Identified! PA - Philadelphia, 'Boy in the Box', WhtMale 4-6, 4UMPA, Feb'57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in knowing who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy was that was put in the orphanage, I know they said they found him in an orphanage. I don't think and feel LE ever really saw this boy. I feel they just took some ones word for it he was there.I feel someone in the orphanage(I need to know which orphanage he was put into and who the boy was. I want to look into him and this other boy again) said he was there when he wasn't.

The Horsham suspects it says in David Stouts book they traced him? It doesn't say where and the boy in the picture was related to someone staying at the farm. He said the boy in the picture looked remarkably like the boy in the box.

Please help me and let me know who these boys were.

No, Suzanne. I never heard anything back - which doesn't surprise me.

You have worked SO hard on this it's hard to believe there are no clues that have come out. Every time I google what I think could help I find you've already tried it. I may be away from the internet until the 3rd of June but I'm still out here. Have you talked to Todd Matthews at all?

No, Suzanne. I never heard anything back - which doesn't surprise me.

You have worked SO hard on this it's hard to believe there are no clues that have come out. Every time I google what I think could help I find you've already tried it. I may be away from the internet until the 3rd of June but I'm still out here. Have you talked to Todd Matthews at all?

Thank You. Thank you for trying to help him and skeet too.This little boy in the box's case is the only case I have worked this hard on besides my own I have come up with severe brick walls with them.Unless this little one really is an illegal immigrant. I am starting to be VERY convinced his identity can be found in boys already checked with this little boy in the box and have already been ruled out. Probably one of the early leads.Please help me find out who they were.

I'm also very convinced he was in an orphanage,foster home,chlidren's home,institution or maybe even a hospital and that place covered it up. I just need to find out who these boys were to see for my self.I should not have to be fighting this hard for this poor little boy. Who is covering up something and why?

These are the first 3 boys I feel should be checked. Please let me know if someone finds out who they are ok?

First I am very interested in knowing who the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy put in that orphanage was and check him again with DNA this time.

Also who the the boy in the picture was found with the Horsham suspects was and check him too with DNA.

I feel the 3rd strong lead would be to check DNA with the lady that came to the grave site I mentioned before with a pictures of a boy that looked like our boy.I am pretty very positive that ladies DNA and boy was never checked.It's on a post further up who I thought that lady at the grave site was.

These are the 3 leads I feel strongly about.Some one please help me and tell me who they were.I just want to see for myself who they were and if I think it was them or not.I feel all boys checked should be looked into again.

Thank You all for trying to call. I hope some other people will try to call too and find out the status and any updates about him and see if they are going to do this isotope testing for him to help find out more about him. Please do not give up on him .The answers are out there somewhere of who he is. I hope and pray someone will re investigate his case again.

Has any one else called to find out what is going on in his case too?

May I please put this blanket here again. I do feel this blanket will be what helps identify him. Does any one recognize or remember a blanket like this in 1957 by someone you knew or in an orphanage,children's home,foster home or institution.

This is the blanket the boy in the box was found in.

Blanket-ENLG_zps612f1b8f.jpg

A faded blanket made of cheap cotton flannel. The blanket was clean, appearing to have been washed recently. It had a plaid design with diamonds and blocks in green, rust, brown, and white.

May I please put this blanket here again. I do feel this blanket will be what helps identify him. Does any one recognize or remember a blanket like this in 1957.

A faded blanket made of cheap cotton flannel. The blanket was clean, appearing to have been washed recently. It had a plaid design with diamonds and blocks in green, rust, brown, and white.

Here it is in colour

KGrHqNnkFBIJvzPBROQmw60_1_zps28ee4b48.jpg

Thank you. May I please say that's not the same blanket. It's the same pattern.But different colors than the blanket he was found in.It's one I found awhile ago on ebay and posted a bit ago.The one he was found in had these other colors.It had a plaid design with diamonds and blocks in green, rust, brown, and white.I do wish they had or will put out a color picture of the blanket he was found in.

:facepalm:
Oops
Ok then, here's a swatch of the actual blanket:

SWATCH.JPG

:facepalm:
Oops
Ok then, here's a swatch of the actual blanket:

SWATCH.JPG

I think this is all that's left of it they have. How do you lose or ruin two big parts of a blanket that's evidence? Some hairs were I believe lost too. I'll try and find where I read it.

Ok.I found it.

From America's Unknown Child's website. SAMPLE E-MAIL MESSAGES & RESPONSES

Topic: The Investigation

Thank you for your input. The cardboard box underwent a thorough physical examination at the crime lab. However, we do not know whether or not the investigators checked all of the items specifically mentioned in your message. Unfortunately, only two small fragments of the box and a tiny swatch of material from the blanket have survived, so it is no longer possible to perform the tests you recommend.

http://americasunknownchild.net/Investigation.html

Here is the information on the hairs.

http://americasunknownchild.net/Investigation.html

In an article in the March 17, 1957 issue of the Philadelphia Bulletin, it states that all the evidence was turned over to the FBI for their investigation. Did any of the evidence, etc. come back to the city, or was everything out of their hands with the FBI takeover of the case?

Unfortunately, you can't always believe what you read in the newspaper. The story in the Philadelphia Bulletin is only partially true, and somewhat misleading. The FBI never assumed control of the Boy in the Box investigation (it was essentially a local matter), nor was any evidence "turned over" to the FBI.

What actually happened was this: The FBI offered to assist the Philadelphia police department with certain aspects of the investigation. This assistance included examining the evidence at the FBI crime lab. The evidence sent to the FBI for further expert analysis in 1957 included samples of hair found on the boy's nude body. Also, there were hairs retrieved from inside the cap that was found nearby. The FBI sent a report of their analysis to the Philadelphia Police Department and returned all the evidence sent to them as well.

Unfortunately, while the envelopes that formerly contained the hairs remain in the custody of the Medical Examiner's Office, the hairs themselves no longer exist. The envelopes are empty and it is not known if the hairs disintegrated over the years or were just plain lost due to so many handling them. The blue cap is still in police custody, but the blanket (except for a tiny fragment) cannot be located. Only two small pieces of the J.C. Penney bassinet box have survived.

Hello,
I have been reading about our boy lately.
I have some questions I hope someone can answer.
There was. Little girl found in a NY park murdered wrapped in an undershirt
They thought she may be connected to our boy.
Does anyone know if she was identified?
Also does anyone have any extra info on the Horsham farm suspects?
It looks like from the photo they have a middle aged woman and a 12 or 13 year old boy and the other woman in the photo has a baby
''''A possible reason to buy a bassinet '''''
Is it true they had the third piece of blanket and a picture of the boy?
It seems like people were just pitching kids on the side of the road back then.
It makes me think these were not simpler times.

Hello,
I have been reading about our boy lately.
I have some questions I hope someone can answer.
There was. Little girl found in a NY park murdered wrapped in an undershirt
They thought she may be connected to our boy.
Does anyone know if she was identified?
Also does anyone have any extra info on the Horsham farm suspects?
It looks like from the photo they have a middle aged woman and a 12 or 13 year old boy and the other woman in the photo has a baby
''''A possible reason to buy a bassinet '''''
Is it true they had the third piece of blanket and a picture of the boy?
It seems like people were just pitching kids on the side of the road back then.
It makes me think these were not simpler times.

Hi
It is very nice to meet you.One of my very first post on here years ago said what you just did. I agree with you. For many years I thought the Horsham suspects and the boy in the picture found at their farm was and is our boy in the box. I felt I knew they were related to our boy and I looked no where where else for many years.I'm usually never wrong with my first thoughts.I also felt like there was a cover up here with them or where the boy went.They were my # one suspects for many years.I just a few years back started looking for other possibilities. Like the Manayunk Pennsylvania boy put in the orphanage and the lady at the grave site with pictures of a little boy that looked like our boy.

David Stout's book says a lady called the LE and said a boy use to live there that isn't any more.She came up when our boy was being buried.The lady linked the blanket to their farm.She said that part of the blanket that was missing could be found there.(It wasn't found there)In David Stouts book he says they traced? the boy in the picture(Where I do not know.I would please like to know) and he was a relative or related to someone staying at the farm.I am very interested in the 20 year old man that was said to be living there.He was not in the picture. He fit the description(as much as I know) of the man that bought the hat?

I don't know if they ever identied the little girl from New York. I thought I read some where they did.But I really don't know.I'm sorry.

I do feel our boy was possibly in an orphanage or institution type place though.It would fit if our boy use to live there and put in a place like that and died in the orphanage.

I'll try and find my post years I posted awhile ago ok?

Hi
I feel they will find thier answers with the Horsham suspects.

http://www.americasunknownchild.net/Archives5Text.html#fourq

http://www.americasunknownchild.net/Archives7Text.html#momq

http://americasunknownchild.net/Archives1Text.html#CSIBM

In the article mother of 9 quizzed,she was questioned bacause she looked like the lady near the car that was seen near the area of where the boy in the box was found.If you look closely she resembles the Horsham suspect lady.There is a boy in the Horsham suspect picture the may resemble the couple found near (lady and boy)the car near the area where the boy in the box was found.

I feel the boy died getting his hair cut in the bath.He was fighting because he did not want his hair cut.I believe the autopsy said no old bruises?Did he change care takers or was he visiting someone.

suzanne

Ok.I found my post from 12-11-2006. I agree with you and want to know more of the Horsham suspects and the boy found in the picture at their farm. Since they traced? that boy can they now do DNA testing for a possible match with the boy found in that picture at their farm for a possible match to our boy?

