Found Deceased PA - Robert Baron, 58, Old Forge, 25 Jan 2017 *arrest*

DEC 5, 2022
Robert Baron

robert_baron.jpg

57-year-old Robert Baron, the owner of Ghigiarelli’s Pizza in Old Forge, Pennsylvania, was last seen on January 25, 2017, when he dropped his son off at his apartment around 10:00 p.m. The next day, it appeared that a violent assault had taken place at Ghigiarelli’s. Robert’s car was discovered a few days later about a mile away. Robert has never been found. The family has turned to social media, hoping to receive credible tips that would lead them to Robert. The ‘Finding Robert Baron’ Facebook page has been a platform for conversations and theories about his disappearance. In 2021, investigators with the Old Forge Police Department and the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office confirmed they are continuing to investigate, but have no new updates in the case. Robert is described as 5’9”, approximately 185 lbs., with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black North Face jacket, blue/black sweatpants, a dark t-shirt, and a Penn State hoodie. He would be 62 years old today. The family is offering a $10,000 reward to anyone with information leading to Robert’s whereabouts. Anyone with information on the case should call the tip line at 1-800-4PA-TIPS, the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office or submit tips through the Finding Robert Baron Facebook page.

I don’t want to waste any time on pure speculation but it’s always worth it to consider suspects identified in other cases with local unsolved cases. I was just listening to the recent Trace Evidence episode on this case, which is still unsolved, and just had a creepy feeling re Kohberger. The Idaho “Moscow Murders” perp is from PA and attended DeSales University before going to WSU (located close to the Idaho campus) for grad school. He seems like a thrill seeker type, and we do know that these types often commit more than one serious crime with vague motives other than adrenaline rushes. The person who murdered and “disappeared” Mr. Baron also stole his car, which happened to be a 2006 Hyundai Elantra, and then returned it to a previously-searched area a few days after the crime. I don’t know — it just gave me the creepy tingly feeling. Also I really wish for the sake of the family that there would be developments in this case! This gentleman has a family and children who miss him terribly, and why someone didn’t “just” rob the restaurant seems so odd to me as moving a body from a crime scene drastically increases risk For the perp. I realize that it’s suggested by profilers that this often suggests that there is a personal link between the victim and the perp — there were a few sus people in Baron’s life —a woman hired to care for his elderly other had stolen a large amount of money from her —but nothing conclusive has ever come of it and Baron’s body has never been located). Kohberger would have been 22 at the time.

coincidentally Trace Evidence podcast just covered this (very strange — IF the motivation was “just” robbery) case, and I hope the Moscow Murders creep is looked into if he in any way had a connection to the very popular and locally beloved pizza etc restaurant that Mr. Baron owned. The restaurant was not *that* far from DeSales University (which Kohberger attended before WSU — the place was about an hour drive from the campus), and I’m not sure how close his parents lived to this area. Just a thought…

Last edited:
The Vanished Podcast just released a 2 part episode about Robert's disappearance.
Here is the link to the first episode
<iframe src="Robert Baron Part 1: The Scene of the Crime" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

January 25, 2017, seemed like any other ordinary day for 58-year-old Robert Baron, a respected business owner of a popular restaurant in Old Forge, Pennsylvania, and a family man. He closed up his restaurant for the evening and then made a quick trip to drive his son home nearby. Robert often spent the night in an apartment above the restaurant so he could be there first thing the next morning for the dough delivery. The delivery driver was accustomed to Robert being there on time for every delivery, but Robert wasn’t there on the morning of January 26. Thinking perhaps Robert was running late or had an emergency, he left the dough out front and went along his delivery route. Robert was supposed to pick his son, Bobby, up for work early that morning. He never showed up, and calls from Bobby’s phone went unanswered. Bobby decided to walk to the restaurant instead. There he found an unfamiliar scene, the dough sitting out front. He made his way inside, and something wasn’t right. Not only was his father not there, but things were out of place. Bobby began calling around, but no one had seen his father. Six years later, Robert’s family is still searching for answers.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Robert Baron, please contact the Lackawanna County District Attorney’s Office at (570) 963-6717.

