GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

Was he last seen at his residence? Or at this bar? One report says neighbors last saw him at his residence- another indicates last seen at the bar? TIA.

The Charley Project says at the bar. The Doe Network says at his residence. I'm guessing he was seen at the bar earlier, and then neighbors saw him at home after that?

I'm wondering: if someone at the bar was responsible, is it not possible that person still hangs out there? And I'm wondering if after the disappearance someone who normally hung out at the bar quit doing so?

Is there a chance that you or anyone has a solid clothing description of any kind and even if there are no particulars, do you know what sizes he wore, including shoe size?

Peace.
I've e-mailed my father and he forwarded it to Mark's father, so hopefully he'll join us soon and get some direct answers...

The Charley Project says at the bar. The Doe Network says at his residence. I'm guessing he was seen at the bar earlier, and then neighbors saw him at home after that?

I'm wondering: if someone at the bar was responsible, is it not possible that person still hangs out there? And I'm wondering if after the disappearance someone who normally hung out at the bar quit doing so?

Yes, I was wondering also if someone from the bar might have gone home with him or followed him home. It appears the bar is defunct now, but I wonder if LE chased down staff at the time, to see if anyone recalled Mark leaving with someone.

Does anyone know what the area surrounding the bar and residence is like? Are transients common? Residences or industrial?

I would really really like to look at the police file. I am certain some good work was done and that there is someone in mind.

It looks from the media that LE believes the key will be what is with Mark's body.

Chin up LinusK

Yes, I was wondering also if someone from the bar might have gone home with him or followed him home. It appears the bar is defunct now, but I wonder if LE chased down staff at the time, to see if anyone recalled Mark leaving with someone.

Does anyone know what the area surrounding the bar and residence is like? Are transients common? Residences or industrial?
The original bar closed but reopened elsewhere, and the website (link at my previous post) has pictures of some of the patrons. It made me shudder to think that the person responsible might be smiling it up for the camera!

Ok, so Southwest 13th, to Northeast 137th, to Southeast 43rd

Is this correct? Pretty tight grid.
Trying to map so everyone has access. Just click on the mapquest link.

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=uoZ30o" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

If it wasnt personal, so to speak-are there any serial predators in that area? Although, it makes less sense for a serial predator to take Mark out of his home.

Well I-5 doesn't have a great reputation... :(

I wonder about Mark's SUV. Mileage? GPS? Fuel? Cell phone? interstate gas stations and Fred Meyers, video surveillance?
Since Mark has not been found, but his vehicle was- did the vehicle contain physical evidence?

The evidence, now out in the open was blood spatter on the walls. Mark is presumed dead.
Oh no, that is so disturbing.

I'm just now reading his thread...do any of the family members know anything about the "relationship gone bad" or do they know any of his close friends who might know?

I'm still looking for the link of the video (of the bar patrons) that you mentioned.

I'm so sorry, LinasK. :hug: I hope he's found soon.

ETA: I found the bar links. I'm not criticizing anyone's lifestyle choices, but both the old and new bars seem like they might attract some questionable people (a small minority...someone who would cause harm to someone, and is looking for people who might be partying too hearty and thus be more vulnerable).

Wonder if K9's were brought out to trail from Mark's residence, the bar, and where his vehicle was located?
Going to check and see who might've been on call then.
Would really like to see the police report also.

I'm just now reading his thread...do any of the family members know anything about the "relationship gone bad" or do they know any of his close friends who might know?

I'm still looking for the link of the video (of the bar patrons) that you mentioned.

ETA: I found the bar links. I'm not criticizing anyone's lifestyle choices, but both the old and new bars seem like they might attract some questionable people (a small minority...someone who would cause harm to someone, and is looking for people who might be partying too hearty and thus be more vulnerable).
My mom was under the impression that the POI was his lover. If we don't hear from Mark's dad, I'll be seeing him this weekend at a party. If I can find anything out, I'll let you know next week, in-between trips and Thanksgiving busyness...

My mom was under the impression that the POI was his lover. If we don't hear from Mark's dad, I'll be seeing him this weekend at a party. If I can find anything out, I'll let you know next week, in-between trips and Thanksgiving busyness...

LinasK, do you know if Mark's significant other had access to a vehicle at the time?
TIA if you know this, and have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

You know...that's a good possibility. And I'm no expert in blood spatter, but there seems to be a lot of it, and to me it implies a lot of force...angry force...powerful force. In other words, a strong, angry guy causing it versus a smaller, angry woman. Hate crime keeps running through my mind.

Wonder if K9's were brought out to trail from Mark's residence, the bar, and where his vehicle was located?
Going to check and see who might've been on call then.
Would really like to see the police report also.

On this link http://www.kptv.com/story/15952823/...tland-mans-disappearance?clienttype=printable it says this about where the car was found.

"Dribin's SUV was also missing from the garage. It was found two weeks later near Southeast 43rd Avenue and Division Street, an area investigators said Dribin didn't frequent."

You know...that's a good possibility. And I'm no expert in blood spatter, but there seems to be a lot of it, and to me it implies a lot of force...angry force...powerful force. In other words, a strong, angry guy causing it versus a smaller, angry woman. Hate crime keeps running through my mind.
I guess that could go either way...hate crime or angry/jealous/jilted lover. :(

Blood spatter sounds like gunshot or perhaps beating. :( Which seems like someone dragged or carried him out, unless he was still alive and forced to walk out. If dragged or carried, a strong person or maybe it wasn't just one person.

LE must know what the possibilities are.

I guess that could go either way...hate crime or angry/jealous/jilted lover. :(

Blood spatter sounds like gunshot or perhaps beating. :( Which seems like someone dragged or carried him out, unless he was still alive and forced to walk out. If dragged or carried, a strong person or maybe it wasn't just one person.

LE must know what the possibilities are.
I've also e-mailed the Cold Case Detective in this case. We'll see if he responds...

I've also e-mailed the Cold Case Detective in this case. We'll see if he responds...
I've read on many cases where during an ongoing investigation, the family is not told very many details at all. I'm torn about that, as obviously one would want to know everything in the desire to find their loved one and know what happened, yet LE needs to keep information private to ensure a successful investigation and prosecution. Family and friends probably get frustrated (understandably) as they likely feel it's their right to know.

Many hugs!

Linus, perhaps if the detective gets a chance to see the board, she/he may see some value in partnering with us. We have way more hands and resources many times...we like the grunt work here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back