OR OR - Ethan Swiger, 22, disabled, still missing, Klamath Falls Gospel Mission, 16 Dec 2019

Do you think its possible Ethan was having some kind of mental disturbance? Why would he say he was in a relationship with Kelly when clearly he wasn't, and, perhaps, say he had a car when he didn't? Did he say anything else that seemed odd around the time he disappeared?

Do you think its possible Ethan was having some kind of mental disturbance? Why would he say he was in a relationship with Kelly when clearly he wasn't, and, perhaps, say he had a car when he didn't? Did he say anything else that seemed odd around the time he disappeared?

The night before he disappeared he was asking me questions about something that would upset him. But he already knew the answers so I am not 100 percent sure he had his phone. He has a TBI so his mental state was never clear. Kelly pay attention to him and kissed him so he said so in his book they where date. But I believe she was use him for money. He liked tell storys so I'm not sure about the car. He didn't explain more about that to me. He also asked me to get a amtrack to central point. Which it doesn't go there and he got the rest of his money from his dad. I believe was like 400.00. So there was alot but no clear answers.

I was thinking about you last night. I can't help but wonder if someone at the mission knew he had marijuana and money and hurt him.

I wish I had that answer for you. It breaks my heart not knowing. I know that the detective was investigating it as foul play. So they have to know something. I know one guy failed poly but they can't get anymore out of him

Noting:
  • According to police, between 5 and 5:30 a.m. on Dec 16, Ethan reportedly asked to use a bathroom at Holiday Market on N 8th Street.
  • "The business was not open so he was directed to the city park at Main Street and 11th Street," Klamath Falls Police said.
  • "Mr. Swiger has been known to frequent the Klamath Falls Gospel Mission and Albertson's," KFPD said.

So, at 5 am, a man with a limp and poor capacity of both hands asks to use a bathroom. And instead of "opening the business" and letting him in to pee, a "good Samaritan" told him to limp to the city park??

I live in Southern Oregon near Medford and just found this thread. What a sad story. :( Thank you @Bootsey1989 for coming here and being a voice for Ethan. He has such a sweet face. You’re very brave and your son is adorable! I’m sure he’s a happy distraction for you in the midst of all this sadness.

I want to make sure I’m clear about what you’ve said and try to understand Ethan’s thinking…his grandparents, who live in Grants Pass, drove him to K. Falls and dropped him at the Mission. Was there a reason he wanted to go to K. Falls and be homeless in the middle of winter? Did his grandparents know why he wanted to go? It’s very cold there (below freezing) and he couldn’t even go inside the Mission because he had marijuana on him. Where was he going to sleep? Do you think he might have been selling marijuana to someone at the Mission? You don’t need to answer that if it’s not comfortable. No judgement, but it concerns me because a marijuana deal can get ugly very easily.

He said something to you about getting some things back from people who stole his car, but he can’t drive and probably doesn’t have one. But could these people have stolen something else from him that was valuable? If these people exist and he went to K. Falls to see them, I’d suspect them of harming him. It sounds like you already suspect someone, so it may be a whole different scenario than this and you may not want to say too much. Please don’t feel like you have to answer anything I’ve asked. You’ve already been more than generous with information. Please take care of yourself and your darling boy. Hugs! :)

So, at 5 am, a man with a limp and poor capacity of both hands asks to use a bathroom. And instead of "opening the business" and letting him in to pee, a "good Samaritan" told him to limp to the city park??

Yes, That was the day that he went missing. I am not sure of the details about that photo and the info on it

I live in Southern Oregon near Medford and just found this thread. What a sad story. :( Thank you @Bootsey1989 for coming here and being a voice for Ethan. He has such a sweet face. You’re very brave and your son is adorable! I’m sure he’s a happy distraction for you in the midst of all this sadness.

I want to make sure I’m clear about what you’ve said and try to understand Ethan’s thinking…his grandparents, who live in Grants Pass, drove him to K. Falls and dropped him at the Mission. Was there a reason he wanted to go to K. Falls and be homeless in the middle of winter? Did his grandparents know why he wanted to go? It’s very cold there (below freezing) and he couldn’t even go inside the Mission because he had marijuana on him. Where was he going to sleep? Do you think he might have been selling marijuana to someone at the Mission? You don’t need to answer that if it’s not comfortable. No judgement, but it concerns me because a marijuana deal can get ugly very easily.

He said something to you about getting some things back from people who stole his car, but he can’t drive and probably doesn’t have one. But could these people have stolen something else from him that was valuable? If these people exist and he went to K. Falls to see them, I’d suspect them of harming him. It sounds like you already suspect someone, so it may be a whole different scenario than this and you may not want to say too much. Please don’t feel like you have to answer anything I’ve asked. You’ve already been more than generous with information. Please take care of yourself and your darling boy. Hugs! :)

I saw this post yesterday and had to give some thought on what to say
Ethan grandparents lived in klamath fall, He was homeless by choice, He would say that he was tired of be baby and he would leave. i am not sure of all the details as i did not have study contact with him, I am unsure who car it was but he said that is was his, I am thinking that he bought it and let someone drive it but again i am not sure of the circumstances around the care. He said that he was living in the car and in a trailer with some friends on a mountain
He was not dealing that i am aware of he went to the mission to meet up on of the girl that he thought was his girlfriend friend and she was suppose to bring him to her. (Kelly)
I believe he was hurt do to a reason i dont feel conformable share, the night before he went missing he was asking me details about something that he already knew about and i feel that was nit him, I believe that is Kelly but again i think
I also had heard that he was on Drugs which i am unsure if that was true or not but he had asked a few people in gp to give him some when he came here to visit his son so it is possible.'
I do have someone in mind that could of hurt him but i cant prove it
He is somewhere between K falls and sun river.
December 15th will be 2 years sense anyone has talked or heard from Ethan
Thank you for all the support.Hugs

Thanks so much for being so open to questions and answering what you comfortably can.