2nd part of episode
<iframe src="Robert Baron Part 2: Cash" style="width: 100%; height: 200px; border: 0 none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
1675078737422.png1675078781997.png

Attachments

• 1675078758197.png
    1675078758197.png
    432.7 KB · Views: 0

Keep Searching :: Six (6) Years

"Trace Evidence" Episode 210:
(70 Minutes)

"Finding Robert Baron"

"Searchlight" - John Lordan:

Last edited:
According to DA Powell, on Tuesday, law enforcement was searching the area of Connell’s Patch section of Old Forge related to the active investigation into the suspicious disappearance of Robert Baron Sr., who went missing six years ago.

According to DA Powell, on Tuesday, law enforcement was searching the area of Connell’s Patch section of Old Forge related to the active investigation into the suspicious disappearance of Robert Baron Sr., who went missing six years ago.

That's an interesting location. I wonder what led them there. I can't find the park on Google maps. ? MOO

Eyewitness News crews on the scene say law enforcement officers continue to come and go where the search was moved to the abandoned mine area near Pagnotti Park.

MAR 29

OLD FORGE, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) Lackawanna County District Attorney Mark Powell confirms remains were found during the search for Robert Baron in Old Forge.

Officials state that remains were found while law enforcement began searching woods near Pagnotti Park in Old Forge and abandoned coal mines in the missing case of Robert Baron.

DA Powell states they are hopeful that the remains found are of Robert Baron Sr., but at this time they are awaiting DNA testing to confirm the identity.

MAR 29, 2023
"While we are hopeful that they are the remains of Robert Baron Sr., we will have to await DNA testing to confirm the identity," Powell said. "I have spoken with the Baron family and remain hopeful that we can provide them with the closure they deserve. The search will continue for as long as it takes to make sure we have left no stone unturned."

With the assistance of the Old Forge Police Department, Pennsylvania State Police and FBI, Powell said, unexplored investigative avenues involving recent advancement in forensic technology will be pursued.

So sad. I work with a family member (niece, I believe). I just saw this and it’s too late to reach out to her. My prayers are with her and the rest of the family.
I hope this finally brings them some closure. I live in the area but have never been to the restaurant and don't remember hearing about the case until now.

I saw that police found a tooth and Baron's blood at the crime scene and in his Hyundai Elantra in 2017.

I guess that means the perpetrator drove the vehicle to Old Forge and possibly disposed of the body there?

I wonder what piece of evidence led them there.

MAR 30, 2023
[...]

When remains were uncovered near Pagnotti Park, professionals on outdoor scene recovery were called in, graduate students of Mercyhurst University’s Department of Applied Forensic Sciences.

[...]

“We do what’s called a straight line pedestrian search where essentially we identify what we believe to be the borders of the scene. You know, how far the evidence is extended. In this case, it was pretty far. It was very scattered,” said Elizabeth Hagan, a graduate student at Mercyhurst University.

[...]

The bones were brought back to Mercyhurst to clean, analyze, and present a biological profile such as age and gender.

The analysis can take one to two weeks, followed by a written report that explains every step that was taken by the team of graduates – this can take more than a month.

[...]

You can find more information on Mercyhurst University’s Department of Applied Forensic Sciences online.

MAR 31, 2023
  • The DA says it was a burglary gone bad back in January of 2017.
  • Police interviewed several people in the early days of the investigation, including Schuback.
  • "A lot of the information we had against Mr. Schuback was developed in the early stages, but we needed more, and we needed a body," said Powell.
  • DNA results came back, proving the remains were those of Robert Baron.
  • The DA says the renewed search effort was because of advances in forensic analysis, "Areas around that area had been searched pretty thoroughly, but the advancement with the forensic analysis allowed us to pinpoint where and get a more specific finding as to where the body could be found."
  • The investigation will continue to determine if more arrests could be made in the future.

Welcome home, Bobby B! Hopefully you can rest in peace.
The guy who did this to Bobby has an alias - Stu Nod.
Thank God for a low IQ wanna be so your family can maybe take some solace in swift justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•
Back