OR OR - Samuel Boehlke-Becker, 8, Crater Lake National Park, 14 Oct 2006

Missing boy remembered in documentary

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/missing-boy-remembered-in-documentary-3963/

“It’s a complete mystery to us what happened to Samuel Boehlke.” Says Benjamin Paulides. “I don’t think anybody really knows what happened to him.”

David Paulides hopes the documentary has a message of awareness…

“For families. Families of people that have lost people, to let them know that they’re not alone. And awareness, for families that go onto the wilderness, to keep their family members close.”

I contacted mr oakes, I was curious about the hair. When I asked if the hair was positively Samuels, the reply I got was... Thats my understanding.

The boy climbed a steep peak and disappeared over the edge according to dad. How long did it take dad to get to the top of that same peak? I would assume faster than an 8 yr old.

A cougar would have to have grabbed that boy instantly and made his clothes disappear. No one saw blood either that I have read about.

I still believe that Samuel was left somewhere else. Just my very own opinion.

Yet if this article is correct, the dogs traced his scent there. I just wish I knew where the "pull-out area" is in relation to where he was last seen by his father.

Park rangers began the search at 6 p.m., with help from Jackson County search and rescue - whose dogs traced Sammy's scent at the pull-out area
http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/l...cle_a2084303-baf0-5f9d-90e5-c3647852eab5.html

They must have a lead then correct? For SAR to step back in after all these years. I hope he is located.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk

I hope so. It does seem strange.

If the dogs followed his scent to the pull out area then wouldn't that mean that is the last place he was, at the pull out and not in the woods?

Just going back to check the article, yes, you're right. The pull out was on one side of the road then they crossed the road where Sammy allegedly ran ahead of dad into the wooded area. So the last scent they picked up of him was in the pull out which was across the road from the wooded area. Hmmm.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/l...cle_a2084303-baf0-5f9d-90e5-c3647852eab5.html
His dad lost sight of him at about 4:30 p.m. after he stopped their car at a pull out along East Rim Drive, about a quarter-mile from the Cleetwood Cove area. East Rim Drive was bare and dry. There, he and his son crossed the road to climb a rock face on the side opposite the lake, officials said. Sammy ran ahead of his dad in a forested area and Ken Boehlke lost sight of him.He combed the area before flagging down a passing driver and relaying information for the person to use a cell phone to call 911. Park rangers began the search at 6 p.m., with help from Jackson County search and rescue - whose dogs traced Sammy's scent at the pull-out area

Just going back to check the article, yes, you're right. The pull out was on one side of the road then they crossed the road where Sammy allegedly ran ahead of dad into the wooded area. So the last scent they picked up of him was in the pull out which was across the road from the wooded area. Hmmm.

Keeping hope alive
To me, that validates the dad's story because it proves that the boy was in the general area. Dogs might not be able to track someone that easily across a road or up a rock face.

Name: Samuel Boehlke

Missing from: Crater Lake National Park

Date Missing: Ocbtober 14, 2006

Description: Boehlke was 8 years old when he went missing. White male, 4'08" tall, 85 pounds, light brown hair, brown eyes. Last seen wearing a long-sleeve black and green striped shirt, cargo pants, red suede shoes, and a blue winter coat. He has a mole under his right ear and a mole on the left side of his throat.

Case Info: Boehlke was last seen at about 4:00 pm on October 14, 2006 in Crater Lake National Park. His information is also listed on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website.

Cold Cases - Investigative Services (U.S. National Park Service)

MP_Boehlke.jpg

Missing person Samuel Boehlke was last seen October 14, 2006 in Crater Lake National Park. He was 8 years old at the time he went missing. NPS image.Missing person Samuel Boehlke.
NPS image.

Name: Samuel Boehlke

Missing from
: Crater Lake National Park

Date Missing: Ocbtober 14, 2006

Description: Boehlke was 8 years old when he went missing. White male, 4'08" tall, 85 pounds, light brown hair, brown eyes. Last seen wearing a long-sleeve black and green striped shirt, cargo pants, red suede shoes, and a blue winter coat. He has a mole under his right ear and a mole on the left side of his throat.

Case Info: Boehlke was last seen at about 4:00 pm on October 14, 2006 in Crater Lake National Park. His information is also listed on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861
Back