Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently discovered Beth Doe and Baby Doe. It makes me very upset someone would do this to another human and a pregnant one none the less. It reminds me of the Scott Peterson Murder, but this is way more over the top and sinister. I been wondering what the letters WSR meant. Maybe this could be the women's initials. and the number 57 could be her birth year 1957, which would put her age dead center of the suspected age range 16-22. Some killers inform their victims they're gonna kill them before actually killing them. This could be the women's way of helping police identify her.

I just wanted to let you know that I heard back from the PA State Police about Irene Scherban --

After speaking with investigators in Canada we are of the opinion that Scherban is NOT Beth Doe. This is not 1000% certainty, but there are a number of reasons we feel so.

I wish I had a better clue what the reasons were (I'm too embarrassed to ask) -- maybe the dentals are really different?

I just wanted to let you know that I heard back from the PA State Police about Irene Scherban --

Thank you for checking it out.

I wish I had a better clue what the reasons were (I'm too embarrassed to ask) -- maybe the dentals are really different?

Maybe they've got a fair idea what happened to Irene? Sometimes that happens, they think they know who it is but they've rattled the guy's tree as much as they are allowed to and still no evidence, so they back off and keep an eye on him and hope he relaxes enough to blab.

Bumping for Beth Doe because for some reason I haven't been able to stop thinking about her lately. :please:

Could these initials have anything to do with the Wilkes barre - Scranton Railroad? The number possibly being a car number?

The railroad used to operate through the pocono mountains through the area pretty close to where she was found?

I'm just throwing this out there out of memory of there being a railroad running through the area. These trains carried coal, ice and commuters to various towns along the pocono mountains even through to New York. It isn't in operation any more, but I believe it was in the 70's, but not sure.

I'm not very good at researching the history of these things, but it found a link that has other links if you click on the link at the top of the page.

http://www.monroehistorical.org/articles/files/010106_rr.html

I don't know if it has any relevance but I've had these letters on my mind for awhile, I apologize if it's been mentioned before.

Initially I thought it could be a flight number from a defunct airline. I don't know but I had to get it out of my head. Hope it is something.

"SR" is also used for "State Route". Could it have been directions such as "west on state route 57" for "WSR 57"? She may have been using a type of shorthand to remember some directions.

ould these initials have anything to do with the Wilkes barre - Scranton Railroad? The number possibly being a car number?

The railroad used to operate through the pocono mountains through the area pretty close to where she was found?

I'm just throwing this out there out of memory of there being a railroad running through the area. These trains carried coal, ice and commuters to various towns along the pocono mountains even through to New York. It isn't in operation any more, but I believe it was in the 70's, but not sure.

I was looking for that a while back. I had found some old maps (posted here a while back) of Scranton/Wilkes Barre area and I scoured it for train stations that may give a clue. I didn't see anything but it was incomplete information.

I am thinking this is an "honor" killing in the Muslim community. We are seeing this now 30+ years later. Beth Doe lived in a Muslim community in the USA - in 1976 - what would be her fate

I am thinking this is an "honor" killing in the Muslim community. We are seeing this now 30+ years later. Beth Doe lived in a Muslim community in the USA - in 1976 - what would be her fate

Very interesting thought, Mingsmom. May I ask what makes you think that this was an honor killing?

I'll chime in on that question, that the chopped off nose seems to suggest an honor killing.

If she was dismembered to facilitate her disposal, the removal of the nose would be unnecessary. If the killer intended to conceal her identity, he would have done a more thorough job of mutilating her face. A killer doesn't chop off someone's nose unless it was to make a statement of contempt for that person. Add in that she was pregnant, and it raises the question of whether her family might have been dishonored by the circumstances of that pregnancy.

I think an honor killing is quite a likely possibility, but there are a number of other cultures who deal in honor killings, and only a minority of Muslims follow the practice. In 1976, even Sicilian would have been a possibility. And lust murders sometimes include facial mutilation of the victim, either beating in the face or slashing -- Jack the Ripper would be a famous example.

I just heard from the investigator for Beth and Lulaida Morales Sejalbo could not be ruled out based on dentals (I got goose bumps when I read that part) but was ruled out based on DNA. I didn't think she was a super good lead but the dental thing was really interesting.

I've never been much into the honor killing theory. That type always seems to me to be more of an 'open' type of murder where this feels more like your regular hidden 'guy didn't want to get caught' type murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500