PA PA - Kathy Shea, 6, Tyrone, 18 March 1965

Its been quite a while since I came across the "22 Faces" article. I have not heard anything more from the state trooper to whom I spoke, nor did I expect to. I agree with everyone here who said it seems so far fetched, especially since the therapist (supposedly of sound mind, lol) did not call LE. Such a strange story for someone to tell. I grew up in Altoona, PA, and was nine was Kathy was taken. As another poster said, there were not too many kidnappings that we heard of back then, and this was a smaller, rural area where everyone tends to know everyone. This one will always bother me, and I hope against all odds that this case is solved.

Its been quite a while since I came across the "22 Faces" article. I have not heard anything more from the state trooper to whom I spoke, nor did I expect to. I agree with everyone here who said it seems so far fetched, especially since the therapist (supposedly of sound mind, lol) did not call LE. Such a strange story for someone to tell. I grew up in Altoona, PA, and was nine was Kathy was taken. As another poster said, there were not too many kidnappings that we heard of back then, and this was a smaller, rural area where everyone tends to know everyone. This one will always bother me, and I hope against all odds that this case is solved.

I was a year older than Kathy and living in Monroeville when she was kidnapped. I was very affected by my mother's response to this kidnapping, and have never forgotten Kathy. Someone has to know what happened to her

Bumping case up. Next March will mark the 50 year anniversary of Kathy's disappearance.

Bumping case up. Next March will mark the 50 year anniversary of Kathy's disappearance.

Thank you, Richard-I lived in Pennsylvania at the time of Kathy's disappearance, and have never forgotten her. She is the reason that I came to Websleuths years ago.

Bumping this up-This is the case, among all of the cases here, that I wish I knew the answer to.

In Tyrone, was there any molesters in the area that lived there? When Kathy went missing?

Hmm-my money is on a local child molester who knew that he might be able to catch her alone while walking to school. No genius supposition on my part; child molesters were in any and all kinds of neighborhoods, often flying completely below the radar. I suppose she could have been grabbed by a person and taken away by car. It doesn't look like we'll ever know-her abductor must almost certainly be dead now

This an interesting article; it contains more information than most of the other articles written about this case. I wonder how much weight LE places on the statement of the patrol boys who talked about the guy in the car, who asked specifically about Kathy? The disappearance of this little girl changed the way my mother looked at letting us walk to and from school-she still didn't take us to school herself, because she didn't have a car, but under no circumstances were we to accept a ride with a stranger. I would love to know what happened to her

Reactions: Hap
What are the circumstances regarding her stopping to say hello to the neighbor? I don't remember ever doing that in my 12 years of walking back and forth to school. Maybe, I might wave at someone as I passed but that would be it. Sort of sounds odd to me but could be true of course.

JMoose, are you from the area?

I used to live in Monroeville PA-not all that far from Tyrone. This little girl's disappearance was big news where I lived. I'd like to know what happened to Kathy, but it looks like we never will.

My mother recently told me while watching an episode of stranger things that my grandfather was apart of the search for Kathy, alluding to the scene of all of the characters doing a wide search for Will. I asked her more about it and she says that my grandmother had spoken to Kathy's mother before her passing. According to her they believed it was a family member, an uncle or something that was unstable who kidnapped her. It's not much, and I'm not sure how accurate this information is but I hope this helps to at least find out what happened to her.

Reactions: Hap
My mother recently told me while watching an episode of stranger things that my grandfather was apart of the search for Kathy, alluding to the scene of all of the characters doing a wide search for Will. I asked her more about it and she says that my grandmother had spoken to Kathy's mother before her passing. According to her they believed it was a family member, an uncle or something that was unstable who kidnapped her. It's not much, and I'm not sure how accurate this information is but I hope this helps to at least find out what happened to her.

This is very interesting-and if true, then the police must have investigated the family member, and found nothing. I would say that this means we will never know what happened to Kathy.

Does anyone have info on the article? Did the family go to the cops with this info?

Was it common for 6 year olds to walk alone back then? I picture my nieces and nephews and I would freak out if they walked alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysonsmother
Back