PA PA - Rosemarie Roginski, 21, Ambridge, January 1973

I noticed that, too, when I looked up resources for PA vital records. I think there is a state archives where you can walk in an view records in Harrisburg, but I found nothing on line. I looked at some of the LDS records, and found nothing, but it was a quick search. I will check again. Thanks, Carbuff

I'm running into search engines and records making Rosemary the same as Rosemarie. They're not synonymous.

That has helped some, but when I get into the site itself, after is tells me it contains matches for "Rosemarie" it turns out to be matches for Rosemary. Major bummer there. There's another Rosemarie in NY but she's like 90 LOL.

Something just isn't adding up here. The news article about her trip to Jamaica is dated 08/08/1969. It states she graduated from Ambridge High the year before (1968), went to Europe and had just completed her first year of business college. However, she is listed among the missing of Ambridge HS class of '69:
http://www.ambridgeconnection.com/uploads/1/0/6/2/10623216/high_school_reunion.pdf
It also has her name as Rose Marie, not Rosemarie, though in other newspaper articles her name is one word. I'm sure she has a middle name, because her sisters do, and I don't think it's Rose Marie.
I wonder if she took off to Europe? She went there the summer before, so she has a passport. It states in the article she keeps in touch with some of the folks she met there. I don't know how verifying international travel works, and if they can check 40 year old records? Anyone know?

Something just isn't adding up here. The news article about her trip to Jamaica is dated 08/08/1969. It states she graduated from Ambridge High the year before (1968), went to Europe and had just completed her first year of business college. However, she is listed among the missing of Ambridge HS class of '69:
http://www.ambridgeconnection.com/uploads/1/0/6/2/10623216/high_school_reunion.pdf
It also has her name as Rose Marie, not Rosemarie, though in other newspaper articles her name is one word. I'm sure she has a middle name, because her sisters do, and I don't think it's Rose Marie.
I wonder if she took off to Europe? She went there the summer before, so she has a passport. It states in the article she keeps in touch with some of the folks she met there. I don't know how verifying international travel works, and if they can check 40 year old records? Anyone know?

'Just a guess, but I think she is "missing" from the Ambridge High class because they cannot contact her regarding reunions, etc. Not that she is/was actually a "missing person" at the time of graduation.

'Just a guess, but I think she is "missing" from the Ambridge High class because they cannot contact her regarding reunions, etc. Not that she is/was actually a "missing person" at the time of graduation.

Yeah, I thought it meant the same thing. That they couldn't locate her when they went to contact her about that year's reunion.

re: Rose Marie versus Rosemarie

I just tried putting the name as two words rather than one, and turned up a whole bunch of new stuff. Some of it is for the Rosemarie Roginski in New York so I still have to sort through, but some of it looks interesting.

Like a Rosemary M. Roginski, born Feb. 1971 in Sewickley PA.

And our Rosemarie recuperating from a hospital visit in December 1970 in Sewickley.

"A report of ill members included Rose Marie Roginski, who is recuperating at home after treatment in Sewickley Valley Hospital..."

article, "Christmas Plans Made by Auxiliary", Dec. 10 1970 (https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=PrMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2676,3521092&hl=en)

("Auxiliary" is to Ambridge Eagles)

Another one of our Rosemarie's social events, with picture. Scroll down to the photo. She's standing on the left, I think. https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=U7MFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1262,5107773&hl=en

I really don't wan to start looking at UID's because I'm not convinced she isn't still alive and living in another country, given her ambitions to travel. That's what I'm hoping, that she became a world traveler.

That's how I understood it, too. What I was aiming to point out was that she is considered as part of the class of 69, when the newspaper article stated she graduated the year before and had just finished up her first year of business college. I would think that would have made her a 1968 HS grad.

re: Rose Marie versus Rosemarie

I just tried putting the name as two words rather than one, and turned up a whole bunch of new stuff. Some of it is for the Rosemarie Roginski in New York so I still have to sort through, but some of it looks interesting.

Like a Rosemary M. Roginski, born Feb. 1971 in Sewickley PA.

And our Rosemarie recuperating from a hospital visit in December 1970 in Sewickley.

"A report of ill members included Rose Marie Roginski, who is recuperating at home after treatment in Sewickley Valley Hospital..."

article, "Christmas Plans Made by Auxiliary", Dec. 10 1970 (https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=PrMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2676,3521092&hl=en)

("Auxiliary" is to Ambridge Eagles)

Another one of our Rosemarie's social events, with picture. Scroll down to the photo. She's standing on the left, I think. https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=U7MFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1262,5107773&hl=en

I've come across those articles, and then some. Have you noticed in some, she's Rosemarie, and in others, she's Rose Marie? But, after 1972, I can't find any more news articles about her.

That's how I understood it, too. What I was aiming to point out was that she is considered as part of the class of 69, when the newspaper article stated she graduated the year before and had just finished up her first year of business college. I would think that would have made her a 1968 HS grad.

I didn't realize what you meant, but I understand now! 'Seems she would have been in the 1968 graduating class rather than '69. Hmmmmmm...

That's what I was thinking. I hadn't noticed the dates before now. I'm still learning.

This article from April 9, 1968 says that Rosemarie was a junior. http://tinyurl.com/z9mrpdb

Which news report stated she graduated the year before and finished her first year of business college?? I can't find it now (and my thinker is tired)

ETA: Is it the one with the pic of her little sister?? Is there more info other than what's stated under the photo??

I really don't wan to start looking at UID's because I'm not convinced she isn't still alive and living in another country, given her ambitions to travel. That's what I'm hoping, that she became a world traveler.

Or living in this country under a different or married name.

Yes. To the left of the picture of her and her sister is an accompanying news article.

Yes. To the left of the picture of her and her sister is an accompanying news article.

Ahhh yes! Now I'm on track with you. Interestingly, the report (dated August 1969) also says, "Saturday, after completing her first year at Duff's Business College... " THEN, later in the article it says, "Miss Roginski started a two year executive secretarial course at the college June 16." Maybe they meant she started June 16 of 1968?? I don't know what the writer meant. It's confusing.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=CbMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5941,1836701&hl=en

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back