Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 and 20 are virgin teeth, 18 has two restorations and 19 is missing

Does this match to Beth's, or, an I mistaking the tooth numbers?

Lulaida has DNA so unless there is an error with that she is a rule out. Her teeth also look to straight in the front compared to Beth's dentals.

I wonder if they dusted the suitcases for prints?
- I believe so.

17 and 20 are virgin teeth, 18 has two restorations and 19 is missing

Does this match to Beth's, or, an I mistaking the tooth numbers?

Lulaida has DNA so unless there is an error with that she is a rule out. Her teeth also look to straight in the front compared to Beth's dentals.

- I believe so.

I don't have much experience with dentals, but it looks to me like they could match.

And I would say that means we should submit it so somebody who knows what they're doing can double check, and make sure the DNA really didn't match. All logic says it's not her, but it's hard to argue with dentals.

I submitted it to the PA detective. I couldn't find a reason not to.

it's hard to argue with dentals

That is very true!

DNA is great but I do wonder how often these samples get contaminated and/or how often there are errors on the lab end.

I submitted it to the PA detective. I couldn't find a reason not to.

That is very true!

DNA is great but I do wonder how often these samples get contaminated and/or how often there are errors on the lab end.

Or even due to assumptions about the way DNA matching works, where it's thought to be a mismatch by default when in fact the two people don't have the same kind of DNA entered, or something like that.

That's a good question, I wonder what number that missing tooth would represent. I also think in Beth's dental chart, the two front teeth on the top, with the hole between the two teeth are unique. That's if I'm reading the chart right and it is actually her two front teeth.

This person does have a scar, but it's on the foot, I think Beth's was on her calf if I remember correctly.

Unless the person who made the report was one of those people who describes anything on the lower leg as "the foot." My brother does that...so I wouldn't call it a ruleout.

Re: Post 195 request to translate X-Rays into a Diagram:

In my amateur opinion:

Beginning with the Upper Teeth:

1 N/Natural, 2N, 3N, 4 R/Restoration, 5N, 6N, 7R, 8N,
9 Hole on Left/Outward Side, 10 Hole on Right/Inward Side,
11N, 12R, 13N, 14R, 15R, 16N,

On the Lower Teeth:

17N, 18R, 19 Missing with Healed Socket, 20N, 21N, 22N, 23N, 24N,
25N, 26N, 27N, 28N, 29N, 30 Recent removal with UNhealed Socket,
31N, 32 Missing with Healed Socket

Dental Sleuths: Does this appear to be correct?

May This Be Our Year For Answers

Map, Aerial View, and Coordinates of Beth's and Daughter's Graves:

http://www.bing.com/maps/

2360 Laurytown Rd., Weatherly, PA, 18255

Select Bird' Eye View, Zoom, and Rotate - Graves are on the West side of the road

For GPS Users:

N 40 59.1548 W 075 44.7860, or, depending on Your Instrument,
N 40 59 09 W 075 44 47, or
N 40.985913 W 075.746433

It's in a quiet, country setting, adjacent to the Former County Home property.

The runaway scenario explains the ADA opinion that she stopped seeking dental care.
Hair color looks right, eyes look brown but I'm guessing, age is right on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 127
I think her age would have been a bit above the estimate in 1976, but I wonder if Anita Drake, who went missing in Ohio in 1963 was ever looked at?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20113/0

Anita's namus profile says DNA tests are complete so I assume that means it's in codis and would have popped up as a match. Good looking match though!

FYI - Some case related photos. These have been discussed but not recently. I've been trying to ID the bedspread and I seen a lot of vintage postcards with motel rooms that have similar spreads..... but never similar enough.

http://pennsylvaniamissing.com/bethdoephotos.html

The spread looks to me to be a hand sewn one from the 1950s like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/178836958/lemon-love-vintage-chenille-bedspread?ref=market

That's not real useful. I had hoped it might be from like a motor lodge or something but given the condition I would assume even the lower rate type places wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member