Found Deceased OR - Wilma Acosta, 28, last seen at Dixie Tavern, phone found at Japanese American Historical Plaza, Portland, 26 Nov 2023

Why would Wilma have to wait until AFTER the bar closed at 2:00AM to get an employment application? MOO, but it would seem like a staff member could have provided an application without having to wait until closing time.

If Wilma was in fact told to wait until 2:00AM for an application, why wouldn't she leave with her group of friends and return another time for an application?

Based on MSM reports we know Wilma recently started a new healthcare job in the Portland area so clearly she was already employed.

Why would Wilma have to wait until AFTER the bar closed at 2:00AM to get an employment application? MOO, but it would seem like a staff member could have provided an application without having to wait until closing time.

If Wilma was in fact told to wait until 2:00AM for an application, why wouldn't she leave with her group of friends and return another time for an application?

Based on MSM reports we know Wilma recently started a new healthcare job in the Portland area so clearly she was already employed.
ITA, not being able to produce an application on the spot seems very strange. They could've also told her something like "Come back tomorrow after 11 AM when the boss is here, we'll have an application for you then, and (noncommitally) he/she can talk to you too". In fact, they could've chosen to interview her first, in order to gauge whether or not she would be a good fit, and if not, save themselves from having to read another application and check refs and all that. Indeed, there's much to be said for having a job applicant with a clear mind the next day (well, that day was the next day, but YKWIM).
IMO she probably wanted part-time employment to work around her new full-time job.
MOO

ITA, not being able to produce an application on the spot seems very strange. They could've also told her something like "Come back tomorrow after 11 AM when the boss is here, we'll have an application for you then, and (noncommitally) he/she can talk to you too". In fact, they could've chosen to interview her first, in order to gauge whether or not she would be a good fit, and if not, save themselves from having to read another application and check refs and all that. Indeed, there's much to be said for having a job applicant with a clear mind the next day (well, that day was the next day, but YKWIM).
IMO she probably wanted part-time employment to work around her new full-time job.
MOO
I agree regarding this application. Something seems strange IMO. Has LE confirmed this is standard procedure for anyone applying for employment at the Dixie Tavern?

There was an incident regarding a jacket sort of a tug-of-war between Wilma and some guy so when she left the bar, the guy hurried after her and then two other guys followed.
I also saw this statement reported by the FB group admin, D.O.

I'm not sure what a "jacket sort of a tug-of-war between Wilma and some guy" means, but if there was an incident then SOMEONE must have seen this and reported it. If this incident took place, who reported it, and has LE identified and interviewed this "guy"?

MOO
I could see the delay if the bar was really busy and a staff member couldn't spare the time to go into the office to grab an application. It's possible the person who handles applications wasn't working at the time so other staff members would have to search around the office, taking time away from serving customers.

jmo

Last edited:
I agree regarding this application. Something seems strange IMO. Has LE confirmed this is standard procedure for anyone applying for employment at the Dixie Tavern?

I also saw this statement reported by the FB group admin, D.O.

I'm not sure what a "jacket sort of a tug-of-war between Wilma and some guy" means, but if there was an incident then SOMEONE must have seen this and reported it. If this incident took place, who reported it, and has LE identified and interviewed this "guy"?
It might be that her parents are the ones who saw the “tug-of-war” incident after viewing the bar’s video footage and not that someone reported it prior. IMO
Regardless, agreed, it would be good to know what this was about, and if these three guys have been identified and questioned!

Wilma’s parents were told that the cameras were not operating per police at the bar she was last seen at. Wilma’s parents and aunt decided to drive down themselves and went to the bar where their daughter was last seen. Wilma’s parents asked for video footage and they were able to see clear footage of what happened.
So the video cameras at the bar WERE operational? The above information seems to conflict.

So the video cameras at the bar WERE operational? The above information seems to conflict.
Apparently, yes, because in the full post by D.O. at the Search FB page, her last paragraph implies that the camera was working: (bolded by me below)
MOO

D.O. wrote:
”There was an incident regarding a jacket sort of a tug-of-war between Wilma and some guy so when she left the bar, the guy hurried after her and then two other guys followed.
- Wilma’s parents were told that the cameras were not operating per police at the bar she was last seen at. Wilma’s parents and aunt decided to drive down themselves and went to the bar where their daughter was last seen. Wilma’s parents asked for video footage and they were able to see clear footage of what happened.
Truly frustrating and sad that the Oregon police gave the family false information to begin with. We truly need your help during this time. Anything is much appreciated!”

Wilma-Acosta.png

Wilma's best friend, Manny Luna Medel of Gilroy, was with Wilma at the bar on the night she disappeared. He said she stayed at the bar after he left.

"That was the last time I saw her, going back inside Dixie Tavern," he said.

Wilma's brother, Michael Lopez, recently returned to Gilroy after taking part in the search.

"There’s no way that she would do a no-call or no-show at work," he said. "There’s no way she would just stop communicating like that."

