PA PA - Rosemarie Roginski, 21, Ambridge, January 1973

I bumped into this case just today. By chance. Actually, I was looking into cases of people disappeared in '70s since my pet case is there (White Haven Beth Doe from 1976). I found some similarities, i.e. age, height, weight, eye-color, hair color. There were speculation that BD can have some connections to Europe, more precisely ex-Yugoslavia. From what I can see Rosemarie has/had Slovene origin (I think from both sides) and she was even traveling to Europe. She disappeared in '73 and BD was found in '76. I know, it is a long stretch, but still...

I am really confused, as some of you are, why are information about RR so scarce. Not to mention that there is no exact day of her birthday, nor the missing date. She had a few siblings and parents who were not some closeted family, but quite achievers and socially involved. Her father was even politically involved... That is why I would expect more interest in this case.

Who and when reported her missing? I know that DNA (I guess of her siblings) is entered somewhere 2016/2017. Wouldn't they know since when she had been missing and her birthday? Maybe she was estranged or lived on her own, but still... Also, it is said that the date of last contact was January 1, 1973, and that Rosemarie was last seen leaving her home in Ambridge, PA during the spring of 1973. Is it possible that she was not in touch with her family for a few months?

Last edited:
Could Starr Valley Jane Doe be Rosemarie???

How do we feel about Rosemarie Roginski as a potential match for this UID? Rosemarie’s date of disappearance doesn’t technically match up, but since it it isn’t specific (Spring of 1973) I don’t think it’s too far of a stretch to think that the year could be off by one. Rosemarie was attacked in March of 1972 (newspaper clipping found in her websleuths post/ linked below) could she have gone missing later that year?

She also apparently traveled quite a bit, so the distance between where she was last seen and where our UID was found doesn’t bother me too much.

The photos of the two look pretty heckin similar to me and the height/hair color/age are correct. I couldn’t see DNA info so I’m not sure that she has been or could be ruled out.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/pa-rosemarie-roginski-21-ambridge-january-1973.299924/

Attachments

• 8DA706A0-3470-448F-B87E-8EFB2F026595.jpeg
    8DA706A0-3470-448F-B87E-8EFB2F026595.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 23
Could Starr Valley Jane Doe be Rosemarie???

I see a resemblance. After the recent ID of Anita Piteau, who was listed in a relative's obituary as being missing since 1970 but was actually found in 1968, any long term missing person cases where the dates are not clear, I say submit.

I also find it weird the contact in Rosemarie's disappearance is the PA State Police in Lebanon County which is out in Eastern PA and where she went missing is in Ambridge in Beaver County, close to the Ohio Border and Pittsburgh.

Maybe whoever reported her missing lives out in Lebanon county - who knows. I live about an hour away from Ambridge and I have never heard of this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back