PA PA - Monroe Twp, 'Penny Doe', WhtFem 20-40, 246UFPA, near RR trestle, Rt leg broken, Jul'90

Just a thought....I guess someone was either demeaning her by leaving a mere two cent tip or may have been offering his "two cents" (for what it's worth).

With regard to the broken leg, do they mean a healed fracture?

That's what I had assumed at first but I noticed that the Doe Network profile contains inaccuracies regarding some details. For example she was found by children "hunting for berries" but in the Doe profile these became teenagers hunting for bears (in June which made little sense). Made me wonder about the fractured leg, whether it was actually the case, and whether it was healed or not.

On a different note, details about her teeth are interesting. People who never saw a dentist and yet made it to adulthood without ever having a single cavity must be quite rare. I think she never saw a dentist because if she had the dentist would at least have pulled the lingering baby tooth. I wonder how common it is to still have a baby tooth at such an "advanced" age?

Penny Doe's teeth...

I actually did a google awhile ago about adult teeth and baby teeth. Couldn't really find anything giving a percentage of population that this occurs with. But it seems far more common that I thought it would be. I went ahead and re-googled today just so I could provide some links for you. I'm not sure how reliable these sites are but here you go:
http://ask.metafilter.com/31598/Baby-teeth-at-26

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/search.php?searchid=6681837

There are some posters claiming to be 16 yrs, 39 yrs, and even 43 yrs old that still have baby teeth.
I remember going to the American Dental Association website, but couldn't find my way around:waitasec:.

The condition of her teeth had me wondering if she had good dental care in the beginning of her life. Something maybe changed when she became a pre-teen or even a teenager. Maybe the family income changed? Maybe a runaway? Maybe she had been in foster care and fell between the cracks? Maybe she hadn't been 'lost' for long enough of a time for her teeth to start showing neglect when she was found?

Penny Doe's flyer doesn't say if she had wisdom teeth or not, but I am assuming that she did because they give the age estimate as being between 15 - 22 years. Most of the dental sites I looked at say that wisdoms usually come in between 17 - 21 years.

I actually know a guy who had no adult teeth--only baby teeth. Had to get implants.

Clarion is just a bit north of me--why did I not know of this case earlier?

There is a university up there IIRC, maybe she was brought in and killed by a student up there?

I actually know a guy who had no adult teeth--only baby teeth. Had to get implants.

Clarion is just a bit north of me--why did I not know of this case earlier?

There is a university up there IIRC, maybe she was brought in and killed by a student up there?

This unidentified female's case hasn't received much publicity at all. Maybe because it happened in such a rural area and it was almost 20 years ago.
Clarion University of Pennsylvania is located there, but it is still a very rural area. The Clarion River doesn't run through the town but winds around just on the outskirts of Clarion. A university student bringing the victim there is a possibility.
The fact that a letter was sent to LE concerning the victim means that someone out there knows something.

I have half a notion to make up copies of her flyer and post them around the area when I make my trip to their library. There is a mall in Clarion, a public library, a college, a main street with shops .... sure there are many places to put flyers. Why not get the locals thinking about this case? Maybe LE will end up receiving another letter or something.

I just want this 'Penny Doe' to have her name back. She was somebody's daughter.

Here's an attempt to make the composite look like a younger girl. Just a try.
moreyouthful.jpg

Zanko,

Thank you so much. Her reconstruction photo really resembles Merideth Ann Medina to me even more now.

p.s. James Stewart is my very favorite actor!:) So, I absolutely love your avatar!!

My daughter was 14 when she had an extra baby tooth pulled that was still in there causing crowding and there was NO Permanent tooth above it to come down and replace it.

I was born without WISDOM teeth.....never had em never will, my dad is the same no wisdom teeth.

Got a response from the Penny lady ALREADY

here it is

I’m afraid I don’t have any information to offer on that point. People do put lucky pennies in specific places but I don’t know of any widespread custom of a penny in each pocket. Sorry!

Zanko,

Thank you so much. Her reconstruction photo really resembles Merideth Ann Medina to me even more now.

p.s. James Stewart is my very favorite actor!:) So, I absolutely love your avatar!!

Thank you.

Got a response from the Penny lady ALREADY

here it is

I’m afraid I don’t have any information to offer on that point. People do put lucky pennies in specific places but I don’t know of any widespread custom of a penny in each pocket. Sorry!

Wow! That was quick! Thank you so much for trying! :blowkiss:

Wow! That was quick! Thank you so much for trying! :blowkiss:
Your welcome and feel free to send me a friend request at myspace and I will add you.....the link it under my post Jockandjanedoe

Thanks and Good Luck I will be checking in

Just some more thoughts today about 'Penny'.

Maybe it wasn't a local that threw this young lady away like garbage. When we went to the area and took pictures the train tracks had been removed. I wonder when they did this? Is it possible that a worker knew about this trestle being there because he worked on the removal? Many rails-to-trails have been made from old railroad track beds.

Also, there was a large swath cut for power lines that was perpendicular to the tracks ...the angle met almost exactly on top of the trestle. Anybody that worked on the crew that did the clear cutting would know about the trestle, also. I wonder how to find out if they did any clear cutting then for power lines there?

Just some thoughts I had today.

Hi Talisman,
I will help with your search. I live pretty close to Clarion and I know some of the local people in and around that area. If you want to put up some posters, just let me know. I was thinking about posting on the local message boards in the area.
You did a great job on your site for Penny!
:clap:
Ladyhawk

Hi Talisman,
I will help with your search. I live pretty close to Clarion and I know some of the local people in and around that area. If you want to put up some posters, just let me know. I was thinking about posting on the local message boards in the area.
You did a great job on your site for Penny!
:clap:
Ladyhawk

You have no idea how excited I was when I read your post!! Thank you so much for the offer of help.:woohoo:

How do you find the local message boards? I never thought of that. As you can probably tell from Penny Doe's myspace ... I am not great at computer stuff, but I did put my heart into making the page. I am glad you like it, though!

Thank yo so much for remembering this Jane Doe. She really seems to have been forgotten.

Somebody, somewhere has to be missing her or searching for her ... they just have to.

Thank you so much, Ladyhawk.:blowkiss:

Talisman

Hi Talisman,
I just posted on www.topix.com/forum/city/sligo-pa I would post on all the small towns around Clarion I can find. I hope what I wrote was ok. Would it be okay to link your myspace page on the forums too so they can check out your site on Penny?
Well this is what I wrote Subject: Who was Penny?
Hi,
Do you remember me? Some people remember me as Clarion County Jane Doe. I was in your area around May 1990. I was discovered on Friday, June 22, 1990 in a stream bed by Road 535 in Monroe Township, Clarion County, PA, aprroximately 3 miles South of I-80 near Reidsburg. Maybe I was at the Music Alley Memorial Sunday Concert on May 27 near St. Petersburg. Remember I had long brown hair with a black short-sleeve shirt with an attached floral vest? In the summer of 2002, someone was thinking of me. Remember the letter you wrote? Maybe you can write again.
Well off to post a couple more.

Take Care
Ladyhawk

You are incredible!! I want to thank you so much ... yes you can link the myspace! Anything to get her information out there is fine with me!!:blowkiss:

OK Talisman

I posted on Topix for Clarion and St. Petersburg right now. I will wait a couple days to see if we get any responses. I will then do like a few more little towns around the area. That way the messages won't be lost deep into the forum. I will post on some other sites besides the Topix site just keep your fingers crossed.

Keep the Faith Talisman! :thumb:
Ladyhawk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams