PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #3

OriginalJerseyGirl

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
Reaction score
CBS 3: Couple Missing For Weeks

Couple Missing For Weeks

Mar 3, 2005 9:46 am US/Eastern
PHILADELPHIA (AP) Police are asking for the publics help in locating a couple whose families said disappeared more than a week ago.

Richard Petrone, 35, of South Philadelphia, and his girlfriend, Danielle Imbo, 34, of Mount Laurel, N.J., were last seen Feb. 19 as they got into Petrones truck on South Street after leaving the Abilene bar and restaurant, Philadelphia police Chief Inspector Joseph Fox said Wednesday.

Airport parking lots, bus facilities, railroad stations and hospitals have been searched and there has been no activity on either Petrones or Imbos credit cards or cell phones, Fox said.

Investigators also have not located Petrones black 2001 Dodge Dakota truck, with Pennsylvania tags YFH-2319.

Anyone with information is asked to call police.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this story again on Disappeared
The police were adamant that was a murder for hire
So who would want them dead?
I believe only one person that we know would want them dead but apparently there is no proof and at this point does not look like there ever will be
or perhaps the police have someone else in mind----- but I doubt it.

Just saw this story again on Disappeared
The police were adamant that was a murder for hire
So who would want them dead?
I believe only one person that we know would want them dead but apparently there is no proof and at this point does not look like there ever will be
or perhaps the police have someone else in mind----- but I doubt it.
They know; they just can’t cobble together the evidence to arrest the only real suspect.

They know; they just can’t cobble together the evidence to arrest the only real suspect.

It bugs me that in cases like this, where they probably have a suspect in mind, without enough evidence, that they can't put more pressure on that person--- so in too many cases the suspect gets away with murder. This occurs far too often, especially with missing children: I can name four or five right now where the police know the mother is involved but there is not enough evidence- there is no pressure on the suspect who has basically gotten away with murder.

It bugs me that in cases like this, where they probably have a suspect in mind, without enough evidence, that they can't put more pressure on that person--- so in too many cases the suspect gets away with murder. This occurs far too often, especially with missing children: I can name four or five right now where the police know the mother is involved but there is not enough evidence- there is no pressure on the suspect who has basically gotten away with murder.
There is another case here (probably a great many), where the police know exactly who did it, and cannot talk to the one and only suspect, because he has a lawyer and cannot be forced to talk to the police. It’s terrible.

For me carjacking is the lowest possibility. Not ruling out entirely, just not at the top of my list. It was not quite 12 midnight and although it was quite cold I think there would still have been some traffic and people out. If it was a water accident it had to be a road close to water not heavily traveled otherwise someone would have seen it happen. I have read Joe was 5’9” and depending on the article he weighed 200 lbs or 150. If he was 200, he was a stocky fellow, add in he is Italian (nothing negative here) just that I would not see him going out without a fight, especially to save Danielle who it seemed he really cared about. How could they both be subdued without any evidence left behind, which could be what @zecats suggested, someone was in the truck waiting and made them drive somewhere. Who knows, this is a real mystery!
Interesting theory about someone perhaps lying in wait in the truck. I am reminded of that episode in I believe ‘Better Call Saul’ when an ‘inebriated’ Mike had earlier been in the police car and set it up to be at the ready once he was later arrested and taken for his supposed last ride. MOO.

“him” got away with it so far, and that’s likely to continue

was it a favor hit, or was it a cash transaction … and the “him” didn’t work the deal/transaction

i think they were forced to leave the city in a different vehicle, and not necessarily alive not long after they left abilene’s, and one of the perps drove petrone’s truck to a chop shop in the city or southwest of the city.

“him” likely doesn’t know the perp whos nor the how much, and he likely didn’t know the when until after it happened

family member’s friends, and so forth

“him” got away with it so far, and that’s likely to continue

was it a favor hit, or was it a cash transaction … and the “him” didn’t work the deal/transaction

i think they were forced to leave the city in a different vehicle, and not necessarily alive not long after they left abilene’s, and one of the perps drove petrone’s truck to a chop shop in the city or southwest of the city.

“him” likely doesn’t know the perp whos nor the how much, and he likely didn’t know the when until after it happened

family member’s friends, and so forth

Makes sense-- "him" has clearly gotten away with it. I don't see anything changing.

