PA PA - Rosemarie Roginski, 21, Ambridge, January 1973

Found a bit more on the assault: https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=G7MFAAAAIBAJ&pg=6387,3263457&hl=en

"Police said the man entered the office and requested information on a title transfer. When the secretary came from behind the counter, the man pushed her against the filing cabinet where she hit her head and lost consciousness. The girl was not seriously hurt and nothing was reported missing from the office, police said."

What I find weird is that I can't find any follow up stories indicating that the man been apprehended.
What I also find weird is that her family waited all this time to report her, and the information is very vague, from not listing a more precise date of disappearance, her middle and DOB to any other circumstances that may have been associated with her disappearance. By my estimates, there should have been 5 of the 6 children, including Rosemarie, living in the household at that time she disappeared. They may not have been present when she left, but they most likely were living at home. I base this on the ages of the oldest 3 who were reported with their ages in the paper when they had their tonsils out..I can understand the youngest not remembering much, she would have been around 5 or 6, which leads me to believe she may be the one who reported her missing, but the others were well old enough to be able to recall her birthday and middle name (if she had one) and possibly why she left. They should have been able to fill in a lot of the blanks before this report was even filed, unless they weren't consulted.

I am pretty sure though not one hundred percent positive that she is probably Rose Marie Roginski. (i.e. Marie is her middle name) A couple of the articles even spell it that way.

Has anybody ever used the LDS genealogy resources? A friend tells me they have at least as much information as ancestry.com and they don't charge for it.

I didn't find anything on the LDS search but if someone wants to try their luck, please do! I'm not sure if I used it right.

I was hoping maybe the local media would do a story on her. You would think a woman vanishing 43 years ago and hasn't been heard from since would be big news, especially in a small town.

Found some people on white pages, but not convinced they are the right person.

I don't think so. She has the right name and age range, but she's listed as having married a Roginski when I look her up in Google.

I got thrown off by a Rosemarie Roginski in New York, but she's a bit older than this Rosemarie.

DNA status in NamUs still Samples submitted-Test not complete for Rosemarie. Still no news stories on her disappearance. I haven't given up that maybe she is out there, alive and well. I found one person on FB with same name as her mother, who lives in PA, but I can't tell if there is a resemblance or not.

Recent update to Rosemarie's case-the DNA section shows sample submitted-tests complete. I hope this means they have a full profile from all her siblings.

It's been over a month. Bumping for Rosemarie. Nothing new that I could find.

Since Rose had a passport (she'd traveled abroad) and worked for the local government, is it possible she has fingerprints somewhere?

Rosemarie Roginski
  • rosemarie_roginski_1.jpg
Roginski, circa 1973
  • Missing Since 03/01/1973
  • Missing From Ambridge, Pennsylvania
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'4, 140 - 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Roginski was last seen leaving her Ambridge, Pennsylvania home sometime in the spring of 1973; the exact date of her disappearance is unknown. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Pennsylvania State Police 717-865-3647
Source Information

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member