It’s not a big deal, but I’m still a little confused about where his grandparents currently live because earlier you said they live in Grants Pass. But it seems they actually live in K. Falls? Or am I reading it wrong. The only reason I care is that I was picturing them driving him all the way from Grants Pass to K. Falls in December…not a fun drive! Certainly they were going above and beyond for Ethan if that’s the case. As I say, it’s just me being curious. :)
I'm in grants pass with his son and his dad and grandparents live here.

I can totally understand that he’d want to be independent, and grandparents do have a way of “taking care of” their grandchildren when they want to do things for themselves.

It sounds like there are rumors that make it hard to sort things out. But you seem to have a pretty good handle on what could have happened. I’m sure you have a reason for mentioning Sun River, but you may need to keep it private. That’s a lonely stretch of highway between Klamath Falls and Sun River, so if he’s found it will probably be by a hiker or hunter. But we’ve seen a number of missing ones found after a great deal of time, so don’t give up hope. Hang in there! Your little guy is fortunate to have you. :)

For those not familiar with the area, here is a map that also shows Grants Pass if you move it to the west, so you can see how things are laid out.

Google Maps

Thanks so much for being so open to questions and answering what you comfortably can.

It’s not a big deal, but I’m still a little confused about where his grandparents currently live because earlier you said they live in Grants Pass. But it seems they actually live in K. Falls? Or am I reading it wrong. The only reason I care is that I was picturing them driving him all the way from Grants Pass to K. Falls in December…not a fun drive! Certainly they were going above and beyond for Ethan if that’s the case. As I say, it’s just me being curious. :)

I can totally understand that he’d want to be independent, and grandparents do have a way of “taking care of” their grandchildren when they want to do things for themselves.

It sounds like there are rumors that make it hard to sort things out. But you seem to have a pretty good handle on what could have happened. I’m sure you have a reason for mentioning Sun River, but you may need to keep it private. That’s a lonely stretch of highway between Klamath Falls and Sun River, so if he’s found it will probably be by a hiker or hunter. But we’ve seen a number of missing ones found after a great deal of time, so don’t give up hope. Hang in there! Your little guy is fortunate to have you. :)

For those not familiar with the area, here is a map that also shows Grants Pass if you move it to the west, so you can see how things are laid out.

Google Maps

Kelly who he said he was dating and he really wasn't she had a boyfriend was arrested January 1st in Sun River with her boyfriend

So he has grandparents here and in kfalls

He moved to kfalls in Nov 2018. He seemed to like be homeless because he was free to do what he wanted.

I hate to think this way but i believe he is no longer alive and in the woods far from Klamath but there always hope

Kelly who he said he was dating and he really wasn't she had a boyfriend was arrested January 1st in Sun River with her boyfriend

So he has grandparents here and in kfalls

He moved to kfalls in Nov 2018. He seemed to like be homeless because he was free to do what he wanted.

I hate to think this way but i believe he is no longer alive and in the woods far from Klamath but there always hope

Thanks so much for clearing up my grandparent confusion, @Bootsey1989. Duh, Lilibet, two sets of grandparents in two different places. :D Yes, it seems that some are homeless by choice because of the freedom it allows. But it is a rough life. Ethan just doesn’t seem well-equipped for it physically. But he must have done OK until he didn’t.

Very interesting about Kelly and Sun River. I hate to agree with you that he’s deceased…he never really got to live a nice life and he maybe could have. All we can do is hold onto hope…and support you while we wait. More hugs and one for your little guy. Is he a mini-Ethan? :)

Thanks so much for clearing up my grandparent confusion, @Bootsey1989. Duh, Lilibet, two sets of grandparents in two different places. :D Yes, it seems that some are homeless by choice because of the freedom it allows. But it is a rough life. Ethan just doesn’t seem well-equipped for it physically. But he must have done OK until he didn’t.

Very interesting about Kelly and Sun River. I hate to agree with you that he’s deceased…he never really got to live a nice life and he maybe could have. All we can do is hold onto hope…and support you while we wait. More hugs and one for your little guy. Is he a mini-Ethan? :)

He is a twin for sure. Looks and attitude. It scares me that he might not be alive.most the time I was with him he was homeless living on streets of grants pass.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-235202_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-235202_Gallery.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 18
JUN 27, 2022
The family of a person who went missing in Klamath Falls is offering a reward for any information leading to the arrest of anyone involved in his disappearance.

JUN 28, 2022
The family of a man missing since 2019 is offering a five thousand dollar reward for his location and physical discovery, according to the Klamath Falls City Police.

image-122.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic