PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #3

I have no real idea why. Maybe they believe in the “no body, no crime” saying. So even if the disappearance of Robert & Danielle could lead back to them, they were banking on the “no body, no crime” defense.
It is not just a question of hiding/disposing of the bodies. It is also the missing truck.

Quotes from the story (bracketing by me):
[...]

[Robert] Carey, 40, of Palmyra, N.J., hanged himself with a shoelace in his Bucks County Jail cell on Wednesday [April 14, 2010], officials said.

Carey had been incarcerated Tuesday after being arraigned on charges that he ran a drug operation that, authorities said, illegally sold prescription painkillers in Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties for a decade or more.

[...]

When South Jersey couple Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone vanished from South Street in February 2005, rumors circulated that Carey was the hit man who made them disappear.

A law-enforcement source said authorities eyed Carey but never declared him a suspect. And a source familiar with the Port Richmond area in which Carey ran part of the drug operation said that street talk had implicated Carey in the couple's disappearance
If this man was involved in the disappearance of these two people he will never be able to tell us---- I am sure there are lots of rumors about others who may be involved. But surely dead men tell no tales.

Last edited:
February 19, 2024
''Petrone and Imbo went missing after leaving a bar in the 400 block of South Street in Philadelphia - then known as Abilene's - at 11:45 p.m.

They were riding in Petrone's Black 2001 Dodge Dakota pickup and en route to Imbo's home in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, when they vanished.

No evidence of their fate has emerged in the years since, nor has there been any sign of Petrone's vehicle.''

Going West Podcast just released an episode bot Richard and Danielle's disapperance

Apple Podcasts Web Embed

In February of 2005, a couple went out for drinks with friends at a bar in Philadelphia, heading out just before midnight. But during their drive home, they vanished, seemingly into thin air, and neither they, nor their car, has been seen since. This is the story of Danielle Imbo and Richard Petrone.

The case is on ID now -- on Disappeared-- her ex-husband appears the next morning with the baby saying she told him to bring the baby to her home in the morning- I just have this feeling the ex had involvement in the disappearance--- he shows up with perfect alibi- having taken care of the baby the night before- well you can put a baby to sleep and go out and about-- This case is haunting

The case is on ID now -- on Disappeared-- her ex-husband appears the next morning with the baby saying she told him to bring the baby to her home in the morning- I just have this feeling the ex had involvement in the disappearance--- he shows up with perfect alibi- having taken care of the baby the night before- well you can put a baby to sleep and go out and about-- This case is haunting
I hate to say it, but a perfect alibi may just be that, a perfect alibi. If it has not collapsed in 19 years, it must be solid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back