3 days ago, D.O. of the Searching for Wilma Acosta FB page wrote in the comment section:

What we know for sure:
Wilma was appeared to be hanging out with a group of people at the Dixie Tavern on the early morning hours of Sunday November27TH and left the bar at approx 2:13am alone but a group of men seemed to be following behind her ( but many people were leaving the bar at the same time as it was closing). At 2:16am she called a friend back home and she was outside of the Dixie Tavern and it sounded like she was walking and the call dropped. Her friend [T]* tried calling back a couple times and she didn’t answer.

*name of friend removed by me
Also, seems D.O. mistakenly wrote the wrong date. Sunday was Nov 26, not 27

The call to a friend at 2:16AM—
Doesn't that seem alarming that she called someone at that time? It isn’t the friend who was visiting her, it’s some other male “back home”, which I presume means from her hometown, MOO.
For one thing, younger people (yeah, I’m old) prefer to text, not call unless it’s urgent, isn’t that generally true?
For another, it’s 2:16AM. unless she knew the friend was up, most would be asleep at that time.

MOO

3 days ago, D.O. of the Searching for Wilma Acosta FB page wrote in the comment section:

What we know for sure:
Wilma was appeared to be hanging out with a group of people at the Dixie Tavern on the early morning hours of Sunday November27TH and left the bar at approx 2:13am alone but a group of men seemed to be following behind her ( but many people were leaving the bar at the same time as it was closing). At 2:16am she called a friend back home and she was outside of the Dixie Tavern and it sounded like she was walking and the call dropped. Her friend [T]* tried calling back a couple times and she didn’t answer.

*name of friend removed by me
Also, seems D.O. mistakenly wrote the wrong date. Sunday was Nov 26, not 27

The call to a friend at 2:16AM—
Doesn't that seem alarming that she called someone at that time? It isn’t the friend who was visiting her, it’s some other male “back home”, which I presume means from her hometown, MOO.
For one thing, younger people (yeah, I’m old) prefer to text, not call unless it’s urgent, isn’t that generally true?
For another, it’s 2:16AM. unless she knew the friend was up, most would be asleep at that time.

MOO
It's not uncommon at all for people who are drinking to "drunk dial" a bunch of people they know, even in the early morning hours

Her phone being found on the ground in the park is concerning, perhaps an indication of a physical argument, given the info about what was happening before she left the bar?

Her phone could have slipped out of her pocket, but imo this altercation *should* be investigated

As for her company that night, people can want/need to leave for whatever reason before others are ready to leave. To me, this is no different than going out alone, which is something I used to do frequently at her age

To add additional context, I also went to college in a river town and that river claimed lives on a regular basis. There are people that believe it's a serial killer - the "smiley face" killer - and others who think people drowned through alcohol related accidents

Last edited:
Since Wilma's parents asked for and apparently were shown video of Wilma at Dixie Tavern, hopefully LE also has the same video and can identify the man (men?) Wilma interacted with before leaving the tavern. If there was an altercation, IMO it seems likely one or more workers at the Dixie Tavern would have also seen the incident and given that information to local LE.

Dec 17, 2023 article

[…]
In two public statements, police have said Wilma was suicidal and suggested she took her own life.

[…]

Wilma’s brother Mike said she may have been assaulted by someone at the seawall or on the way back to her apartment, which was one-and-a-half miles away.

[…]

Dec 17, 2023 article

[…]
In two public statements, police have said Wilma was suicidal and suggested she took her own life.

[…]

Wilma’s brother Mike said she may have been assaulted by someone at the seawall or on the way back to her apartment, which was one-and-a-half miles away.

[…]

I wonder how LE arrived at the conclusion she was suicidal?

And, regardless, she needs to be found.

Moo.

Has anyone found more information regarding this alleged interaction with a man, or men, around the time she left Dixie Tavern?

IIRC, LE suggested the video cameras at the Dixie Tavern were not working that evening. However her parents claim they were shown video of an 'altercation' between Wilma and a male customer shortly before Wilma left the tavern. If an altercation/interaction between Wilma and a male took place, I'd like to more about that.

The media has been reporting that Wilma was suicidal since November 28.

I would guess LE had past info about suicidal ideation from her family? Yet her family is saying there was some type of altercation, LE says no video, the family says there is video, etc. Something does not add up for me. It feels like there's not a huge LE push to find her, imo. Is it because LE has already concluded self harm in her case? That's why I asked my question. It seems like LE has concluded self harm but the family points to an altercation. Why has LE seemingly concluded self harm at this time? Just trying to figure out why there is the dichotomy. Imo.

It feels like there's not a huge LE push to find her, imo. Is it because LE has already concluded self harm in her case? That's why I asked my question. It seems like LE has concluded self harm but the family points to an altercation. Why has LE seemingly concluded self harm at this time? Just trying to figure out why there is the dichotomy. Imo.
Really good point.
Have there been any searches completed by law enforcement?
I'm not aware of any. This seems really strange.
Usually when someone goes missing by a body of water there are a bunch of searches completed by emergency personnel
Has any agency searched the river?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoodVibess24
Back