LE looked at all three cases side by side?

I think that is a very good question. I do not like it when cases start showing up to close or with to many similarities....it always makes me think serial killer.....also do not really think I'd place allot of emphasis on the map....the killer could have had her looking at that map or even asked her to hang onto it......does not make it hers......JMO.

No offense everyone- but the kaelin Glazer case- well, the murderer was found guilty and it didn't seem to be a lot of question to the case although they took a while to find her body. It was one of those cases where it sounds like LE had a strong suspicion who did it but needed to find the body first. Because as soon as they found the body (or relatively soon afterwards) they were dragging that guy in.

As far as the other murdered missing people in the area- hey, it's an area that has 250,000 people. With that many people, you are bound to get an occasional murder or MP. I just don't see these cases strongly connected. Not saying to rule it out- and Annie Doe could have been killed by a SK- just not one that is necessarily hanging out in the area.

I have heard some rumors and read some MSM articles about a man up in Klamath Falls who was known around town to be a rapist. Over the years he apparently got this rep and one a missing woman (later found dead) was thought to be a victim of this guy. Anyways, I remember thinking that he would have be old enough in 71 to kill Annie...When I have time I will go look up some articles.

Sorry about grammer/spelling- in a rush here.

No offense everyone- but the kaelin Glazer case- well, the murderer was found guilty and it didn't seem to be a lot of question to the case although they took a while to find her body. It was one of those cases where it sounds like LE had a strong suspicion who did it but needed to find the body first. Because as soon as they found the body (or relatively soon afterwards) they were dragging that guy in.

As far as the other murdered missing people in the area- hey, it's an area that has 250,000 people. With that many people, you are bound to get an occasional murder or MP. I just don't see these cases strongly connected. Not saying to rule it out- and Annie Doe could have been killed by a SK- just not one that is necessarily hanging out in the area.

I have heard some rumors and read some MSM articles about a man up in Klamath Falls who was known around town to be a rapist. Over the years he apparently got this rep and one a missing woman (later found dead) was thought to be a victim of this guy. Anyways, I remember thinking that he would have be old enough in 71 to kill Annie...When I have time I will go look up some articles.

Sorry about grammer/spelling- in a rush here.

These cases may be unrelated. If they were related the SK could be as "young" as late 50's. More likely a 60 year old. Not too old to still be strong. There is an interesting thread here about women who have gone missing along the I5 corridor. It has a list of names. Interesting to compare. I just hope LE looks at all three cases. Annie, Stephanie Warner and Kaelin. If they were related. One case might help solve the other.

Eventually, Klee will come on and tell me I am full of beans. ;)

Okay the case I was talking about before was the Joyce Cross case. She was a young woman who was murdered in 1971 in Klamath Falls (about 2 hours from Cave Junction). Lavon Owens was the prime suspect until he killed himself. People believed he was a serial rapist (?). Anyways, an article is here: http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/05/cold_case_dark_secret_who_kill.html

I doubt that case has anything to do with Annie.

Still wondering who Annie was. Still hoping she can go home to those who remember her and are looking for her.

A new press release was done in this Sunday's local paper - front page on Annie. For some reason I'm not able to copy it here (attachments not working for me). The paper is the Grants Pass Daily Courier.

I still am not convinced the map was hers. It may have belonged to the person who placed her there, or it could have just been discarded there by a passerby. I also agree that people can not be rules out because they appear an inch or two shorter or taller. I know how hard the people who do the reconstructions try, but like us they are mere human and mistakes can be made.

A new press release was done in this Sunday's local paper - front page on Annie. For some reason I'm not able to copy it here (attachments not working for me). The paper is the Grants Pass Daily Courier.

Hey, that's you! Nice article. I'm so glad you're not giving up on her.

Stephanie went missing this year

Yes. And the POI in Stephanie's disappearance is 60 years old. If his (the POI's) DNA is checked against the unidentified DNA in the other Ruch murder, comes up not a match, then I will be able to let it go. ...maybe.

ETA. Realized that what I wrote might sound like an accusation. Not saying that the POI in Stephanie's case had anything to do with her disappearance or the other two. Just pointing out that someone in their 60's could have been involved in all three cases. All three look so much alike and two were just dumped by the roadside. JMO

I feel that in cases such as this one, and by that I mean cases that have went so long unsolved.......Every possibility needs to be explored.....apparently obvious assumptions have not been helpful in giving her back her name.......I think all three cases need reviewed for a possible link. SKs were less heard of then, that does not mean they were not out there.

I read the news article posted up thread and don't see where anyone has discussed teeth of the UP.

The article states she was slightly buck-toothed. NamUS does not have that info listed.

The article also states she was tall and lean

Also I see few things to stay focused on. I am not working on this case but reading here and you all are doing a good job at trying to find her identity. Lucky NamUS has so much free research!

Also according to the article, estimated DOD was JUNE 1971. (Stated 2 months prior to being found).

F.W. Woolworth was a parent company to other stores where the shoes could have been purchased ( Woolco for one). They were predominately located in east and north east US and Canada. I am not certain when they moved west but that can be found.

According to one report (sorry no source) what is described as a coat is actually a waist length jacket with six buttons - double breasted. Please excuse and ignore if this has been mentioned.

The silver band which bears a McGrath-Hamin manufacturing stamp p was located in RI. I did not find it being distributed outside the east coast area. That particular ring style could have only been stamped with that particular marking between 1965-1980 due to ownership of the company and with the UP's death in 1971 that leaves only a six year window she could have acquired it.

Just cleaning out my computer and thought I would post this before deleting.

Keep up the good work!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94
Back