I know a lot of people seem to think that Danielle was the target, that it was personal and that the responsible person was someone close to her.

So this may be an unpopular opinion, but I am not convinced if this and rather I feel that there is a connection to the opioid market. I don’t believe Richard or Danielle was involved in the opioid market, but I feel someone either thought one or both of them knew something, wanted them to do something or wanted them to turn a blind eye to something and they were killed because they wouldn’t.

I knew of Danielle (through business, but never met personally) and coincidentally know someone who was questioned after the in-jail suicide of someone that some people thought was involved. (This person was questioned because of phone calls between them around the time of Richard & Danielle’s disappearance. The calls were 100% business only and the person I know had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.)

I hope that this is all solved soon and the families can find out what happened and hopefully lay them to rest and get justice.

I know a lot of people seem to think that Danielle was the target, that it was personal and that the responsible person was someone close to her.

So this may be an unpopular opinion, but I am not convinced if this and rather I feel that there is a connection to the opioid market. I don’t believe Richard or Danielle was involved in the opioid market, but I feel someone either thought one or both of them knew something, wanted them to do something or wanted them to turn a blind eye to something and they were killed because they wouldn’t.

I knew of Danielle (through business, but never met personally) and coincidentally know someone who was questioned after the in-jail suicide of someone that some people thought was involved. (This person was questioned because of phone calls between them around the time of Richard & Danielle’s disappearance. The calls were 100% business only and the person I know had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.)

I hope that this is all solved soon and the families can find out what happened and hopefully lay them to rest and get justice.
wait, what?

wait, what?
What do you mean by “wait, what?”.

The information you provided about the calls was very interesting. I think the wait, what? was because many of us haven't really heard this before.

I have always thought they are in a body of water, misadventure, maybe drank more than they realized. If someone was indeed waiting in their car for nefarious reasons, I am wondering if he did a defensive maneuver and intentionally drove into water thinking they could escape. In that case, once the car is found, there might be more than 2 people in it.

The information you provided about the calls was very interesting. I think the wait, what? was because many of us haven't really heard this before.

I have always thought they are in a body of water, misadventure, maybe drank more than they realized. If someone was indeed waiting in their car for nefarious reasons, I am wondering if he did a defensive maneuver and intentionally drove into water thinking they could escape. In that case, once the car is found, there might be more than 2 people in it.
The calls were between my co-worker and a man arrested on separate charges who was also being looked at as a possible involved party. The man committed suicide in jail. My co-worker was questioned because there were several calls between the two men, but the calls were related to business and had nothing to do with Richard & Danielle. LE was just doing their due diligence investigating all avenues and were easily able to clear my co-worker of any involvement.

The calls were between my co-worker and a man arrested on separate charges who was also being looked at as a possible involved party. The man committed suicide in jail. My co-worker was questioned because there were several calls between the two men, but the calls were related to business and had nothing to do with Richard & Danielle. LE was just doing their due diligence investigating all avenues and were easily able to clear my co-worker of any involvement.
Replying to my own post to post the link to the article about this man.

One question I would have in this regard is, why wouldn't they just be left in the street?

The missing bodies and truck, points elsewhere.

One question I would have in this regard is, why wouldn't they just be left in the street?

The missing bodies and truck, points elsewhere.
I have no real idea why. Maybe they believe in the “no body, no crime” saying. So even if the disappearance of Robert & Danielle could lead back to them, they were banking on the “no body, no crime” defense.

Replying to my own post to post the link to the article about this man.

Quotes from the story (bracketing by me):
[...]

[Robert] Carey, 40, of Palmyra, N.J., hanged himself with a shoelace in his Bucks County Jail cell on Wednesday [April 14, 2010], officials said.

Carey had been incarcerated Tuesday after being arraigned on charges that he ran a drug operation that, authorities said, illegally sold prescription painkillers in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties for a decade or more.

[...]

When South Jersey couple Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone vanished from South Street in February 2005, rumors circulated that Carey was the hit man who made them disappear.

A law-enforcement source said authorities eyed Carey but never declared him a suspect. And a source familiar with the Port Richmond area in which Carey ran part of the drug operation said that street talk had implicated Carey in the couple's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree
Back