Ms Suzanne
Thank you for your reply.
I am glad this website is keeping our boys case open
I agree with you about his violent death happening during his hair cut.I have
Researched many of the large instatutuions for children
Pennhurst ,Willow Brook ,The Ladd School, Of course the death rate was very high in these terrible places. They also had cemeteries with unmarked graves.
They prob had crematoriums. If they wanted to make a child's body go away they certainly could. Why go out of your way to hide a body.
I would like to know about any small Orphanages in the area.
I also have questions about where they found his body.
Was it a place that only townies would know of to dump trash?
Or is it a place you could happen to find on your own
Also questioning what seems to be an odd protacol about placing dead
bodies, that of our boy and the cat with blankets.
I think it was Pat Brown that said people who murder children often place them in an area they know about, some place close to them
As with the Casey Anthoney case.

You mentioned a lady at his grave crying holding pictures.
I had not heard of this. If this was his mother or Aunt or Grandmother it proves he was loved in life. Maybe not protected, but loved.

Hi Thank You for caring about him. Other people and I will answer questions as best as I can. There is not really a lot out there about him. They say a little bit and then not the rest of the story. It's very irritating.The area they say locals would dump their trash there.The area looks much different today then it did then. I think it looked very dark and remote area back then.I honestly in my honest opinion feel someone just drove as far as they could and went off a side road to dump him. I do not feel they knew this area at all or the boy was from there.But that is just my feelings and what I think. I know someone who was raised in fox Chase. She showed me this area.She said EVERY ONE knew each other back then. Everyone knew each others business. she said NO ONE knew who this little boy was. He was not from the area. I believed her. But she did say don't rule out the foster home. It could be a real possibility.I haven't. But I feel the boys hair cut was not the same as the hair cuts the foster care gave the kids staying there. Our boys hair cut looks to me like a institution or orphanage,foster home hair cut. But I just don't know.

The part of the blanket with the dead cat wrapped in a mans sweater and paper bag like was they said found about a quarter mile from him. I'm still trying to find the exact location of where they were found. I can't find it. I want to see it on a map. The blanket was similar to what the boy in the box was found in.But not the same blanket.

From America's Unknown Child website. Case summary.

A torn, stained piece of blanket and a dead cat wrapped in a man's gray sweater were found lying together in a depression in the ground about a quarter mile from where the boy's nude body was found. Lying on top of the cat and blanket was a piece of crumpled, sodden brown wrapping paper. The blanket fragment was similar in type and quality to the blanket that was found with the boy's body. However, subsequent analysis at the police laboratory revealed that it was not part of the same blanket. Chemical analysis of the other items also had negative results.

I posted a while up about the woman at the grave site. It's in David Stout's book.First page and further in the book too. She said she had pictures of a little boy. I don't believe they ever checked her DNA. I really think they should.

He was malnourished for about a year. I was thinking maybe DHS or some Child agency took the boy away from the parent's or some thing and he died getting into a place or maybe he was given up for adoption. I just don't know. I just think it is very very sad he does not have his real name on his grave.He was a little child. He deserves his real name and the truth.

Here's a pictures of the area.

http://americasunknownchild.net/SitePics.html

http://americasunknownchild.net/map.htm

Ms Suzanne
I am so sorry if I am asking you too many questions
But my next question is about the foster family.
I find it very strange this family seems shrouded.
I had a hard time finding their last name. The media today would be all over this family.
I have never seen a picture of them only their house.
It is my understanding they were able to get mtdna from our boy,and the only living person in the foster family is the possible mother.
Why is the agency handling the case refusing to test her?
She is in a nursing home they are running out of time to make a connection.
Maybe they are waiting for her death to test her.
Thank you for your help.

Ms Suzanne
I am so sorry if I am asking you too many questions
But my next question is about the foster family.
I find it very strange this family seems shrouded.
I had a hard time finding their last name. The media today would be all over this family.
I have never seen a picture of them only their house.
It is my understanding they were able to get mtdna from our boy,and the only living person in the foster family is the possible mother.
Why is the agency handling the case refusing to test her?
She is in a nursing home they are running out of time to make a connection.
Maybe they are waiting for her death to test her.
Thank you for your help.

That's ok. A lot of questions are what I believe going to solve this little boy's case and find out who he is and what happened to him.Your doing very good.Thank you. I believe there is not a lot of information out there on the foster people because LE has ruled them out. It says I believe in David Stout's book( up dated) LE did later do DNA on Anna Marie Nagel and the DNA did not match our boy. I'm am interested in a picture of them too.

Here is David Stout's book. It has a lot of updates on our boy. I wish they would put these up dates on the America's Unknown Child's website. Not everyone has the book.

The Boy in the Box: The Unsolved Case of America's Unknown Child: David Stout: 9781599212692

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph