Found Deceased OR - Wilma Acosta, 28, last seen at Dixie Tavern, phone found at Japanese American Historical Plaza, Portland, 26 Nov 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Family searching for missing woman who recently moved to Portland

PORTLAND, Ore. — <modsnip> […] She was at the Dixie Tavern in Old Town and left the bar alone after 2 a.m.

He says Sunday afternoon, Wilma's friends tracked the location of her phone three blocks away from the tavern to the Japanese American Historical Plaza along the Willamette River. They found her phone, but they didn't find Wilma. […] <modsnip: copyright> MORE AT LINK.
1701342442005.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
5e8f553d8f082b2342479e8dcb9b45c5

Family: 28-year-old daughter went missing in Portland's Old Town last week

A California family say their 28-year-old daughter went missing a week ago in Portland, a few months after she moved to the area. Wilma Acosta's family and some of her friends spent Saturday hanging up missing fliers around Old Town near where she was last seen. Manny Luna-Medel is one of Acosta's childhood friends who was in town visiting her last weekend

Wait, the guy who was interviewed said he was in town for the weekend visiting Wilma? How did she get separated from her friends that night?

He wakes up at 7 and sees she’s not at home?

“The whole weekend we were here we were going out, celebrating and then that night there was a game plan for her and when I woke up at 7 a.m. and she wasn’t home, that’s when I knew something wasn’t adding up.”
*I spy with my little eye some missing information in that sentence. imo

“The whole weekend we were here we were going out, celebrating and then that night there was a game plan for her and when I woke up at 7 a.m. and she wasn’t home, that’s when I knew something wasn’t adding up.”
*I spy with my little eye some missing information in that sentence. imo
This is just a general statement. How many times do we see cases here that begin with - friends go out drinking as a group. One friend is left behind or separates at some point and trouble ensues :mad:

I commend the family for including multiple pictures. She looks a bit different in each one, and that is useful in helping recognize her or in jogging memories of someone who might have seen her that night.

Not liking her phone being left where it was.

jmo

According to the FB group page, a person named D.O. is the group admin, so I believe posts made by D.O. can be discussed and quoted here on WS. Comments by other non-admin members there cannot be discussed here.
From the Social Media Rules (link is below this post):
"
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved."
(But be careful to to accuse people who have not been named POI by LE)

According to the FB group page, a person named D.O. is the group admin, so I believe posts made by D.O. can be discussed and quoted here on WS. Comments by other non-admin members there cannot be discussed here.
Thank you. Yes, but I don’t have a FB account, so the page is not viewable for me, apparently. All I get is a Login page.
If there is any notable update from the page’s admin, could someone kindly share it here?
—-
In the video on this KGW8 News article (from the first post on this thread), Wilma’s father is shown standing by the iron fence by the river, and pats the concrete pillar (or whatever it’s called) and says to the reporter interviewing him, “Right here.” (00:46 in the video)
I am guessing that is the exact spot where the phone was found?

I wonder if Wilma put it there, or did someone happen upon the phone on the ground nearby and put it there so no one would step on it accidentally and for better visibility, thinking the owner would come back looking for it. I’m thinking if it was on the ground, there could have been a struggle with someone and the phone got dropped. MOO

Thank you. Yes, but I don’t have a FB account, so the page is not viewable for me, apparently. All I get is a Login page.
If there is any notable update from the page’s admin, could someone kindly share it here?
—-
In the video on this KGW8 News article (from the first post on this thread), Wilma’s father is shown standing by the iron fence by the river, and pats the concrete pillar (or whatever it’s called) and says to the reporter interviewing him, “Right here.” (00:46 in the video)

I wonder if Wilma put it there, or did someone happen upon the phone on the ground nearby and put it there so no one would step on it accidentally and for better visibility, thinking the owner would come back looking for it. I’m thinking if it was on the ground, there could have been a struggle with someone and the phone got dropped. MOO
That is a very good point. Someone unconnected to the case might have found her phone on the ground and put it somewhere visible so if someone looking for a lost phone could find it easily. jmo

—-

There aren’t a ton of posts with new information from the admin of the page. I did find this one interesting though (this post is from D.O., the page’s admin so I’m pretty sure I’m allowed to link it):

Look at this post on Facebook Searching for Wilma Acosta | UPDATE ‼️ | Facebook
“UPDATE ‼️
There was an incident regarding a jacket sort of a tug-of-war between Wilma and some guy so when she left the bar, the guy hurried after her and then two other guys followed.

- Wilma’s parents were told that the cameras were not operating per police at the bar she was last seen at. Wilma’s parents and aunt decided to drive down themselves and went to the bar where their daughter was last seen. Wilma’s parents asked for video footage and they were able to see clear footage of what happened.

Truly frustrating and sad that the Oregon police gave the family false information to begin with. We truly need your help during this time. Anything is much appreciated! ”

Admin is also asking for anyone who’s had a negative experience at the Dixie Tavern Bar to share their stories.

Which is all sad information to say the least… not feeling good about Wilma’s well-being right now :(

FB link
Another FB link from the group admin there:

[...]
What we know for sure:
Wilma was appeared to be hanging out with a group of people at the Dixie Tavern on the early morning hours of Sunday November27TH and left the bar at approx 2:13am alone but a group of men seemed to be following behind her ( but many people were leaving the bar at the same time as it was closing). At 2:16am she called a friend back home and she was outside of the Dixie Tavern and it sounded like she was walking and the call dropped. Her friend (name removed) tried calling back a couple times and she didn’t answer.
[...]

For some reason, I am able to see the posts at the Searching For Wilma Acosta FB page @masquerading and @Dargon335 have linked. So, thank you!

This, by D.O. the Admin of the page (2 days ago) is of interest, too:
The story (from her friends from out of town) is that her friends left her at the bar (a male and female). She had a couple friends staying with her from out of town. Wilma wanted to get an application from the bar Tavern and the bar told her she needed to wait until closing to receive one, which is 2am. Her friends did not want to wait for her and left her there in the middle of the night with NO ride back! Her friends go back to Wilma’s place and when they woke up they realized she was still not home! Why they couldn’t wait for her for a little longer is beyond all of us and VERY sad that they left their own friend there to walk home.

I am sure the friends must be full of regret, but it’s so disappointing to keep hearing in cases when more regard is not had for leaving a friend alone at a bar late at night. MOO

Just to clarify .. the Admin (or a Moderator of the page) should be either a family member or close friend. In this case, checking D.O. out further, they are a close associate of a family member so we are allowing their info as an approved source.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back